The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Could I get into Imperial College??

I am a mug and didn't apply to Imperial this time round, but I am doing a gap year anyway, hopefully with a Civil Engineering firm.

I heard that you needed As in all maths modules, is that true?? (I have 2 79/100s and a C in D1 which I had about 3 lessons in and didnt learn much of)

Other than that my AS grades are AA (physics, chemistry), and an A2 in Maths at A since Im doing further aswell.

So could I get in? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: reworded grades
Reply 1
Look at the entry requirements from the Imperial website. If you satisfy them, then you stand a chance at getting in. Nobody on here can say anything beyond that.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
AAAirz
I heard that you needed As in all maths modules, is that true?? (I have 2 79/100s and a C in D1 which I had about 3 lessons in and didnt learn much of)

So could I get in? Thanks in advance.

Yes, I think Civil Engineering offers have asked for As in all maths modules this year (but not further maths ones - so basically 6 A grades). I *think* retakes are allowed though so you should just do those 3 modules again in June.
Reply 3
Swayum
Yes, I think Civil Engineering offers have asked for As in all maths modules this year (but not further maths ones - so basically 6 A grades). I *think* retakes are allowed though so you should just do those 3 modules again in June.

Ahhh ok, but i was ONE mark of an A in two modules, maybe I won't have to retake those??
Why ask?
They'd be expecting high As, not borderline Bs.

But you may as well try, there's no harm :smile:
Reply 5
iimperial college is a nerdy cock fest and a **** hole
mate try for cambridge its so much more better and have much social people
if you want to do civil then go bristol - its better for civil and you will have a social life and its a great city
and good pussy :P
Reply 6
wazapee
if you want to do civil then go bristol - its better for civil and you will have a social life and its a great city

I applied to cambridge this year (rejected without interview :frown:)

Yeah ill apply for bristol.

I really didn't think about where to apply as I decided to apply to cambridge a few days before the deadline, so I just filled up the choices with places i'd never been to. (and got offers from all 4 of them, none of them appeal to me that much).

Im pretty certain I can get AAAA at A level so I might aswell have a bash at oxford or cambridge again.
Reply 7
AAAirz
I applied to cambridge this year (rejected without interview :frown:)

Yeah ill apply for bristol.

I really didn't think about where to apply as I decided to apply to cambridge a few days before the deadline, so I just filled up the choices with places i'd never been to. (and got offers from all 4 of them, none of them appeal to me that much).

Im pretty certain I can get AAAA at A level so I might aswell have a bash at oxford or cambridge again.

Dont risk oxbridge again. If they reject you agian then you lost a year. Mate come Bristol with me and we can wreck the hot chicks!
Reply 8
wazapee
Dont risk oxbridge again. If they reject you agian then you lost a year. Mate come Bristol with me and we can wreck the hot chicks!

No i've already applied... I don't like any of my choices, and none of them are bristol.

but thanks anyway.
Reply 9
AAAirz
No i've already applied... I don't like any of my choices, and none of them are bristol.

but thanks anyway.

what are your choices
btw bristol is best in uk for civil if i havent said alrady
Reply 10
wazapee
what are your choices
btw bristol is best in uk for civil if i havent said alrady

How? Southampton is better than Bristol at Civil Engineering
Reply 11
Strangely enough, according to RAE, Civil eng is possibly the best researched subject at imperial.
sunspoon
How? Southampton is better than Bristol at Civil Engineering

this. southampton owns when it comes to civ. engineering

wazapee

you are an idiot.
Reply 13
Fandellos
this. southampton owns when it comes to civ. engineering

you are an idiot.

lol I live literally next to Tauntons...
sunspoon
lol I live literally next to Tauntons...

i go to tauntons! you?!
Reply 15
Nah I went to Symonds in Winchester but I'm at Imperial now.
It's only cos I clicked on your profile and it says 'Taunton's College' there...
Reply 16
Now, don't tell anyone about this or I'll get in trouble.

Spoiler

Reply 17
HCD
Now, don't tell anyone about this or I'll get in trouble.

Spoiler

:rolleyes:
I agree. Look into the Imperial College requirements, and see what you need to do. Also, make sure that you have done, or are doing things like extracurricular activites, because if someone else who has similar grades to you has more to offer, it is likely that they will get in instead. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending