The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
Its not a very good analogy because lawyers have been fully trained,whilst 16 year olds haven't-the fair analogy is putting the best lawyer up against a random lawyer each time,even though they are the best they wouldn't win anywhere near 100%.

Doctor could be considered 'trained' by his experience. Find a 900 year old Dalek, and they will most likely win much more.

Also, you would be surprised, the better the lawyer, you more you pay, the more you win. The best lawyers will have a very high success rate.
Original post by Alofleicester
Well, you'd still know who'd win. Killing off your main hero doesn't really work for continuing the show.

Besides - the daleks have lost so much because, prior to the re-launch (when they somehow gained the ability to fly :unimpressed:) they were kinda crap. C'mon, you could beat them with staircase.

The daleks could fly at the end of the classic series-who could forget that famous cliffhanger,to Remembrance of the Daleks?
Original post by SirMasterKey
I have BBC 1 on the TV! My life is made! :biggrin:

:woo:

I emailed my Calgary mentor to ask if people watch Doctor Who over there :teehee:

x

:five: on avvys!
The daleks could fly at the end of the classic series-who could forget that famous cliffhanger,to Remembrance of the Daleks?

Which would still make it less than 10 appearances (in terms of stories) since they gained that ability and became slightly harder to defeat than just move up the stairs. Nevertheless, they're still glorified salt and pepper shakers.
Besides, having the doctor lose to the daleks is like having van helsing beaten by Dracula, it just doesn't work, it's not how the show is meant to run.
Reply 7864
Liking reviewers calling the episode the best Dalek episode since Dalek. Dalek was easily my favourite 9th Doctor story!
Watched the first episode of Pond Life, it was short but funny.

Also, I forgot to post this at the time; my birthday cupcakes from a few months ago :h::

They look amazing. :coma:
Reply 7867
Sorry to ask as I'm sure its been posted but theres so much new stuff on this thread to look through as I've been away for a while and just started on the last page. Were do you watch this pond life thing?
Original post by boba
Sorry to ask as I'm sure its been posted but theres so much new stuff on this thread to look through as I've been away for a while and just started on the last page. Were do you watch this pond life thing?

http://www.youtube.com/user/BBC :biggrin:
Reply 7869

thank you :biggrin:. ohh now thats made me want the actual series to start so badly
One question about the iplayer - do the episodes go up pretty much as soon as they finish airing on the tv?

Only kick-off time movement mean I'm gonna be at the football when the first episode is on.
One question about the iplayer - do the episodes go up pretty much as soon as they finish airing on the tv?

Only kick-off time movement mean I'm gonna be at the football when the first episode is on.

Yep. I missed the first 10 minutes of an episode, so decided to wait, and was able to watch it on iPlayer about 10 minutes after it finished on TV. So I'd imagine it's up immediately, if not pretty quickly.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Yep. I missed the first 10 minutes of an episode, so decided to wait, and was able to watch it on iPlayer about 10 minutes after it finished on TV. So I'd imagine it's up immediately, if not pretty quickly.

Excellent, by the time I'm home from the football it should definitely be up then.

Ta very much.

It's usually done within 15 mins of the programme finishing, but there can sometimes be delays for a few hours if you're unlucky. It's usually a prompt service though :h:
Original post by Dan2593
Liking reviewers calling the episode the best Dalek episode since Dalek. Dalek was easily my favourite 9th Doctor story!

The most recent best dalek episode is Victory of the Daleks though-that was awesome:colondollar:At last the daleks had something to be happy about,The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang was a better story but it wasn't really too dalek orientated.

Best Dalek episodes(major appearances,new series):
1.Victory of the Daleks
2.Army of the Ghosts/Doomsday
3.Dalek
4.The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
5.Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
6.Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks
The most recent best dalek episode is Victory of the Daleks though-that was awesome:colondollar:At last the daleks had something to be happy about,The Pandorica Opens/The Big Bang was a better story but it wasn't really too dalek orientated.

Best Dalek episodes(major appearances,new series):
1.Victory of the Daleks
2.Army of the Ghosts/Doomsday
3.Dalek
4.The Stolen Earth/Journey's End
5.Bad Wolf/The Parting of the Ways
6.Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution of the Daleks

Lol. Just lol.
Original post by Feefifofum
Lol. Just lol.

Why are you laughing out loud?Victory of the Daleks was the 8th best Doctor Who story,from Matt Smith's era.
(edited 11 years ago)
It was ****ing terrible. Coloured Daleks, wtf.
Why are you laughing out loud?Victory of the Daleks was the 8th best Doctor Who story,from Matt Smith's era.

Because everyone else I have ever spoken to about it has thought it was a terrible episode and that the Daleks were so completely unthreatening that no-one could take them seriously. They looked like Teletubbies.
Reply 7879
Original post by Feefifofum
Because everyone else I have ever spoken to about it has thought it was a terrible episode and that the Daleks were so completely unthreatening that no-one could take them seriously. They looked like Teletubbies.

If you look at what Teletubbies actually are, they are quite frightening. :tongue:

Latest