The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2013 GET ON IT EARLY!!!

Scroll to see replies

White and Case PFO...FINALLY!! Was beginning to think they'd forgotten about me.

Is there any recent news on DWF? It seems to have all gone quiet. I've heard of both ACs and PFOs for them but they seem to be another one giving me the silent treatment...
Original post by TC_or_not_TC
White and Case PFO...FINALLY!! Was beginning to think they'd forgotten about me.

Is there any recent news on DWF? It seems to have all gone quiet. I've heard of both ACs and PFOs for them but they seem to be another one giving me the silent treatment...

I and a few other people I know have interviews with DWF in May - also know one or two people who've had PFOs.
Reply 4982
Original post by Jessica_T
I and a few other people I know have interviews with DWF in May - also know one or two people who've had PFOs.

I have DWF at the end of this month, hoping for some good luck for a change.
Original post by Faireydr
I have DWF at the end of this month, hoping for some good luck for a change.

Hello :smile: Congrats on the interview! May I ask where your interview is? I have Birmingham this Friday, just trying to prepare as much as possible but a little nervous :smile: x
Anyone else out there who received Weightmans VS offer?
Just been having a little peruse through accountancy application threads and other grad scheme application threads and gonna make the bold statement that I think law people are probably the nicest and most supportive group of people on TSR. Only once have I ever seen this massive thread devolve into sniping - their threads are all full of bitter comments, ill-wishes and criticism!

Frankly, I say well done everyone on here for keeping this thread supportive, informative and positive :smile: And good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Finally received some good news, with an in-house placement. At least my summer wont be empty now. :smile:
Original post by adam1992
Finally received some good news, with an in-house placement. At least my summer wont be empty now. :smile:

That's great :smile: How did you come by that, if you don't mind my asking?
Original post by flaresamc
That's great :smile: How did you come by that, if you don't mind my asking?

Thanks, If I'm brutally honest it was a mixture of having done some work for the company last summer and family connections. I like to think it was the work I did last year that swayed it but I expect others will disagree.
Original post by adam1992
Thanks, If I'm brutally honest it was a mixture of having done some work for the company last summer and family connections. I like to think it was the work I did last year that swayed it but I expect others will disagree.

Either way they still offered it you which is good, and if you were terrible I'm sure they wouldn't have :wink: most of my experience from before Uni was due to family connections, then as they liked me they kept inviting me back, leading to a four-week placement when I was providing summer cover for solicitors. So there's nothing wrong with connections :P
has anyone heard from ward hadaway after the testing centre?
Reply 4991
Original post by Olivia_Georgina
Hello :smile: Congrats on the interview! May I ask where your interview is? I have Birmingham this Friday, just trying to prepare as much as possible but a little nervous :smile: x

Mine is in Leeds one the 30th, had two interviews before this but not doing very well. Good luck :smile:
Gateley VS offer for Bham :biggrin:
Gateley vac scheme for London
Reply 4994
Gateley VS offer for Bham :biggrin:

Congrats, how did they let you know?
Original post by LMT03
Congrats, how did they let you know?

Thank you :smile: Which office did you apply for, and which AC day did you go to?
They e-mailed me early afternoon. I then had to ring them and confirm my attendance and chose the dates I wanted.
Reply 4996
Thank you :smile: Which office did you apply for, and which AC day did you go to?
They e-mailed me early afternoon. I then had to ring them and confirm my attendance and chose the dates I wanted.

I applied for the Bham office and went to the first assessment day which was on the Monday, but didn't get any emails today. Looks like a rejection though:s-smilie:
Original post by LMT03
I applied for the Bham office and went to the first assessment day which was on the Monday, but didn't get any emails today. Looks like a rejection though:s-smilie:

Well you never know. My AC was on Wednesday but I made a point of saying at interview that I could only do one set of dates due to other ACs etc., so they may have made a point of checking my marks from the AC early on.
Reply 4998
Well you never know. My AC was on Wednesday but I made a point of saying at interview that I could only do one set of dates due to other ACs etc., so they may have made a point of checking my marks from the AC early on.

finger crossed mate. :smile: Good Luck with the vacation scheme though!!
Am waiting for a response from Gateley, but it appears to be bad news as some offers have already been made. Can't see why they would stagger offers for vacation scheme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending