The Student Room Group
University of Northampton
Northampton
Visit website

Anyone applied to Northampton?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've recieved conditional offers for English and English joint with Criminology (hoping to change to creative writing when I start in September since I made the mistake with my ucas!) of a C in English and one other subject and 260- 280 points.. so excited! I currently live around Nottingham but fell in love with Northampton on an open day last summer.. I cannot wait to start! Where else are you applying? :biggrin:
Northampton
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by jemmaa!
I've recieved conditional offers for English and English joint with Criminology (hoping to change to creative writing when I start in September since I made the mistake with my ucas!) of a C in English and one other subject and 260- 280 points.. so excited! I currently live around Nottingham but fell in love with Northampton on an open day last summer.. I cannot wait to start! Where else are you applying? :biggrin:

Finally! Someone else who wants to do english and creative writing there! I've now firmed my place there and made english there as my insurance.

Hopefully see you there in September! :biggrin:

I also applied for UWIC, Cardiff and Bedfordshire. :]
Reply 22
Original post by echeee
Finally! Someone else who wants to do english and creative writing there! I've now firmed my place there and made english there as my insurance.

Hopefully see you there in September! :biggrin:

I also applied for UWIC, Cardiff and Bedfordshire. :]

So excited! I've only heard back from Northampton so far but I'm pretty sure both courses are going to be my firm and insurance unless Sheffield comes through.. Then that'll be my insurance :smile: hopefully see you there! Have you been to an open day at all yet?
Reply 23
Original post by jemmaa!
So excited! I've only heard back from Northampton so far but I'm pretty sure both courses are going to be my firm and insurance unless Sheffield comes through.. Then that'll be my insurance :smile: hopefully see you there! Have you been to an open day at all yet?

Ahh good luck :]

Nope. Im going to one in March though, if I can get the money together :] What about you?
Reply 24
Original post by echeee
Ahh good luck :]

Nope. Im going to one in March though, if I can get the money together :] What about you?

I went in November, it's so beautiful! The Avenue campus (where English is based) is quite small compared to Park but it's lovely! If you have the time go into the union bar, it's just at the side of the car park. The food is quite cheap and have a chat with the bar staff (all students!) about the course you want to do. Made me fall in love with the place! :biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by jemmaa!
I went in November, it's so beautiful! The Avenue campus (where English is based) is quite small compared to Park but it's lovely! If you have the time go into the union bar, it's just at the side of the car park. The food is quite cheap and have a chat with the bar staff (all students!) about the course you want to do. Made me fall in love with the place! :biggrin:

I've heard that about Avenue Campus, I thought I might applied to Park Campus to live and commute to Avenue (If it's not too far!)
It's good to hear postive feedback about the building. I'm very excited now ahha :biggrin:
Reply 26
Have you already applied for your accommodation? I didn't know we could do that! oh! I'm very excited to go, got an offer from Leeds yesterday afternoon but i've decided against going there now!
Reply 27
got an interview from northampton next wednesday for interior design, SOOO nervous, any advice would be appreciated...thank you so much!:smile:
I've got an offer to do Psychology :smile: It's my insurance choice :biggrin:
I applied for Computing at Nottingham, although it must be said it isn't my main choice. One advantage I will have is that I'll have some family nearby.
Reply 30
Original post by The_master616
I applied for Computing at Nottingham, although it must be said it isn't my main choice. One advantage I will have is that I'll have some family nearby.

Where is nearby? :smile:
Original post by jemmaa!
Where is nearby? :smile:

I meant Northampton. Damn lack of sleep.... But yes, i shall have various Aunt and Uncles pottering nearby. Ahem.
Northampton is most likely going to be my firm unless SHU offer me something, but that's gonna be a fair long time yet :frown:
Reply 33
Original post by lesscommon
got an interview from northampton next wednesday for interior design, SOOO nervous, any advice would be appreciated...thank you so much!:smile:

How did it go? :biggrin:

Original post by The_master616
I meant Northampton. Damn lack of sleep.... But yes, i shall have various Aunt and Uncles pottering nearby. Ahem.

Great places to unload your washing to then? :tongue:

I've put Northampton as my firm now. :wink:

Anyone going to the open day in March? Or am I on my own, haha.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by echeee

Haha... I'm mainly going to use the opportunity (if I go to Northampton) to scrounge free meals and possibly their sky box for Formula One. The washing I can do myself.

As for the open day, I went last year and it isn't all that.
Reply 35
Original post by echeee

Original post by echeee
How did it go? :biggrin:

it went well thanks:smile: they offered me a place, need to wait for them to update it on ucas though:3
Reply 36
Original post by lesscommon
it went well thanks:smile: they offered me a place, need to wait for them to update it on ucas though:3

Well done :biggrin: You going to make it a firm/insurance or not? :tongue:
Reply 37
I'm applying for Northampton- Media Production.
Have to record my interview and send it to them which is slightly surreal in my opinion. Andddd I was wanting a possible face to face interview as an excuse to visit the place again.

Love Northampton- a really nice town compared to where I'm from.
Oh I do hope I get an offer the course seems perfect for me :biggrin:

Any of you like the accommodation on halls if you've been to an open day; I didn't really pay attention to halls when I went on the open day don't remember why though?
Reply 38
Original post by jemmaa!
Have you already applied for your accommodation? I didn't know we could do that! oh! I'm very excited to go, got an offer from Leeds yesterday afternoon but i've decided against going there now!

Oops. Just saw this. No, I think accomodation opens up in May, but I think you apply to both campus' to live. :smile:
Well I got a conditional offer from Northampton to do Computing. Gotta get a DMM in my Extended Diploma which by my calculations I have already. Job done.

Quick Reply

Latest