The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Grade acceptance and UoB - Query for applying?

Hi all,

As results day comes closer, the nerves increase! Was wondering, UoB ask for 3 full a level grades. I didnt think about applying to UoB at the time as I thought I wouldnt have a chance, but have thought about it now, and would like to, either in adjustment this year, or possibly next year. I was wondering, would the uni accept 2 full a level grades and 2 AS grades? As my predicted would be around 300 points for this, so around the same as UoB ask for, just in points rather than actual 3 a level grades....?

Thanks
Reply 1
The general entry requirements ask for 3 A-levels, and from my own understanding, that's the important point, not the UCAS points value (which they're getting rid of!). I'm unsure on Birmingham's stance this year, although last year there were no places offered through adjustment or clearing.
Regardless of any number of anecdotes of "my friend had XYZ and got an offer", you won't know for certain on your chances unless you speak to the admissions department directly:

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admissions
Email - [email protected]
Telephone - +44 (0)121 415 8900 or +44 (0)121 414 5488
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by uob
The general entry requirements ask for 3 A-levels, and from my own understanding, that's the important point, not the UCAS points value (which they're getting rid of!). I'm unsure on Birmingham's stance this year, although last year there were no places offered through adjustment or clearing.
Regardless of any number of anecdotes of "my friend had XYZ and got an offer", you won't know for certain on your chances unless you speak to the admissions department directly:

Undergraduate and Postgraduate Admissions
Email - [email protected]
Telephone - +44 (0)121 415 8900 or +44 (0)121 414 5488

Thanks for your response! Put my mind at rest, and will get onto finding out! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending