The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA4 18th June 2012!

Hello everyone,

Thought I should make this thread nice and early for the exam which is on Monday 18th June 2012 at 9:00am.

The PSYA3 thread was a great success especially for post-exam discussion, and I would like to follow on from that with this for the final Psychology exam!

Thanks to Mephestic for creating the PSYA3 thread. :smile:

Which topics are you guys doing if you already know?

I'm doing: Addictive Behaviour, Depression and Research Methods.

You may discuss.

Good luck! :dance:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
MashaAllah brother. :teehee:
(edited 12 years ago)
Ah, Schizophrenia, Media Psychology and Research Methods. Start Schizophrenia on monday :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Hogwartz
MashaAllah brother. :teehee:

No problem. :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
Ah, Schizophrenia, Media Psychology and Research Methods. Start Schizophrenia on monday :biggrin:

Oh fun stuff! That topic sounds quite interesting.

We shall be starting Addiction on monday. :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Heyimdec
No problem. :tongue:

I'll keep this thread alive for you. :smile:
Okay which topics are you doing in school?
My class wants to do schizophrenia, but i'm afraid this may be slightly difficult.

I'm doing: Addictive Behaviour, Depression and Research Methods.

Same! We're also designing and carrying out our own experiment as a sort of side project to help us with Research Methods.
Reply 7
I'll keep this thread alive for you. :smile:
Okay which topics are you doing in school?
My class wants to do schizophrenia, but i'm afraid this may be slightly difficult.

Thankyou kind sir, I'm sure it will get busier closer to the exam. :smile:
I am doing Addiction, Depression and Research Methods.

You should do Schizophrenia, it sounds interesting! I don't get the choice. :frown:
Reply 8
Original post by should be revising
Same! We're also designing and carrying out our own experiment as a sort of side project to help us with Research Methods.

Brilliant, we'll be able to see how each other are getting on. :smile:
I'm hoping the research methods will just be a continuation of those learnt during PSYA1/2, but I've had a look through my text book and there is a few extra things like stastical tests.
Reply 9
Thankyou kind sir, I'm sure it will get busier closer to the exam. :smile:
I am doing Addiction, Depression and Research Methods.

You should do Schizophrenia, it sounds interesting! I don't get the choice. :frown:

*madam :colondollar: Do i sound like a male?

We all are making the choice as a class, we still haven't made the decision yet, we are very behind indeed. :yep:
I think depression is something i would be interested in, research methods is such a bore :dry:
Reply 10
eek doing media psychology, phobias - is that additive behaviour and research methods! scary how fast june will come round!
Brilliant, we'll be able to see how each other are getting on. :smile:

Hopefully! But with my woeful organisation don't be surprised if I go missing for 6 months and return to this thread on June 17th stressing like crazy! :tongue:

I'm hoping the research methods will just be a continuation of those learnt during PSYA1/2, but I've had a look through my text book and there is a few extra things like stastical tests.

Like Spearman's Rho/Rank? We did a little bit on statistical tests after exams at the end of year 12, so hopefully I've got a head start. :biggrin:
Oh fun stuff! That topic sounds quite interesting.

We shall be starting Addiction on monday. :biggrin:

Yeah I hope it will be :biggrin: Addiction also sounds interesting :biggrin: research methods is blegh though, probs.
Reply 13
Yeah I hope it will be :biggrin: Addiction also sounds interesting :biggrin: research methods is blegh though, probs.

You're doing shizophrenia, how do you find it? And which topics do you recommend?
Reply 14
*madam :colondollar: Do i sound like a male?

We all are making the choice as a class, we still haven't made the decision yet, we are very behind indeed. :yep:
I think depression is something i would be interested in, research methods is such a bore :dry:

I do apologise, you never can quite tell on the internet. I am sorry. :colondollar:
Depression does look interesting, and according to my text book, there are only 5 essays to learn! Seems like an obvious choice to me. :tongue:

Original post by should be revising
Hopefully! But with my woeful organisation don't be surprised if I go missing for 6 months and return to this thread on June 17th stressing like crazy! :tongue:

Like Spearman's Rho/Rank? We did a little bit on statistical tests after exams at the end of year 12, so hopefully I've got a head start. :biggrin:

Haha, I'll have to keep reminding you to check the thread every so often. :smile:
Yeah, those are a few of them. That's good that you've had a head start, I've done some of them in AS Geography and Biology too, so we should be absolutely fine. :smile:
Reply 15

Yeah, it should be alright though as most of it is a continuation from AS. Let me know how you get on! :smile:
Reply 16
I do apologise, you never can quite tell on the internet. I am sorry. :colondollar:
Depression does look interesting, and according to my text book, there are only 5 essays to learn! Seems like an obvious choice to me. :tongue:

You can tell on internet :yep: As there is a gender symbol near my username, eithe pink or blue which will indicate my sex.
Okay, so depression is the one i will be fighting for in the class, another other suggestions ?
So we are sort of allowed a choice but my teacher is only teaching depression and I took psychology for 2 years because I knew I wanted to do schizophrenia in Year 13 but I have to do it in my own time like while the rest of my class are doing depression. Do you think I should do that or just go with depression ?
Reply 18
You can tell on internet :yep: As there is a gender symbol near my username, eithe pink or blue which will indicate my sex.
Okay, so depression is the one i will be fighting for in the class, another other suggestions ?

Once again, I can only apologise. :angelblush:
Not sure about a second topic, do you have a textbook to look through?
Reply 19
Original post by bemydetonator
So we are sort of allowed a choice but my teacher is only teaching depression and I took psychology for 2 years because I knew I wanted to do schizophrenia in Year 13 but I have to do it in my own time like while the rest of my class are doing depression. Do you think I should do that or just go with depression ?

I'd go with what the rest of your class are learning, unless you feel absolutely confident that you could learn Schizophrenia alone. It's a tough one, you might not recieve as much support from your teacher if you do Schizophrenia. I'm sure you'll make the right decision though. :smile:

Quick Reply