The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
Can anyone explain to me what Young Enterprise actually is? :confused:

Er, when it was done at my school, it was basically the planning, creation and trading of a small business. You'd be in small groups and think of an original idea e.g. card-making, then create a market plan and identify your audience, how you'll get/make the product, where and when you'll sell it etc. THEN you'd actually do it. The biggest profits made last year won the team a prize. However, my school doesn't do it anymore... Hope this is easy enough to understand! :biggrin:
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Er, when it was done at my school, it was basically the planning, creation and trading of a small business. You'd be in small groups and think of an original idea e.g. card-making, then create a market plan and identify your audience, how you'll get/make the product, where and when you'll sell it etc. THEN you'd actually do it. The biggest profits made last year won the team a prize. However, my school doesn't do it anymore... Hope this is easy enough to understand! :biggrin:
Makes sense, thanks! :biggrin:
OK, I think it's fair to say that I've revised now :smile: How is everyone else doing in their revision?
Original post by usycool1
OK, I think it's fair to say that I've revised now :smile: How is everyone else doing in their revision?
I've given up.

What subjects were you revising? :smile:
Also, does anyone have any notes for any of Seamus Heaney's poems which they can upload and send to me? I was ill when we were going through them in class so revision is proving to be quite tough for these poems :frown:
I've given up.

What subjects were you revising? :smile:

Ah well :tongue:

I was revising computing and a bit of economics :biggrin: Might do some English lit now though for a bit...
Ah well :tongue:

I was revising computing and a bit of economics :biggrin: Might do some English lit now though for a bit...
:yep: English is the way forward.
This is going to be a big ask but you know for English Lit. words like Assonance, Enjambment,, Phatic Language, Alliteration etc. does anyone know any document listing around 20-30 of these with definitions? Or even 15 would be good. If not could someone type a well rounded batch so we can all learn from them?

I'm not sad if no one cares, just saying because I only know around 5 at the moment.
Is everyone from this thread going to move to the yr 12 thread? I hope so even though I'm not a frequent poster I feel I have grown to love this thread some of you guys make me feel hopeful that I can achieve my grades, i have some great laughs and if im stuck i come straight to here, and it also the best procrastinating tool. But seriously is everyone coming on to the new yr 12 thread; I certainly am
:yep: English is the way forward.

Lol err...I hate English as a subject (I'm sorry! :tongue:). Lol everyone knows that mathematics is the way forward :biggrin:
Original post by lil-mazie
Is everyone from this thread going to move to the yr 12 thread? I hope so even though I'm not a frequent poster I feel I have grown to love this thread some of you guys make me feel hopeful that I can achieve my grades, i have some great laughs and if im stuck i come straight to here, and it also the best procrastinating tool. But seriously is everyone coming on to the new yr 12 thread; I certainly am
Absolutely! I look forward to seeing you there when we move! :biggrin:
Lol err...I hate English as a subject (I'm sorry! :tongue:). Lol everyone knows that mathematics is the way forward :biggrin:
:hand: I don't think so :wink:

Here here! :^_^:
I'm going to sound really thick here but...

What does the word "bevel" mean? The line of a poem goes:
The line of its pressure ran like a bevel
Original post by iJess
My last day at school tomorrow :biggrin: and lots of parties! I've stocked up on bubbles, sweets and permanent markers from tesco :tongue:

Same here xD

I'm gonna miss my friends so much.

Its only just hit me that this is the end of high school! :eek:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Hello and welcome to the awesomeness that is the Year 11 thread.. (mark II)
:biggrin:

prepare to be dazzled by our existence.....

Why thank you! :biggrin: Should be in for an interesting experience..
Reply 8255
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Same here xD

I'm gonna miss my friends so much.

Its only just hit me that this is the end of high school! :eek:

It's gonna be weird D:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Did you drop it (i.e. already done the GCSE) or just choose not to do the GCSE. My german translation:

Hast du er verlassen, oder nur wahlte dir das GCSE nicht machen. (See that sexy mix of perfect past tense and imperfect past tense - just needed a bit pf pluperfect and it would have been immense)

couldn't take it as it did not fit in with my option blocks :frown:
Original post by InvertedLayman
Oh okay, cool. So you want to study medicine?

yep! you too then?

I am really interested in doing paediatrics or becoming a brain surgeon..
atm though that's kind of irrelevant..need to get good gcse grades before I can even think about moving further lol!!
Reply 8258
Original post by InvertedLayman
This is going to be a big ask but you know for English Lit. words like Assonance, Enjambment,, Phatic Language, Alliteration etc. does anyone know any document listing around 20-30 of these with definitions? Or even 15 would be good. If not could someone type a well rounded batch so we can all learn from them?

I'm not sad if no one cares, just saying because I only know around 5 at the moment.

I have 2 pages of all these words in a poetry revision book, if you wait about 5 mins I'll type them up for you? :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
yep! you too then?

I am really interested in doing paediatrics or becoming a brain surgeon..
atm though that's kind of irrelevant..need to get good gcse grades before I can even think about moving further lol!!

One of my best friends aspires to be a neurosurgeon! She's a genius :curious: