The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by areebmazhar
I really hope your dog gets better as soon as possible and it's not too serious. I can really empathise as several months ago my dog severed an artery on some glass and I thought he was going to bleed to death. I don't know if you're religious or not but personally I am so I'll pray your dog gets better! Be optmistic :smile::smile:

I'm not, but I appreciate it.
We don't really know how serious it is as we don't know exactly what's wrong, but several days of being ill and not eating and being in lots of pain isn't a good sign. It's the waiting now that's killing me, I need to know.
Original post by Emaemmaemily
We don't really know how serious it is as we don't know exactly what's wrong, but several days of being ill and not eating and being in lots of pain isn't a good sign. It's the waiting now that's killing me, I need to know.

Well I hope it's nothing bad and maybe it's just a short-term illness or something. He's in good hands at least. Keep me updated on what happens

I know how you feel, went through a similar thing a while back with my dog! It is horrible and the worst feeling not knowing whats wrong with them because they are part of the family! But She is in good hands, think positive, it could be just a short term sickness like someone else said! Will be thinking of you!
(edited 11 years ago)
Had a terrible few days (not diet wise, although the issues I've had has meant I haven't exercised).
My dog is ill :frown: like really ill. She hasn't eaten since Wednesday night, and has been to the vets every day since (they have kept her in for tests and possibly a drip today). I've been up every night with her cos she's been in pain (Wed-today), and have no energy at all. I'm really worried, and am now just passing a little time while we wait for a phone call from the vets.

She's a member of the family :frown: It's horrible not knowing

Oh my gosh how scary for you :frown:
My dog was in liver failure two Christmases ago - he's fine now thankfully but I understand how you're feeling :frown:

I really really really hope everything goes well and that she has a speedy recovery!
Original post by amizzle91
I think I am addicted to Boots Shapers popcorn - only 88 calories for quite a big bag :smile: only 2.6g fat and no sat fat and no sugars! Obviously salt is a little high but can't have everything :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Boots do have some good food in their meal deal. Can't argue for £3.29!
Reply 6065
Had a terrible few days (not diet wise, although the issues I've had has meant I haven't exercised).
My dog is ill :frown: like really ill. She hasn't eaten since Wednesday night, and has been to the vets every day since (they have kept her in for tests and possibly a drip today). I've been up every night with her cos she's been in pain (Wed-today), and have no energy at all. I'm really worried, and am now just passing a little time while we wait for a phone call from the vets.

So much love, positive thoughts and hope coming towards yourself, your pup and your family at this horrible time. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: You're a great owner, Vets are amazing, just keep being strong. :jumphug:
blehh all I've done today is eat - got waaay drunk last night. Wanted to go sign up for the gym today as well but I can't drive because I had so much to drink!

Definitely going on Monday night though. definitely definitely definitely.

God I'm hungry.
Original post by The_Goose

Definitely going on Monday night though. definitely definitely definitely.

We're gonna hold you to that :colone:
Original post by Zottula
We're gonna hold you to that :colone:

Please do! I promised myself I'd go today, told my colleagues so they could hold me to account as well. If I didn't think I'd crash my car or get arrested for driving then I would have gone

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Original post by sauce
So much love, positive thoughts and hope coming towards yourself, your pup and your family at this horrible time. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: You're a great owner, Vets are amazing, just keep being strong. :jumphug:

Thanks very much (and everyone else who quoted me, I'm having slight issues quoting people atm).
She's home, and a little more like herself (although still quite poorly). She's finally eaten something, thank god, so we've relaxed a little and are keeping an eye on her.
They're not sure what it is that's wrong because her blood tests and x ray were clear, but at least she's looking a little more like her usual self. Fingers crossed.

Also, I had a nap right after she got home and ate, so don't feel quite as terrible as before. I'm definitely not going to manage any exercise today though.
Reply 6070
Thanks very much (and everyone else who quoted me, I'm having slight issues quoting people atm).
She's home, and a little more like herself (although still quite poorly). She's finally eaten something, thank god, so we've relaxed a little and are keeping an eye on her.
They're not sure what it is that's wrong because her blood tests and x ray were clear, but at least she's looking a little more like her usual self. Fingers crossed.

Also, I had a nap right after she got home and ate, so don't feel quite as terrible as before. I'm definitely not going to manage any exercise today though.

Don't worry about the exercise, so happy to hear she's perkier and here's hoping that she improves further. At least it appears it's nothing major, dogs can catch minor things as well, when my dog gets a dicky tummy in the heat he goes off his food. Glad you're feeling a bit more human too :biggrin:
Original post by The_Goose
Please do! I promised myself I'd go today, told my colleagues so they could hold me to account as well. If I didn't think I'd crash my car or get arrested for driving then I would have gone

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

Ok I will if it helps :smile:. I guess that was a pretty good reason not to go though!

Completed week 5 of couch to 5k and didn't find it too bad. Feeling pretty chuffed at myself.

I hope she gets better soon :frown:

Went out last night, but I do not regret it as I had a cracking night!

Breakfast: porridge

Snack: satsuma

Lunch: omelette and some raspberries and an apple

Snack: peanut butter on toast

Dinner: quorn mince with some pasta sauce, mixed veg and about 25 grams of pasta

I even went to the gym despite being a bit hungover, I stuck to strength training though as I felt dizzy when doing cardio

Had a decent day actually. Had a BBQ for dinner, but didn't go OTT. Got a fair bit of exercise this afternoon, and drinking loads of water. So hopefully today will have kick started a bit of a loss again after the most awful week ever.

Also taking more care with my finances.. cancelled my lottery and health lottery direct debits. At the end of the day, I'm never going to win, and it was costing me over £150 a year altogether which I could use for better things. So feeling better now I've done that. But I can never check the numbers ever again.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Had a decent day actually. Had a BBQ for dinner, but didn't go OTT. Got a fair bit of exercise this afternoon, and drinking loads of water. So hopefully today will have kick started a bit of a loss again after the most awful week ever.

Also taking more care with my finances.. cancelled my lottery and health lottery direct debits. At the end of the day, I'm never going to win, and it was costing me over £150 a year altogether which I could use for better things. So feeling better now I've done that. But I can never check the numbers ever again.

I think I have to sort out my lottery habit - majorly...hit my limit for adding funds this week. :eek4:

I have to get a new car cos mine has a recurring major fault despite spending hundreds replacing things. Need it this week so am spending every moment Im not working 6 day weeks to cram facts about Ford Fiestas 08+ into my head. Also working out how I can repay the money I have to borrow - cannot afford to get an earlier model as already spent so much on a car that is past its good years and I want one for the next 5-10 years.

Think I might have lost though this week as I the heat has helped me keep things in check overall even if I have snacked etc. and get out more. Hoping.

Aaaah life. If only that 100m was in my account, Id have less issues or at least more time to deal with them.
Just thought I'd tell everyone that Bonnie (the dog) is finally seeming much better. It took 4 trips to the vets, sedation, blood tests, xrays, anti inflammatories, a lot of pain killers and a drip... But she seems to have turned a corner (knock on wood). Thank god.

So... Today we are having a lot of family round, so not really any chance to exercise until later evening. I'll probably go for a bike ride fairly late, but at least it'll be something. Bonnie slept on the end of my bed all night (she can finally climb back on again), and I caught up on some of the sleep I lost while up 3 nights in a row looking after her.
I'll hopefully get back on track now. Although on another note, I think I LOOK thinner, especially in my tummy :smile:

Edit: Just letting the negger know that I can see who you are, and WILL revenge neg. I've said nothing bad, and I seriously hate people negging on this thread for no good reason. Enjoy.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm so happy to hear Bonnie (what a cute name!) is feeling better!

Thanks for updating us :smile:

Reply 6077
So glad that Bonnie is okay :smile: It's such a worry when a pet is ill.

Pretty annoyed actually, I've put on a pound. And we have a BBQ today with nothing healthy at all, so I'm gonna have to use a lot of self control today! Sunday's always my weakest day food wise as well, as I get bored easily and just want to eat eat eat.
Good to hear about the dog.

Aaah everyone seems to be having BBQs at the moment. We're having one today as well.
I'm glad Bonnie is okay as well!
xx

Latest