The Student Room Group
Yep, you do. It's on your NI Numbercard and also the letter it came with. Be careful, they'll only replace it once.

You can ring a number, check direct.gov and they should tell you/send to out to you.
I'm in exactly the same position as you! Ive lost my NI number and I dont know it off by heart. All I want to know is can you still apply for a student loan without one then include it in the application when I get a replacement?
Reply 3
xLivingXDeadXDolliex
I'm in exactly the same position as you! Ive lost my NI number and I dont know it off by heart. All I want to know is can you still apply for a student loan without one then include it in the application when I get a replacement?

I think you can complete the rest of the application now and then give them your national insurance number at a later date.

Obviously though you won't receive any loan payments until you've given them your NI number, as that's what they use to to collect the repayments from you when you start work.
Reply 4
Cheers for that! It's annoying because they've already approved my loan application and what not and they haven't asked for it! Grrrr!
Reply 5
adilmorrison
Cheers for that! It's annoying because they've already approved my loan application and what not and they haven't asked for it! Grrrr!

I done the same thing last year. I received a letter from the Job Centre to show them my Loan acceptance. They stamped a letter for me, I post said letter to the loans company so that they would and in turn did make the payments to my uni. About 6 weeks later I got my NI number.
Reply 6
I left out my NI number on my loan application as i was waiting for my number to be sent out to me again my loans been accepted but it say payments will be delayed untill i provide my NI number but i cant put it in on the application form HELP!
Reply 7
If you've got a job check on one of your payslips or give the wages department a call and ask them.
Reply 8
I need to update my national insurance number, but can't. I put it in wrong the first time, now it wont let me update it. help!!
Reply 9
i have the same problem, i left it out and now that i know it i cant figure out how to add it on!
Reply 10
thank you!