The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

So who else is staying at Atlantic Point in Liverpool?

I am! :biggrin: First year!

Any tips from people who have lived there already?
Reply 1
I'd also like to know this :lol:
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Doctor.
I'd also like to know this :lol:

Haha :biggrin:
Reply 3
I'd like to know when we get to know our rooms. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by AMG44
I'd like to know when we get to know our rooms. :tongue:

Me toooo!!
We are not issuing room numbers yet, this is because we are currently having a refurbishment with some flats. You will receive an email the second week in August with details of everything you need to know about your accommodation including start date and room number.

Quoted from the head of admissions from atlantic point =)
Reply 6
I'm moving into Atlantic Point too.. Can't wait hopefully I get nice roomates
Reply 7
Original post by Alag92
I'm moving into Atlantic Point too.. Can't wait hopefully I get nice roomates

This is what we all want lol :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Revengancex

Great! A 2 month wait! Thanks for the info :smile:
Reply 9
I've just changed course and will be staying here now instead. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Kittencat
I've just changed course and will be staying here now instead. :smile:

Cool :smile:
Reply 11
I am also staying there hopefullyy . Doing sports science :cool:
Original post by Revengancex

Refurbishment my arse. They are either too busy dealing with all the foreign students who've just arrived for the summer or they simply cannot be bothered. I still live here and really, I've had to annoy them for things. For starters they had a buy-back scheme in order to accomodate a summer school from malaysia. Five of my flatmates wanted to move out and get rent back, but I didn't want to. Initially they agreed I could stay in the room for the remainder of my tenancy, but on the 22nd May, they rang me up and offered me two weeks rent to move flats.

The condition was I had to go the next day (24hrs to move all my stuff!) first they said they'd get someone to help me but no-one arrived. And then when I went to ask about the money, they said it would take 7 days. I was okay with that until I asked a second time...."Oh it'll be seven days."....Then the third time "We'll let you know when the cheque is ready for you to pick up". But no call came. It came to it that my mother came with me to complain and they fussed around with each other (the guy on the desk and the manager) "Oh the cheque should be in the drawer"....but it wasn't. So in the end she refunded the two weeks rent back onto my debit card (which she could have done in the first place.) I think they were hoping I'd forget about it and not say anything.

Ok so, Atlantic Point. Report anything and everything (damages and things that don't work). Photocopy the Inventory form they give you to fill out at the start (You might need it come the end when you want to move out).

Make sure you are there when they are inspecting so you can dispute anything they "find". Quite a few people have been charged for ridiculous things (untidy floor when people are still living there) .

The rooms and flats themselves are pretty much ok (although the shower fans can be a bit annoying sometimes). The security are also pretty decent.
Reply 13
dangermouse00 is AP in a good location for walking to town for a night out or is a tad too far?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by dangermouse00
Refurbishment my arse. They are either too busy dealing with all the foreign students who've just arrived for the summer or they simply cannot be bothered. I still live here and really, I've had to annoy them for things. For starters they had a buy-back scheme in order to accomodate a summer school from malaysia. Five of my flatmates wanted to move out and get rent back, but I didn't want to. Initially they agreed I could stay in the room for the remainder of my tenancy, but on the 22nd May, they rang me up and offered me two weeks rent to move flats.

The condition was I had to go the next day (24hrs to move all my stuff!) first they said they'd get someone to help me but no-one arrived. And then when I went to ask about the money, they said it would take 7 days. I was okay with that until I asked a second time...."Oh it'll be seven days."....Then the third time "We'll let you know when the cheque is ready for you to pick up". But no call came. It came to it that my mother came with me to complain and they fussed around with each other (the guy on the desk and the manager) "Oh the cheque should be in the drawer"....but it wasn't. So in the end she refunded the two weeks rent back onto my debit card (which she could have done in the first place.) I think they were hoping I'd forget about it and not say anything.

Ok so, Atlantic Point. Report anything and everything (damages and things that don't work). Photocopy the Inventory form they give you to fill out at the start (You might need it come the end when you want to move out).

Make sure you are there when they are inspecting so you can dispute anything they "find". Quite a few people have been charged for ridiculous things (untidy floor when people are still living there) .

The rooms and flats themselves are pretty much ok (although the shower fans can be a bit annoying sometimes). The security are also pretty decent.

I had much the same experience when I was living there. The staff there are dodgy as ****. Last year we had an ant infestation which they refused to do anything about...until I made clear that I was going to call environmental health there and then. Suddenly a pest exterminator was being called.

For the price of a single room in Atlantic Point you can get a double room in Marybone Phase 2.
Reply 15
Hi guys!
I went to Hope uni last year then I dropped out (welfare there was awful also) I had a terrible time and by February left! Starting LJMU this Sept and cant wait to move into Atlantic Point!!
I went to view them today and they look great!!
My name is Kieran, hope to see you there!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending