The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

BIMM Brighton Accommodation 2012/13

Hi all!

Is anyone going to BIMM Brighton this year, and if so, how are you going about sorting accommodation?

BIMM isn't a campus uni, so no halls or anything of that sort.

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Well my friends who go there just flat share, or stay at home, though we are from Brighton anyway. Gonna guess that you're from far away, and since you won't know anyone to begin with, I'd look into renting a room in a house nearby? Then once you meet people you might find one of them has a spare room, or you can house share the following year? Sorry I'm not much help.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Haha! Yeah I live in east Kent at the moment so not too close. Do you know where the best places to look for accommodation would be?

Cheers
im starting in sep 2012. im a funny ****er who cares about people. i need a band. and a friend to help me with my uprooting. my email is [Removed - please use PMs or post here]
i have no place to stay but id like to do this with a potential new matey
If you're moving from somewhere else to Brighton a bit of local knowledge is key to be honest. I lived in Brighton for a year and am moving back to start BIMM in Sept (enrollment/freshers starts 24th so gonna look to move in back early/mid sept). I'm looking for a place in Hove if anyone is up for a musician house share? Bearing in mind that most of your time is in the Brunsiwck street west buildings and not so much at rock place. As with everywhere else the more people you share with the cheaper it gets and Brighton does love its bedsits.
Also on a side note Gumtree is great for accommodation in Brighton as the estate agencies are all..... erm.. pretty crap to put it lightly.
Reply 6
Thanks for the advice. To be honest, I'm just going to go with the woman who they recommend to you. I know absolutely zilch about living in Brighton and I figured that I'd find an initial share, make some friends, and move in with them down the line.

Also, I agree about Gumtree probably being the best place to look. It's a little too early to be looking in estate agents because just about all of the properties are available now rather than Sept.
Reply 7
Hmm really need to sort accommodation out myself, too. Been trawling the net and there seems to be loads of stuff around. Not at all familiar with Brighton/Hove, save for two recent visits which were a BIMM open day and my audition respectively. I don't really know the etiquette for organising house-sharing, but if I don't find anything soon, I'll message people who've suggested as such on here :smile: Good luck.
Reply 8
I'm doing a songwriting degree, i'm looking for people to share a house with! if anyone is interested add me on Facebook, Tom Knights!! Thanks x
Reply 9
Brighton is a fantastic student town with loads and loads of private sector accommodation of all sorts. Go to one of the student union offices and they will be sure to help you find something that suits you: eg flat/house share; 1 bed flat or bedsit etc etc. I wouldn't worry about a thing if I were you - it's all part of the adventure. Brighton is one of the most friendly places in England as well as one of the most diverse and tolerant!
Original post by tomknights
I'm doing a songwriting degree, i'm looking for people to share a house with! if anyone is interested add me on Facebook, Tom Knights!! Thanks x

Hi I am also starting a songwriting course at BIMM and looking to share a house. Please send a note here is you have something to offer.
Original post by ZoeLouiseEsteve
Hi I am also starting a songwriting course at BIMM and looking to share a house. Please send a note here is you have something to offer.

Likewise, I did have accommodation sorted in George Street but that has fallen through due to the developers running out of money.. So I'm now looking for somewhere again. I'll be starting on the songwriting course, be nice to share with other BIMM students.
Reply 12
Hey I was in them BIMM halls aswell so i am now looking for somewhere else to live , add me on Facebook and we will get something sorted as i know a few people whom are still looking for accommodation Ethan Tagg !
Me and two friends are exactly the same, we're moving down from Liverpool to study at BIMm and we're looking at houses next week through the accommodation officer they supplied, but has anyone had any luck elsewhere? We have no idea where else to look! Add me on Facebook, Sam Stewart!
Reply 14
Hey, I'm also starting the songwriting degree this year and looking to move to Brighton, so it would be great to share with fellow BIMM students :smile: I live a train ride away from Brighton, so it's pretty easy for me to get there for house viewings, so if anyones interested message/add me on facebook: Holly Roe or message me on here!
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by HollyRoe
Hey, I'm also starting the songwriting degree this year and looking to move to Brighton, so it would be great to share with fellow BIMM students :smile: I live a train ride away from Brighton, so it's pretty easy for me to get there for house viewings, so if anyones interested message/add me on facebook: Holly Roe or message me on here!

hey holly, tried to find you on facebook, but i dont know which person to click on! my name is james ford look me up if you can :smile: in my picture there's me sat next to a girl (if that helps!) but im doing the songwriters course too. and this goes for anyone
im quite nervous about starting please look me up so i can talk about this to someone!
Yo people!

names Michael Ruggieri, 20,

Literally at the start of my accomadation search, If anyone would be up for going 3 or 4's in on a house let me know, will be doing the guitar course and have studio gear that anyone can use if you're in a house with me, pretty easy going and i never forget to bring in the washing off the line when its pissing it down!

drop me a message on facebook or whatever!
hey, are you still looking for flat/housemate? cos i'm still looking for somewhere! i'll be starting the vocals course at BIMM this year :smile:
Reply 18
me and a friend are looking at a house just outside of Hove (10 mins cycle from BIMM) and it would be cool to share with one maybe two other guys?
anyone out there interested?
I'm a drummer doing the 3 year degree and Richard is doing the 3 year guitar degree. find me on facebook if you can
(samjohnson92) - my profile picture is me in the desert standing next to another guy.
going back down to brighton on tuesday to look at more property so get in touch asap
Hey everyone, I posted on this thread a couple of weeks back and since then, myself an my two fellow BIMM-ites hhave found a house through the accommodation officer that was supplied to us.

There's two rooms that are left in the house and is fairly modern! The address is 25a Park Crescent Terrace in Brighton so if anyone wants to take a gander or speak to the accommodation officer (Jackie Phillips) about it then ggo ahead!

There's also a pub about a minutes wwalk as well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending