The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Anyone doing Adult Nursing B700 at Manchester University?

Scroll to see replies

No, I've never been I just like to know what's there should the urge ever take me...

I must confess I am but a charlatan in this thread. I am not doing adult nursing. Or any other kind of nursing. I was just bored at work and wanted something to talk about. Sorry. I'll be doing Chemistry. And I'll be the creepy guy skulking about campus who looks too old to be a student, but too young to be a member of staff.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 21
Oh and there was me thinking i'd almost kind of not really know someone when i started! thanks :wink:
There I go again, dashing the hopes of everybody in my path. I do that more often than I perhaps should. My mother's a nurse, if that helps to abate the pain. She's an adult too, for that matter.
hi guys :smile: ,
I have an unconditional offer for adult nursing to start in September. Im commuting from home i think as i live in Altrincham (near manchester) :smile: ....
would be nice to see some familiar faces before the lectures begin.
Add me on facebook if any of you have it ...search: becky penchion .
xxx
Im doing Mental Health in September! Can't wait.....
Reply 25
I just got my letter through for occupational health, blood tests! yum! it all get's a bit more real now.. x
ohh haha!! sounds exciting! are you doing adult nursing KLEESH5? :smile: xx
Reply 27
kleesh5
I just got my letter through for occupational health, blood tests! yum! it all get's a bit more real now.. x

It gets worse depending on how keen you are on being jabbed with needles lol. I've known about my place for a year now and have so far had 1 blood test and 3 Hep B (if I remember rightly) jabs... just waiting for my last lovely test (made harder by the fact my veins are teeny and deep - she guessed anatomically where they *should* have been last time which was a wee bit unnerving).. and then there's the lovely occupational health doctor to contend with.. I'm sure she'd be fine if you have a perfect form :P

Nah, I wouldn't worry too much... it's all worth it in the end which is the point to a little needle work..

And the more I write the more sinister and un-nurselike I appear. Sorry lol. It really isn't that bad. Seriously don't worry :smile:

I apparently need to work on my bed side manner!
Reply 28
Haha! Really looking forward to it now! Last time i had blood taken at the hospital they lost it.... THREE times. I was pissed as you can imagine! Injections don't bother me too much but ive also been in the position where they "guess" where my veins are and i'd rather they were a little more confident about it! "this might not work but we'll give it a stab" were not encouraging words!
Reply 29
becky_penchion
ohh haha!! sounds exciting! are you doing adult nursing KLEESH5? :smile: xx

I am! Absolutely cacking myself! How you feeling about it all?

Rachael x
Reply 30
I am! Just confirmed my offer .. ah! Hideously nervous!!
Hey! I doing adult nursing at Manchester too!! So excited! I'm living in weston hall.. moving in on the 16th!! Anyone got any books or anything like that for it? Where everyone from and where you staying and what not? x
Does anyone recommend any halls for Nurses to stay in? I've just accepted my offer from Manchester and I'm looking for accommodation now! x
Reply 33
Im also doing adult nursing starting this september!! Still trying to choose my accommodation too - but from what i've read, it all sounds very competitive - think I want to live in Oak House though!
Yeah I'm thinking of Oak House too. Either there or Victoria Hall or Wright Robinson...I'm so excited!
I'm in the same boat, I'm liking the sound of oak house too, but not too sure, really hope im with a few other nurses :/
im torn between oak house and richmond park - don't know which one to put first! im really worried about not being with nurses because of placement and stuff i dont want to be a complete knark who comes and goes at all hours of the day / night
Original post by FionaMcCauley
im torn between oak house and richmond park - don't know which one to put first! im really worried about not being with nurses because of placement and stuff i dont want to be a complete knark who comes and goes at all hours of the day / night

Original post by EmilyGracee
I'm in the same boat, I'm liking the sound of oak house too, but not too sure, really hope im with a few other nurses :/

The accommodation office seems to have a policy of trying to put 2/3 people from the same course in the same flat, so in my flat we have three people doing one subject (one of whom is on a particular course that is pretty much the same as, but not the same subject as (yes, it's bizarre Manchester thing!), a fourth person), two people on another course, and then two people doing different, but vaguely related, courses.

Anyway, it seems likely that you will be placed in the same flat as at least one other nurse. Oh, and I tend to come and go at all times of the day and early morning for sporting purposes (finding that people are only just getting up, or still in bed, when I return from practice is completely normal!) but no one bats an eyelid, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
Oh thats great ! thanks very much!
Reply 39
Hi, I'm starting the Adult Nursing course in Sept 2012! Sorry for picking up an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has received any info regarding the health check interview? I've sent off the form but heard nothing since? And also, if anyone has received "the invite" from the Bursary to complete the form? Starting to panick as I am a "mature" student (I'm only 25 for goodness sake!) and will be needing to hand in my notice soon, but I don't want to do it until I am 100% sure I'm getting the bursary money!

For those wondering about (it's prob a bit late now) but any accommodation in Fallowfield, especially Owens Park will be mad :smile: Quietest place is Victoria Park ( I did my first degree in Manchester and stayed in Victoria Park for the 4 years).

x

Quick Reply