The Student Room Group

OCR Geographical Skills

anyone else sitting this for the first time on tuesday?
I'm so stuck on how to revise, been doing the odd bit of revision over the past week due to other exams and all I can do is learn my investigation and the maths bit!
arghhh!!!
Reply 1
You have no idea how much I hate this module D<
I've typed out a lot of notes though, have around 30 pages worth so I'm just reading through those at the moment. I learn the limitations of my investigation pretty thoroughly and also the assumptions of the model it was based on, and the data representation part. Risk assessment would be a lovely question to come up but I think it came up in the June 2010 paper so very unlikely to make another appearance. I have no idea what to revise for GIS, our school just said it was something to do with computers and moved on which wasn't particularly helpful! And then just remembering that a title must be SMART: Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time effective :biggrin: Good luck!
Reply 2
It's so tricky to revise for tbh! But I thought the paper was okay actually!
Original post by Jing_jing
You have no idea how much I hate this module D<
I've typed out a lot of notes though, have around 30 pages worth so I'm just reading through those at the moment. I learn the limitations of my investigation pretty thoroughly and also the assumptions of the model it was based on, and the data representation part. Risk assessment would be a lovely question to come up but I think it came up in the June 2010 paper so very unlikely to make another appearance. I have no idea what to revise for GIS, our school just said it was something to do with computers and moved on which wasn't particularly helpful! And then just remembering that a title must be SMART: Simple, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time effective :biggrin: Good luck!

Hi jing_jing,
I'm sitting the OCR Geography skills paper (along with the rest of modules) and I have no idea how to revise for it. I feel like I don't know anything about the investigation that I've done with my group in lesson. We went there (to some kind of hill) and took some readings from different perspectives (N,NE,E,SE,S..), but as I don't quite get the skills section I find it hard to understand the investigation and the whole of this skills section. I also feel like making notes is pointless since it's all practical stuff..
I would really appreciate if you or anyone could help me in some way. The notes I've done in lesson are probably so bad that I can't read and learn from them. How do I start learning this and what do I start with??
THANK YOU SO MUCH ! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by joselesanroman
Hi jing_jing,
I'm sitting the OCR Geography skills paper (along with the rest of modules) and I have no idea how to revise for it. I feel like I don't know anything about the investigation that I've done with my group in lesson. We went there (to some kind of hill) and took some readings from different perspectives (N,NE,E,SE,S..), but as I don't quite get the skills section I find it hard to understand the investigation and the whole of this skills section. I also feel like making notes is pointless since it's all practical stuff..
I would really appreciate if you or anyone could help me in some way. The notes I've done in lesson are probably so bad that I can't read and learn from them. How do I start learning this and what do I start with??
THANK YOU SO MUCH ! :smile:

So sorry I didn't get back to you! I haven't been active here for ages! Gosh it seems a long time ago, I found it hard to revise too, I remember our school gave us the risk assessment it did for our investigation that was really helpful, and then just go over things like the pros and cons of different things like maps, photos and the different statistics is a good place to start. As you say it's very hard to revise for especially if you have bad notes! Good luck!

Quick Reply