The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
East Ham
Reply 2
tottenham
Reply 3
If you define "dangerous" as "lost likely to get stabbed or beaten up", then anywhere. It's no more dangerous than if you were to mouth someone off at a bar in any other city.
However, gangs do operate in suburbs. I'm from West London and I can tell you that Hayes is a pretty shady place. 12 people (of a non British ethnicity) kicked down my friends flat door, held a knife to her throat, stabbed her boyfriend and stole his wallet.
All that for a wallet. They had to pay for the damage, too.
Just be wary.
Reply 4
Brixton and Thornton Heath :eek:
You can't label one part of London as the most dangerous. You have the same probability of getting mugged etc.. anywhere in the country or in London. =D
ghanglish
East Ham

:lolwut: East Ham isn't that dangerous
Reply 7
No particular place is as bad as the neighboring 'town'. Everywhere is pretty similair purely because it's so easily accessable to get around (tube, bus, etc). It's the same thing in every large multicultural city. If you have common sense you should be okay.
Reply 8
Brixton, Tottenham, Hackney, Peckham and Deptford are probably the worst.
Reply 9
ILikeTheGame
:lolwut: East Ham isn't that dangerous

Haha probably not. This is just something I've just heard from friends who live there.

Having lived in SW London though, I make an effort to avoid Brixton.
Stratford.
they dont call peckham pecknarm for no reason.
Camden Market- If I go there anytime soon I will become bankrupt and subsequently homeless
ghanglish
Haha probably not. This is just something I've just heard from friends who live there.

Having lived in SW London though, I make an effort to avoid Brixton.

I had to drive through Brixton, One of the scariest moments in my life.
Reply 14
Crazy Paving
Stratford.

No!

But seriously, if you want a breakdown of crime etc check the met crime map. But, as is oft repeated on these threads is the fact that more or less all of london is pretty safe as long as you have some common sense - your stupidity is your own worst enemy (not direct at you Crazy Paving, it is merely a wild generalisation)
darigan
No!

But seriously, if you want a breakdown of crime etc check the met crime map. But, as is oft repeated on these threads is the fact that more or less all of london is pretty safe as long as you have some common sense - your stupidity is your own worst enemy (not direct at you Crazy Paving, it is merely a wild generalisation)

I know and I've never been in a dangerous situation in London as I don't cause trouble and keep out of things. Just saying Stratford or most of East London whenever I've been to it is not a very pleasant area.
Reply 16
Crazy Paving
I know and I've never been in a dangerous situation in London as I don't cause trouble and keep out of things. Just saying Stratford or most of East London whenever I've been to it is not a very pleasant area.

Plenty of little chavvy ***** on the street corners - I'll deff give you that one.
Reply 17
ILikeTheGame
I had to drive through Brixton, One of the scariest moments in my life.

lol me and my brother drove through Hackney once cos we got lost. I saw bullet holes.
Crazy Paving
Stratford.

:yep: Live right next to that trash area :frown:
Reply 19
Barnet, every day is a struggle to keep alive.........................

Latest