The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
The Opposite of Sex starring Christina Ricci (Channel 4)
It's a black comedy and the main idea of the film is that relationships are solely based on sex (try as you may to convince yourself that it's intellectual or emotional or spiritual).

It was ok but nothing mindblowing. Just light entertainment.
Reply 41
War of the worlds
Reply 42
Red Eye
Reply 43
alexander
Pretty much everything that has come out in the past 1-2 months. My favoutites were:
Four Brothers
Longest Yard
40 Y.O. Virgin
P. & P.
Unleashed
Crash
Ciderella Man

Those were the ones I liked enough I might get the DVD's.
wedding for bella. is quite sad/touching in most parts and brought me to tears often... but once its done its kinda a weird movie, but i still like it!
Reply 46
Madagascar

i like to move it,move it... *hums*
Reply 47
Malcom X - fantastic movie! Though it was made in 1992 or so. Denzel Washington made a fine piece of job in it.
Sahara

it's not one of those films you can just switch on and off at (until you get near the end lol) which i found and got totally confused.
Reply 49
Cinema: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (didn't mind it, but not great)

TV: Troy (liked it)
Reply 50
Does Martin Scorsese's No Direction Home count?
If not, then...um...probably Twelve Angry Men, which is quite simply brilliant.
Reply 51
Madelyn
Does Martin Scorsese's No Direction Home count?
If not, then...um...probably Twelve Angry Men, which is quite simply brilliant.

Yes it is. I just watched Revolver. I don't get it
Reply 52
Night of the Living Dead. It was a bit slow to start but it got better. I don't think it's so wonderfully amazing as everyone says though.

The last film I saw in the cinema was Howl's Moving Castle. I thought it was a bit pants, really. The plot deviated wildly from the book and was too random. Maybe the guy who did it (he's famous in the anime world but I forget his name now) should stick to drawing and get someone else to do all the writing from now on :rolleyes:
Reply 53
Demonic Toys (DVD)

So cheesy - I love it.
Reply 54
Cellardore
Sahara

it's not one of those films you can just switch on and off at (until you get near the end lol) which i found and got totally confused.

is it worth watching then?
I actually can't remember...must have been Charlie and The Chocolate Factory I guess- I really want to see P&P but can't afford it until I get payed!
Hero, just now on DVD. :biggrin:
The sisterhood of the travelling pants.....I have a strange liking for american teen movies....mean girls is my favourite though!
Donnie Darko for the....18th time...i just can't not love it :redface: *sigh*
Reply 59
has to be robin hood prince of theives- last night i just love the song.

Latest

Trending

Trending