The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212 (Molecules, Biodiversity, Food and Health)- 21st May 2012

Hi felloe candidates who will be doing this module in 21 May 2012. Didn't see a thread on this so decided to become useful and made one! crack on guys. share knowledge, ask questions discuss techniques.:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Heya :biggrin: I think most people were discussing this exam in the Jan thread but having a nice new thread does no harm :P
Reply 2
I heard from someone that jan biology exam was so hard concentrating on the unnecessary details, and apparently they changed the exam to be more focusing on the application rather than information...do you think this is true? And if so, do you think may exam will be like jan ones as well? Really worried now :frown:
Reply 3
i think for jan exams they usually use them to fiddle around a little to see how different techniques come across.
( according to my teacher)
I really hope they do not do the same thing for may.
Reply 4
Original post by Giggy88
i think for jan exams they usually use them to fiddle around a little to see how different techniques come across.
( according to my teacher)
I really hope they do not do the same thing for may.

let's hope so :smile:
I'll be on all of the OCR Science threads aha :P How is everyone finding this topic? I like the Food and Health side of it, just a lot to memorise. Our class only just started Biological Molecules :s-smilie:
Got 133/150 in Jan, good luck guys!
Reply 7
hi guys! how did everyone do in f211? and hows everyone finding f212?
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Hate this exam. 3rd time lucky!!! :smile: hows everyone finding it? :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by narli
hi guys! how did everyone do in f211? and hows everyone finding f212?

I did well in my f211 (85/90). I like the majority of this module, learning about biological molecules, health and diet etc. I just hate learning classification and biodiversity :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by PrincessMedic
I'll be on all of the OCR Science threads aha :P How is everyone finding this topic? I like the Food and Health side of it, just a lot to memorise. Our class only just started Biological Molecules :s-smilie:

Woah that's late :/
Original post by Natalie21
Woah that's late :/

I know, right? I don't think we're going to finish in time, so I might just start teach myself :smile:
I know, right? I don't think we're going to finish in time, so I might just start teach myself :smile:

Sounds like a good idea :biggrin:
Sounds like a good idea :biggrin:

Aha I never stick to revision plans, this week failed in terms of revision :P How's it going for you? :smile:
Aha I never stick to revision plans, this week failed in terms of revision :P How's it going for you? :smile:

Same my revision timetable absolutely flopped - I made most of my revision flashcards throughout the year though so I'm not too worried :smile:
Same my revision timetable absolutely flopped - I made most of my revision flashcards throughout the year though so I'm not too worried :smile:

Wow, I seriously wish I did that now! I made my revision flashcards in the last week and I'm still not finished :O I'm planning an all nighter to finish unit 1's for all subjects and then start unit 2 tomorrow...need lot's of coffee...
Wow, I seriously wish I did that now! I made my revision flashcards in the last week and I'm still not finished :O I'm planning an all nighter to finish unit 1's for all subjects and then start unit 2 tomorrow...need lot's of coffee...

Woah how will you concentrate tomorrow!! Surely there is no rush to finish your unit 1 flashcards all tonight - you have all week plus 3/4 weeks back at school??
I would like to ask a question which would benefit all, if answered that is :tongue:
What exactly is the likely topics, looking at the past exams and the trend they follow, that will show up heavily on this paper? After all, The Jan 2012 Unit 1 paper was heavy on membranes and the first module of Unit 1.

Also, what will be the best course of action to revise the topics? I tend to read the book, make notes in my own words (but use the key terminology) and then read the same topic form a book I was advised to read up with, "Collins Advanced Science Biology 3rd edition, (by Mike Boyle & Kath Senior)" then past papers for exam techniques. However, I don't think this is enough if they decide to experiment with their questions like they did this January, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and Good luck to you all, I know you can all do it :biggrin: :biggrin:
Woah how will you concentrate tomorrow!! Surely there is no rush to finish your unit 1 flashcards all tonight - you have all week plus 3/4 weeks back at school??

Ahaha, don't worry...that plan failed too :biggrin: :colondollar:
Original post by Ali Shamsah
I would like to ask a question which would benefit all, if answered that is :tongue:
What exactly is the likely topics, looking at the past exams and the trend they follow, that will show up heavily on this paper? After all, The Jan 2012 Unit 1 paper was heavy on membranes and the first module of Unit 1.

Also, what will be the best course of action to revise the topics? I tend to read the book, make notes in my own words (but use the key terminology) and then read the same topic form a book I was advised to read up with, "Collins Advanced Science Biology 3rd edition, (by Mike Boyle & Kath Senior)" then past papers for exam techniques. However, I don't think this is enough if they decide to experiment with their questions like they did this January, any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you very much and Good luck to you all, I know you can all do it :biggrin: :biggrin:

I wanted to know this too :smile:
What I do for revision is make notes and flashcards using the big textbooks and then read up on everything with my CGP revision guide. I haven't started any exam questions yet :colondollar: But I will sometime this week :biggrin: I think we should try to come up with exam style questions of our own. Awh, thanks...good luck to you too :smile:

How did everyone find the practicals for Biology?

Quick Reply

Latest