The Student Room Group

Your Claim to fame!

Scroll to see replies

My mum once ran over Alan Shearer's foot with a pram with me in it. :biggrin:
Reply 81
Apparently the drummer in Jamiroquai went to my school. Wow.

Seen quite a few famous people in London though, best of course being 'The Hoff' at gumball last year.
I've represented England at 4 events in the Olympics. Have also played for the full England side for Rugby and Cricket (Friendlies) .
Trisha Goddard was a customer where my dad used to work.

Someone I was quite close friends with when we were about 8 years old, was an extra in the film Atonement.

A BBC Look East reporter lived in this house before my parents bought it.
Reply 84
I am iron man
Reply 85
Chatted with a (drunken) Nick from My Family :smile:

Also, my parents sat opposite Jedward, who apparently looked like crap
(edited 12 years ago)
Tinie Tempah went to my sixth form St. Francis Xavier
Original post by Miracle Day
Hi TSR,

Do you have a claim to fame?

1. This probably doesn't count but Oliver Cromwell was my ancestor.

2. Aaron Ramsey (Welsh Captain and Arsenal Midfield) went to my school.. I was in year 7 at the time.. if only I knew.. :-(

3. The Funeral Directors on Stella is outside my house, and Ruth Jones was on our portch talking to us.. will be seeing her when they film the next season :biggrin:

Well Gareth Bale and Sam Warbuton went to my school....and in November Sam came back to do a training session with the boys and i was satnding next to him :smug: :P
I pushed Zooey Deschannel's mum's car to get it going when she couldn't get it started. Zooey Deschannel was there as well.

Or at least I'm almost certain it was her, only remembered her name after she left, the whole time I was trying to think were I recognized her from.
Brian May taught maths way back before Queen in my secondary school.
My uncle played for Simba fc and Tanzania national team, he later on became an established businessman in TZ.
My friend played a girl called Christmas in an episode of Ultimate Force.
Nick Clegg has visited my sixth form for a tour for his son.
Boris Johnson came to my secondary school in the lead up to the mayoral elections.
Reply 90
My great great grandmother and Steve Mcqueen's grandmother were sisters.

And my brothers mate's dad is the fat guy off of The Real Hustle.

EDIT: have also met Kevin keegan (I say met, I got his autograph) and I went to primary school with the nephew and neic e of Billy Davies.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Rock_and_roll
My great Aunt used to be friends with the dad of Robbie Williams ¬¬

I've also had a short chat with Joey Barton; a surprisingly nice guy.

I've appeared in a video with Robbie Williams.
Reply 92
My dad went to school with Eddie Izzard. He has a school photo with both of them in it which is pretty cool.

My best friend's cousin is friends with Hugh Laurie's son and she's been skiing with him. I was very jealous of that!
Reply 93
I don't really have anything to attribute my name to, but my Dad is very involved in the International music scene so I've met and dined with a lot of big people through that including Darrin Mooney from Primal Scream, Rick Drumm (ironically an excellent Jazz drummer) from D'Addario & Company, Frank Catalano (most feminine voice ever award goes to this guy) and the founder of Sax.co.uk (biggest UK sax retailer) used to be in my Dad's band.
Reply 94
Jude Law is my dads cousin
My second cousin used to compete in the olympics (horse riding)
John Taylor, bass player for Duran Duran, once asked my mum to dance in a club and she said no
James and Oliver Phelps went to my school
My nan knows Noddy Holder
My friend's husband used to live in the house where Fred and Rose West killed their daughter, is it the same one??
Reply 97
calvin harris went to my school
Reply 98
1) I've met Anthea Turner (when I was about 7).
2) I've been to the same swimming baths as Mr Motivator!!!!
3) I've been in my local paper.
4) Both Stephen Twigg MP and the guy who played Fagin in the film 'Oliver!' (I believe) went to my secondary school.
5) I took part in a discussion on Radio 4 a few months ago!
Reply 99
When I was six my auntie took me to Venice on the Orient Express. The only other child on board was Francis Ford Coppola's (director of The Godfather) grand-daughter who was travelling with her grandfater. He wanted to work in his cabin so sent the steward to find a child for her to play with. I was that child. On the same trip I was also mistaken by an American woman for Princess Beatrice (WTF??)

My dad's been on the news and in the papers a few times. He's met Prince Charles through his work.

My brother went to the same school as Geoff Hoon, Ken Clarke and Ed Balls. Oh and also D.H. Lawrence.

Quick Reply