The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kruz
16 and he's got stats like that :coma:, I swear down some of the regens in this game are ridiculous.

I know. He's going to be incredible if he develops.

Luis Enrique just scored on his debut...with a free-kick. :biggrin: :cool:
Reply 6621
Left Celtic after three seasons, done the treble the first two, and the quadruple in the last (Beat SLB in Euro Cup Final :biggrin:)

Now at Athletico Madrid, top of the league, 10 games unbeaten (W8 D2)
Only downside.. Consortium are attempting a takeover, and say they'll place Mark Hughes as manager :facepalm:

Edit: Survived the takeover and finished second, one point behind Barca, decent.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6622
Yeah scouts are normally sent out by nation based on their country knowledge (which I sometimes train up myself by sending them places) mostly just scouting the country and the under 18s leagues. One with the highest adaptability goes on a world / region scout and one with high tactical knowledge scouting next opposition
Reply 6623
What do people think is more important for a striker, composure or finishing?
Original post by zxh800
What do people think is more important for a striker, composure or finishing?

Finishing. The guy gets composure with age like other mental attributes. Finishing is hard to develop. Even if you have good composure, you'll be hitting the keeper or the post because of your poor finishing.
Reply 6625
They're both pretty important!

But I think a natural finisher with no composure would perform better than one who had composure but poor finishing.
Reply 6626
Do some regens naturally have traits when they come into the game or must they be learned eg "Curls ball" which has to be learned from a tutor, what if they all retire before it's passed on?
Reply 6627
Original post by WhuTom
Do some regens naturally have traits when they come into the game or must they be learned eg "Curls ball" which has to be learned from a tutor, what if they all retire before it's passed on?

Well could you not have a real player teach it to a regen and then use that regen to teach it to another regen later in the game?
Reply 6628
Some regens do start with PPM's from my experience.
Reply 6629
Went home for Easter, think I put Steam online for some reason and then didn't take it off.

Came back to halls, now whenever I try and play it it tries to update Steam for a couple of seconds then says 'could not connect to steam network', and when I press start in offline mode it just tells me 'could not connect to steam network' again.

Thing is I actually have internet in halls (through a cable), it's how i'm posting here, but Steam doesn't seem to recognise this, so I can't go online to turn Steam offline so I can actually play the game.

Any ideas? :puppyeyes:
Try restarting with the ethernet cable attached, then steam should recognize that you're using a different network to connect to the net.
Reply 6631
Original post by Kevmeister
Try restarting with the ethernet cable attached, then steam should recognize that you're using a different network to connect to the net.

Thats what I'm doing at the moment, it's just steam doesn't seem to acknowledge that connection, even though it did before Easter. Should never have taken it off offline mode :sigh:

Cheers though :yy:
I still depend almost entirely on my lone striker for goals without even a premier league quality replacement striker if he's injured, but bloody hell, 74 goals in a season is insane.
Original post by Louis.
Thats what I'm doing at the moment, it's just steam doesn't seem to acknowledge that connection, even though it did before Easter. Should never have taken it off offline mode :sigh:

Cheers though :yy:

Very strange - have you got the option to turn off your wireless adapter? Worth a shot.

I just leave FM on all the time now due to this issue. Laptop only gets restarted when absolutely necessary.
I keep getting a runtime error, does anybody know the solution for it?
Reply 6635
Original post by Kruz
I keep getting a runtime error, does anybody know the solution for it?
With so little information to go on, no. If you say what the error message says, and if there's a certain point at which it keeps happening (e.g. if it's always happening when you start a match or go to a certain screen or something), maybe.

Original post by Louis.
Went home for Easter, think I put Steam online for some reason and then didn't take it off.

Came back to halls, now whenever I try and play it it tries to update Steam for a couple of seconds then says 'could not connect to steam network', and when I press start in offline mode it just tells me 'could not connect to steam network' again.

Thing is I actually have internet in halls (through a cable), it's how i'm posting here, but Steam doesn't seem to recognise this, so I can't go online to turn Steam offline so I can actually play the game.

Any ideas? :puppyeyes:
Being able to connect to the internet doesn't in itself mean it's possible for some programs to work. Unis deliberately block ports used by games, torrent clients and other things that can be particularly large drains on bandwidth. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711 may be helpful, but I think you might be stuffed unless you can connect (even temporarily) from another network...so if you're on a laptop, head off to a free wifi hotspot or something.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6636
Original post by Dalimyr
With so little information to go on, no. If you say what the error message says, and if there's a certain point at which it keeps happening (e.g. if it's always happening when you start a match or go to a certain screen or something), maybe.

Being able to connect to the internet doesn't in itself mean it's possible for some programs to work. Unis deliberately block ports used by games, torrent clients and other things that can be particularly large drains on bandwidth. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8571-GLVN-8711 may be helpful, but I think you might be stuffed unless you can connect (even temporarily) from another network...so if you're on a laptop, head off to a free wifi hotspot or something.

Yeah thought it might be as much. I always thought Steam worked in my halls but I do usually have it on offline mode so it would make sense if it was blocked. Think I was browsing for cheap games over the holidays and forgot to turn it back off before I came down :nopity:

Cheeky trip to Maccys might be in order. That or not playing it and actually doing some work for exams. Imagine it :afraid:
Reply 6637
My laptop is being fixed! Yes!!!!! Luckily it's just the charger thing that's broke so I won't lose any games.
Board have announced stadium expansion.. :excited:

... expansion of 733 seats. Total cost: £1.1m. :nothing:
Reply 6639
Original post by Mr.Messy
Board have announced stadium expansion.. :excited:

... expansion of 733 seats. Total cost: £1.1m. :nothing:

Are you Liverpool? Wait until the end of the season, it'll probably get blocked by planning permission :sigh: I had a 5000 seat extension blocked at the end of the season :rolleyes:

So I am now going to have to try and save up for about 10 seasons to get a new stadium.

Latest