The Student Room Group

I won't be able to have kids/get married. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Come to Glasgow, seriously you want to see some of the goblins knocking about with girlfriends and spouses up here :smile:
Reply 81
Original post by Anonymous
She was very lucky. How many hideous undateable women have actually made it in life? Exactly.

Plus I lack the talent, and I have a C in GCSE maths so I'll never get a good job.

Wait....you are saying that Susan Boyle is hideous?! well no wonder you have a problem. Susan Boyle- even pre fix-up- was not hideous. She had/has a perfectly pleasant face. If that is what you see as hideous than whoever tossed "dysmorphic" into the conversation had the right idea.
Reply 82
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I don't think it was wasted to be honest. There are quite a lot of genuine people with this problem, me included, so even if your post didn't really benefit the OP, at least it benefited some other people :yy:

ok well that's good to hear (read)
Reply 83
I am ugly. I don't deserve to live a happy and fulfilling life, nor do I deserve to live period.
Reply 84
Just save up for a while and get head to toe plastic surgery.
Seriously, I thought the same about myself. I know for a fact that I'm not good-looking or pretty and I've been told by numerous people before that it's true, so I just lowered my standards loads and figured that I would never ever meet someone who I would love and who would love me back. I kind of assumed that I wouldn't ever get married or have kids and both were so important to me.

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it - I know for definite that I'm ridiculously ugly, but I know that my personality isn't too bad.

And out of the blue I met my boyfriend and he's so lovely. I still don't know what he sees in me or how he can get past my looks, but somehow he thinks I'm the most beautiful girl he knows and I know that he adores me. I just didn't expect anything like this to happen. Now we dream of the future and our lives with kids and marriage and I honestly never thought it would happen. I just can't believe that the one guy who I truly really liked, liked me back and from then on, the rest is history.

Just hang in there - I'm sure there will be someone out there who is perfect for you. I know you don't want to hear that but it's true. If I can find someone, so can you.

And btw, I was in the same situation when I was 17 - as in, a virgin, never been kissed, never been asked out. So yeah, you just have to wait for the right guy to come along and want to change that with you, haha :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Midnight-Sky-Blue
Seriously, I thought the same about myself. I know for a fact that I'm not good-looking or pretty and I've been told by numerous people before that it's true, so I just lowered my standards loads and figured that I would never ever meet someone who I would love and who would love me back. I kind of assumed that I wouldn't ever get married or have kids and both were so important to me.

I'm not just saying this for the sake of it - I know for definite that I'm ridiculously ugly, but I know that my personality isn't too bad.

And out of the blue I met my boyfriend and he's so lovely. I still don't know what he sees in me or how he can get past my looks, but somehow he thinks I'm the most beautiful girl he knows and I know that he adores me. I just didn't expect anything like this to happen. Now we dream of the future and our lives with kids and marriage and I honestly never thought it would happen. I just can't believe that the one guy who I truly really liked, liked me back and from then on, the rest is history.

Just hang in there - I'm sure there will be someone out there who is perfect for you. I know you don't want to hear that but it's true. If I can find someone, so can you.

And btw, I was in the same situation when I was 17 - as in, a virgin, never been kissed, never been asked out. So yeah, you just have to wait for the right guy to come along and want to change that with you, haha :smile:

That's very nice but I must be uglier than you. Hearing that makes me feel worse because clearly, you lost your virginity at 18.
I'm 18 years old, still single, never had a boyfriend, still a virgin never been kissed etc. I am extremely and repulsively ugly. I have been told this by people at school and I am 100% sure this is true. Call me insecure, but only people who look like me are very insecure with themselves.

All you need to do is get on with your life and eventually you'll meet somebody who doesn't care about physical appearance. It's important that you stop putting yourself down and wallowing in self pity though, because doing so conceals your real personality and makes you seem self-obsessed. Non-shallow people do exist and you'll stumble upon one eventually, just make sure that when you do you don't let your insecurity get in the way of you getting to know each other.
Reply 88
Original post by Torpedo Fish
All you need to do is get on with your life and eventually you'll meet somebody who doesn't care about physical appearance. It's important that you stop putting yourself down and wallowing in self pity though, because doing so conceals your real personality and makes you seem self-obsessed. Non-shallow people do exist and you'll stumble upon one eventually, just make sure that when you do you don't let your insecurity get in the way of you getting to know each other.

OK, so you're saying I should accept the fact that I'm ugly and will never be physically beautiful no matter how hard I try?
I am ugly. I don't deserve to live a happy and fulfilling life, nor do I deserve to live period.

Are you seriously suggesting that what an individual deserves should be based on aesthetic features over which they have no control? You really need to get over this obsession over appearance, it really need not matter. Somebody who is considered conventionally beautiful now, won't be in 20 years or so. 'Beauty' is transient, fleeting and inconsequential. What's more, it tends to attract superficial, shallow people who take what they want from you and then move on to their next victim. Is this the kind of person you want to attract?

If you are a kind, caring, genuine person as you claim, you WILL meet somebody who recognizes that fact and they WILL be attracted to you. More importantly, they are likely to be the kind of person worth spending your life and starting a family with.
Reply 90
If you dont accept yourself for who you are, how will you expect others to?
Reply 91
It's probably already been said but:

Pics or GTFO.
Original post by Bella_trixxx
ISA, is that you?

No.
Reply 93
Original post by (:Becca(:
uglypeopleproblems.tumblr.com

Why did you do rubbish at A Level when you got amazing GCSE results?
Reply 94
Original post by im so academic
No.

Seems legit.
I just want to see what you look like now. Also, do you like cats?
Reply 96

If you don't want a live period you can record it and watch it back later?
Though why anyone would want to watch their period I do not know...
I have come to the conclusion that I am the ugliest woman in the world. The women on Jeremy Kyle are more beautiful than me or else how did they manage to have kids?

I could enter the Guinness World Book of Records for being the world's most repulsive looking woman.

I disagree with you. It's ME that is the most ugliest woman in the world.
Original post by Hello:D
Awwwww come on now. No need to be so harsh on yourself.

I'd rather be with a girl who was ugly, but had an amazing personality like you described, instead of some one who was gorgeous, but but a complete bitch

I'm sure you'll find someone :smile:

But you'd rather be with someone who has gorgeous AND has an amazing personality.
OK, so you're saying I should accept the fact that I'm ugly and will never be physically beautiful no matter how hard I try?

'Beauty' and 'ugliness' are subjective terms, so no, that's not really what I meant. What I did mean is that you need to stop labeling yourself as 'ugly' and accept that you'll be attractive to some people and not others.

There was this girl at my school who was thought by many at the time to be the most 'attractive' girl in my year. I, however, found her repulsive. She used to have this vile smirk plastered across her face whenever she'd make spiteful comments about others. Nastiness such as this is far more repulsive to me than any physical trait could possibly be. She had loads of boyfriends, all of which used her then dumped her when they had got what they want. Is that the kind of person you'd like to be? Is that what would make you happy?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending