The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
I was just looking for what the student number is, turns out it is the reference after all. It says it doesn't recognise my email address now :facepalm:

Did you click where it says I dont know my userid and password? I think then they email it to you in a couple of days...and then it should work. Its all a bit stressful really
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 6401
Original post by zaraby
Hi, I registered my email with my UCAS ID instead of UCL reference number. I wasn't able to log in initially but somehow I managed to log in today to the accommodation application page. Just wondering, will registering with UCAS ID have any impact on my accommodation application? Thanks.

Hello :smile: this is the way that I did it, and no a lot other people have done it. I don't think it matters, as the two numbers are probably linked at UCL anyway- if it would affect your application they wouldn't have accepted it! :smile:
Reply 6402
Original post by Evie94
I used my passport photo- I took a photo with my phone and then emailed it to myself and then uploaded it using my computer. I didn't have scanner or anything you see- it was a bit of a faff. But I'm sure you don't have to use a passport photo to be honest (I wish I hadnt, I look like an escaped convict in mine :tongue:)

aha cheers for that! yeh ive heard it nothing strict like when applying for a passport just atleast its a good decent photo! i end up taking a picture and using paint to crop my face :') what accommodation did you apply for if you dont mind me asking?
Hey all. Any English students here? Sorry for being a bit lazy but 324 is an intimidating number of pages to start trawling through. Just started looking at halls for next year but finding it pretty hard to tell them apart from each other.

I'm looking for somewhere with a really friendly, lively atmosphere. Self-catered, doesn't need to be ensuite or super close to campus. I'm happy with a 10-15 minute bus-ride. Ideally not with a 'ra reputation'. And if possible a gym closeby!

Am I asking too much? Maybe one of the camden halls would be a good bet? Any advice is much appreciated!
Reply 6404
I think people need to start checking the forms first. You can't pick what halls you want. You only pick your preferences (proximity to campus, cost, shared/single, en-suite, self-catered and whatever else there is)

So based on yours, perhaps put self-catered as you main preference, since you don't seem fussed about anything else. Even the furthest UCL halls can be reached within about 20 minutes.

UCL's gym is in UCLU on Gordon Street, and ULU's is at Malet Street, so it'll be just as close as the campus is from your halls. Other gyms, who knows, but they're everywhere.
Reply 6405
Original post by jayy1994
aha cheers for that! yeh ive heard it nothing strict like when applying for a passport just atleast its a good decent photo! i end up taking a picture and using paint to crop my face :') what accommodation did you apply for if you dont mind me asking?

Haha yeah. I was lazy and uses my passport photo- but yeah look like a convict haha oh well it will certainly be a conversation starter in September! Ah I have applied for catered- I put Canterbury, college both IC halls and then Ramsay as my last preference. What are you thinking? :smile:
Reply 6406
Original post by Evie94
Haha yeah. I was lazy and uses my passport photo- but yeah look like a convict haha oh well it will certainly be a conversation starter in September! Ah I have applied for catered- I put Canterbury, college both IC halls and then Ramsay as my last preference. What are you thinking? :smile:

haha! ill be looking out for it :wink: yeh i applied for catered too! :biggrin: just a bit stuck on choosing my third place :/ ive got ramsay as my first (well i had to put ucl halls, but ive put proximity to ucl as my main preference so hopefully they won't put me in ivor), then connaught as my second choice.
Third choice im not sure, I'm thinking college, commonwealth or hughes parry :/
but college is the most expensive out of the three so im leaning to one of the garden halls. why did Canterbury appeal to you?
Reply 6407
haha! ill be looking out for it :wink: yeh i applied for catered too! :biggrin: just a bit stuck on choosing my third place :/ ive got ramsay as my first (well i had to put ucl halls, but ive put proximity to ucl as my main preference so hopefully they won't put me in ivor), then connaught as my second choice.
Third choice im not sure, I'm thinking college, commonwealth or hughes parry :/
but college is the most expensive out of the three so im leaning to one of the garden halls. why did Canterbury appeal to you?

Ah I see. I put proximity as my preference too. I liked Canterbury because it's quite small, lots of bathrooms (I didn't want to share with large numbers of people) and it's around 14mins walk.
Reply 6408
Original post by Evie94
Ah I see. I put proximity as my preference too. I liked Canterbury because it's quite small, lots of bathrooms (I didn't want to share with large numbers of people) and it's around 14mins walk.

ahh when you say small, do you mean small rooms or just a small hall? and i noticed that you share the bathrooms between like 2 or 3 people, which is actually quite good! do the cleaners clean the bathrooms still or is the responsibility between the people using it :/ sorry for all the questions lol
Does anyone know if the single rooms in Commonwealth or Hughes have washbins in the rooms!?? The descriptions aren't particularly detailed!
Reply 6410
Original post by the real viper
Does anyone know if the single rooms in Commonwealth or Hughes have washbins in the rooms!?? The descriptions aren't particularly detailed!

hey there, i had a look at the pics of the room i couldnt see any wash basins :/
hey there, i had a look at the pics of the room i couldnt see any wash basins :/

there's the deal breaker, any knowledge of washbasins existing in Connaught singles rooms? Cheers
Reply 6412
Original post by the real viper
there's the deal breaker, any knowledge of washbasins existing in Connaught singles rooms? Cheers

yeh i know that connaught have washbasins and ive heard that college hall non-ensuite rooms have them too (have to check that out tho)
Anybody thinking of putting International hall down? I really like the look of it but I've heard the only do self-catering for graduates, don't really want to be catered accommodation.
Hey this is going to sound really idiotic - but how do you apply? I've firmed my offer, I got the letter and there was an accommodation booklet but, thinking it was irrelevant, my mum binned it... Was there anything relevant on it?
Or can I just sign in or something anyway?
HELP ahhhh.
UPDATE: I found the accommodation site, and have gone into the whole "I don't know my password/ ID thing". When it says student ID, does that mean one they give you or just my UCAS? Thanks
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6415
ahh when you say small, do you mean small rooms or just a small hall? and i noticed that you share the bathrooms between like 2 or 3 people, which is actually quite good! do the cleaners clean the bathrooms still or is the responsibility between the people using it :/ sorry for all the questions lol

No I mean there is a small number of people within the halls- theres only about 206 undergraduates according to their website. And yeah that's what attracted me slightly. And I have no idea about cleaners- I think I remember reading somewhere that catered halls get cleaned but self catered halls don't? Perhaps somebody who knows more about it, will correct me ? Haha
Reply 6416
Original post by lemonpancake
Hey this is going to sound really idiotic - but how do you apply? I've firmed my offer, I got the letter and there was an accommodation booklet but, thinking it was irrelevant, my mum binned it... Was there anything relevant on it?
Or ca I just sign in or something anyway?
HELP ahhhh.
UPDATE: I found the accommodation site, and have gone into the whole "I don't know my password/ ID thing". When it says student ID, does that mean one they give you or just my UCAS? Thanks

I can't remember there being any information within the booklet which you can't find online :smile: you can either register using your email address and UCAS number (which I did and many others have) or you can use your UCL userid number which apparently is printed on the top of your offer letter. Hope that helps.
Original post by Evie94
I can't remember there being any information within the booklet which you can't find online :smile: you can either register using your email address and UCAS number (which I did and many others have) or you can use your UCL userid number which apparently is printed on the top of your offer letter. Hope that helps.

Ahhh thank you so much. I'll use my UCAS ID then as I've lost my offer. Thank you!
Reply 6418
Don't forget guys to join the UCL freshers 2012 group on Facebook- need to start building up the members for september :smile:)))
Reply 6419
Original post by Evie94
No I mean there is a small number of people within the halls- theres only about 206 undergraduates according to their website. And yeah that's what attracted me slightly. And I have no idea about cleaners- I think I remember reading somewhere that catered halls get cleaned but self catered halls don't? Perhaps somebody who knows more about it, will correct me ? Haha

ahhhh i see! tbh i just been thinking if i went catered what would i do for lunch like during the day at uni, cause i always eat at lunch lol. so ill end up spending more money on food :/ jheez i dont know whether im coming or going, thinking of self catered now! lol

Latest