The Student Room Group

Vomiting White Foam

Last night, I was staying at my mates along with my bf. We ended up staying up all night and I had 2 sips of alcohol the full time so was sober. But half way through the night I started feeling really ill and started being sick but all that came up was a white foam.

This morning I went back to my bf's with him and we went to sleep and when I woke up I felt like I had a hangover even though I was sober the night before :s-smilie:

Is that weird or should I not think too much of it? And what was the white foam about? :confused:
Reply 1
If it happens again I'd see a doctor. If you feel fine in in a day or so, I'd leave it.
Reply 2
dont drink shots of fairy liquid.
Reply 3
i would see a gp. could be a range of things, probably an infection or allergic reaction of some description. but i wouldnt worry too much if symptoms dont persist
Reply 4
Speaking as someone who's been sick more times than not, white foam is normal and not dangerous. Kinda gross, but nothing to worry about.
Reply 5
Rabies?
If you were vommitting white foam I would assume you had not eaten for a while? Generally people vomit white foam when they have an empty stomach so only water/gastric juices/stomach acid comes up which forms a kind of white foam.
matthew.swallow
If you were vommitting white foam I would assume you had not eaten for a while? Generally people vomit white foam when they have an empty stomach so only water/gastric juices/stomach acid comes up which forms a kind of white foam.

Agreed- thats exactly what I though.

Odd comparrisson, but when My dogs not well (and hasnt been eating)
his sick is a combination of yellow stomach bile and white foam :smile:
Reply 8
few years ago i had a problem for about 6 weeks vomitting stomach acid which was white foam. stopped and never had it since, wierd.
Reply 9
matthew.swallow

I actually hadn't eaten since about 3pm (This was about 4am) so that's probably a good explanation :redface:
Reply 10
This actually happened to me this evening. I was throwing up all day so evidently my stomach was empty. At first I was concerned but then I realized that it was solely because I had absolutely nothing in my stomach. Don't worry. You'll be fine
I'm glad I found this. I've been sick for a good week and was scared to death.
Even though I don't have health insurance, I think I'm going to the doctor anyway.
:frown:

Latest