The Student Room Group

What's the worst film you've ever seen?

I've seen a lot of 'favourite film' and 'most anticipated film' questions on here, but i think asking what the worst film someone has seen is a much more interesting question.
Personally i'd have to say 'The Goonies' and 'Sex and the city'.
Disclaimer: Although i watched the latter to the end i was brain dead by minute four, so have no recollection of any detail after that point :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

“The Human Centipede 2”. I managed to sneak a watch of the real uncut version out of sick curiosity. I don’t mind gore whatsoever if it furthers the story in a way, but this was simply spiteful, nasty, and inane. I’ve never honestly wanted to heave while watching a horror film. The pregnancy lady’s child, what happens to the villain’s pet, the doctor. . . ugh! Useful gore is supposed to scare you, it didn’t scare me though I was just confused.

The film couldn’t be redeemed with a decent story either. The smallest things didn’t make sense men working at tollbooths aren’t given guns, the police don’t have guns in London you idiots. The characters are given such little individual time that I can’t sympathise with their suffering, because they’re just cardboard cut-outs. Writer, watch the original “The Haunting”, “A Nightmare on Elm Street”, or “Alien” to see a real horror film.
Disaster Movie. Terrible
The Spirit, hands down.
Lesbian Vampire Killers.
Meet The Spartans. Decided to watch it with the family for a movie night thing. I laughed harder at The Devil Inside than I did at this pitiful excuse for a comedy. Oh, and The Devil Inside is pretty terrible too by the way.
Reply 6
Original post by tehforum
The Room.

Nuff said.

NOOOOO how could you not enjoy the ****ness of that film?! That is a work of genius (/incredible moronicness)

My favourite part had to be where they all got changed into suits for no reason, went outside to play football...then that guy fell over in a dramatic fashion....end scene.

'YOU ARE TEARING ME APART LISA!'
Reply 7
Also film I probably enjoyed least was Black Swan (cue negs) - I just didn't relate to Natalie Portman's character at all and then just ended up not really caring and finding the whole thing over-dramatic and irritating. And as someone who lost their fingernail in a very unfortunate accident with a blender the fingernaily bit really REALLY got to me.
****test film I have seen...Vampire Girl v. Frankenstein Girl or Shrooms.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
Twilight.
Reply 9
Ninja Terminator:

The whole film for your viewing pleasure. Imho, it's actually worse than The Room.
Reply 10
Disaster Movie, Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Vampires Suck were all equally terrible IMO. Just terrible, forced comedy with no real jokes or storyline.
Reply 11
Where the wilds things are.. (If that's what its actually called?)
Absolute nonsense! The boy runs off for what seems like 20mins yet he lives in a weird forestry world with talking monsters for like 4 years! SO WEIRD!
Reply 12
Daybreakers, Contagion, Butterfly Effect 2 (1 is good though). :smile:
Reply 13
Epic Movie - Not even funny at all
Reply 14
Original post by WiccanRavenclaw
Anchorman. That's two hours of my life I'll never get back.

And I hear they're making a sequel. Dear God.

I watched Anchorman for the first time last night and thought it was pretty good!
Reply 15
the adventures of lava boy and shark girl

if anyone has seen the part where the girl says "I am light!" and then her tooth shines will feel my pain
Reply 16
Original post by tehforum
The Room.

Nuff said.

What a story Mark
Reply 17
burn after reading is terrible! literally no plot whatsoever..only good part was brad pitt and he got killed
Original post by Hollie2205
Where the wilds things are.. (If that's what its actually called?)
Absolute nonsense! The boy runs off for what seems like 20mins yet he lives in a weird forestry world with talking monsters for like 4 years! SO WEIRD!

You're soulless. :unimpressed:
How can you say such things....
Reply 19
Original post by MrTwist
I've seen a lot of 'favourite film' and 'most anticipated film' questions on here, but i think asking what the worst film someone has seen is a much more interesting question.
Personally i'd have to say 'The Goonies' and 'Sex and the city'.
Disclaimer: Although i watched the latter to the end i was brain dead by minute four, so have no recollection of any detail after that point :s-smilie:

How in the **** did you not like the goonies? It's Cinema gold and could have won Oscars.

How is that not awesome?

With regards to worst film, I'd say Skyline. For such an epic trailer the rest of the film was just awful. I get better entertainment listening to my neighbors argue over the correct way to mow the lawn, and that happens every 5 weeks:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending