The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rockrunride
Have been on hold for 10 mins trying to get a Watford ticket! Typing this with my other hand :|

#hardknocklife
Original post by Kevmeister
#hardknocklife

Got there in the end. Hopefully three new grounds by the end of August, gotta love those pre-season friendlies :adore:
Reply 2082
#hardknocklife

Prefer:

#firstworldproblems
He's back, baby. He's back.

:coma:
Sky are saying Freund was a midfielder? Wasn't he a defender? :beard:
Reply 2085
Have been on hold for 10 mins trying to get a Watford ticket! Typing this with my other hand :|

:rofl:

Think he was pretty much the German equivalent of Scott Parker.

Think he was pretty much the German equivalent of Scott Parker.

He was a more defensive midfielder than Parker.
Original post by Good bloke

Possibly explains why I thought he was a CB.

Either that or my memory is shot.

Either that or my memory is shot.

Well, he did leave Spurs about ten years ago.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7890246/AVB-Abramovich-quit-on-me
:facepalm2:
I like the guy and think he's a top class manager, but this is sour grapes. Get on with it and show everyone you're a great manager.
Reply 2091
Original post by Good bloke

How can you be a more defensive midfielder than Parker!? The guy sat in front of the defense the whole season. There is a very good reason as to why he hasn't scored a goal for us yet! (apart from his lack of ability in that department).

Freund was very much in a similar mould, just not quite as good. But he was a legend because of his work rate and all round good bloke attitude.
Original post by FK
How can you be a more defensive midfielder than Parker!? The guy sat in front of the defense the whole season. There is a very good reason as to why he hasn't scored a goal for us yet! (apart from his lack of ability in that department).

Freund never scored, and he was there for a lot longer - over a hundred matches.
Reply 2093
Adebayor on his way to signing on an agreed fee. Excellent news. I think we are pretty much complete in strengthening. If Modirc goes, we just need a replacement for him, and maybe a backup player to Bale/Lennon.
Just wonder how far this is going to set back the new stadium.. he surely can't have taken that much of a pay cut? This is Adebayor we're talking about.
Huge wages, I guess no other huge CF signing if this goes through.
Can't believe Spurs are getting Adebayor for £6m. Although you probably offered him a £5m sign on bonus + 120k a week

Looking like Spurs are going to have the same problem as last year with no strength in depth. Decent first XI but very vulnerable to injuries/burnout...
(edited 11 years ago)
In any case, I've got three games lined up for the next month, all away, can't wait to get started.
Original post by Zürich
Can't believe Spurs are getting Adebayor for £6m. Although you probably offered him a £5m sign on bonus + 120k a week

Looking like Spurs are going to have the same problem as last year with no strength in depth. Decent first XI but very vulnerable to injuries/burnout...

From what I've read Ade has taken a massive pay cut to "just" £100k a week. If that's true then a few people on TSR need to re-evaluate their characterisation of him.

I'm not sure we'll have the same problem as last season. For one thing we're not seeing any kind of mass exodus from WHL and yet we're bringing in new people so our squad is growing from that. Secondly, we'll hopefully be getting back Dawson and Huddlestone who were out all of last season. And thirdly, AVB might actually make use of some of the squad we do have while Redknapp very carefully cultivated his favourites and alienated and irritated everyone else.
Reply 2099
Scottish Spur here, so just a part timer!

Anyway, I like the look of the side this season, especially with AVB at the helm. I believe he wasn't given enough time at Chelsea, and Levy seems to be giving him the financial backing to push for the CL spots again. My only worry would be the potential loss of Modric, the wee man is unreal, as shown at the Euros! Moutinho would be a strong replacement, but he could never fully fill the gap.

I feel Gylfi could pose a great replacement for VDV, if he were to leave though. He's an offensive midfielder with a great strike, and a true bargain at what we picked him up for.

Quick Reply

Latest