The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Art Foundation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by QuirkyDoDo
Oh I wish it were that easy for me, Chesire, I wish it were. They are basically forcing me. It has happened before. Example; when I was in year 6, for Secondary transfer, I wanted to go to the same School as my friends (it sounds silly now but that's not the point. It was still a good school, in fact, for 6th form, it's almost better than my current School! Or so I've heard).
Anyway, for months we argued about it, when they realised that I wasn't going to give up, they even bribed me,that didnt work either, (principle will not be bought! ) then in the end when they realised that I was genuinely going to go to the School they put their foot down and it was the whole "What we say goes. You're not going to that School. End of story." And that was that. I cried and cried and cried, they said that they'd follow through with the conditions of the bribe (that only lasted for about a year :colonhash: ) and tried to be all like "oh but this School is an Arts School, that is perfect for you, that subject is your strength" (NOTE: The very same subject that they are trying to get me to forget about seven years later?!!) and the rest is history.

THEN, when it came to entering 6th form, they tried to force me to go somewhere else, (but the place didn't accept me, I "accidentally" called back to find out how my interview had gone/potentially confirm a place too late. And it "just so happened" that I wasn't having a good day on the day of the interview, so I was a little despondent. Hehe.

See my dilemma? Really wish my parents would react like your Mum.

Thanks =] and haha, well there's no harm in that-it's good to have broad choices =] And yeah, exactly; at least AS Levels are done now and you got that extra grade =]

Ooh sounds bad :frown: See though you would have been 11 when they forced you into that secondary school, and you were 16 when you purposefully failed your interview :tongue: Now at 18 you're an adult and can quite easily do stuff behind their backs. I'm guessing that you've already accepted your Loughborough place? What do they expect you to do now? :s-smilie: What do you think they'd do if you did the same as I did next year? :tongue: haha

Lol well there was in my case, I got CCEE for AS :biggrin: Managed to get that up to BBD for A2 but I really shouldn't have done Music Tech or Biology because I was crap at them and they brought my other subjects down! Oh well :tongue:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 41
Original post by Cheshire_Cat
Ooh sounds bad :frown: See though you would have been 11 when they forced you into that secondary school, and you were 16 when you purposefully failed your interview :tongue: Now at 18 you're an adult and can quite easily do stuff behind their backs. I'm guessing that you've already accepted your Loughborough place? What do they expect you to do now? :s-smilie: What do you think they'd do if you did the same as I did next year? :tongue: haha

Lol well there was in my case, I got CCEE for AS :biggrin: Managed to get that up to BBD for A2 but I really shouldn't have done Music Tech or Biology because I was crap at them and they brought my other subjects down! Oh well :tongue:

Hehe and yeah, I accepted it a while back and was going to apply for accomodation asap, on Monday. Now, they expect me to be researching institutions where I can do a French degree and writing my personal statement :colonhash: I genuinely think that they would go absolutely ballistic, tell me that I've c*cked up etc.

Oh no, that sucks =[ but at least you got the grades up! And at least you still got accepted somewhere =]
Hehe and yeah, I accepted it a while back and was going to apply for accomodation asap, on Monday. Now, they expect me to be researching institutions where I can do a French degree and writing my personal statement :colonhash: I genuinely think that they would go absolutely ballistic, tell me that I've c*cked up etc.

Oh no, that sucks =[ but at least you got the grades up! And at least you still got accepted somewhere =]

Bahh, just apply for the accommodation :tongue: Or do you need them to help you do it? lol

Loll yeah I didn't apply for foundation until 2 weeks into the course as I was planning on having a gap year but got fed up of trying to get a job for 4 months :tongue: Luckily I took my A grade projects in with me and started the next day :biggrin: God knows where I'd be now if I carried on with the gap year!
Reply 43
Original post by Cheshire_Cat
Bahh, just apply for the accommodation :tongue: Or do you need them to help you do it? lol

Loll yeah I didn't apply for foundation until 2 weeks into the course as I was planning on having a gap year but got fed up of trying to get a job for 4 months :tongue: Luckily I took my A grade projects in with me and started the next day :biggrin: God knows where I'd be now if I carried on with the gap year!

Haha, I'm going to apply for it, then we'll see what happens. You don't have to give a deposit or anything do you?
Oh my gosh! You must be very talented then!
Haha, I'm going to apply for it, then we'll see what happens. You don't have to give a deposit or anything do you?
Oh my gosh! You must be very talented then!

I dunno, depends how the system works. For here I think I chose which accommodation I wanted, then a few weeks later I was allocated a room and that's when I had to pay the deposit. I'd have a look :tongue:
Haha I wouldn't say I'm that talented, think they just had some space left on the course :tongue:
Reply 45
Hello there, I've finally decided to do the art foundation at Loughborough...woooo
Does anyone know when the summer project brief will be given out? :]
Reply 46
Original post by Angelala
Hello there, I've finally decided to do the art foundation at Loughborough...woooo
Does anyone know when the summer project brief will be given out? :]

I reckon probably after our places are confirmed so towards the end of august.

You decided on accommodation yet?
Reply 47
Original post by r05hni
I reckon probably after our places are confirmed so towards the end of august.

You decided on accommodation yet?

cool :smile:

Nah, I'm the one living at home in Loughborough. I did apply elsewhere, but LUSAD's good.

how about you and your accommodation?
Reply 48
Hi :smile: I've also decided on Art Foundation and I'm a little confused about the accommodation...Did the other not art students start applying from today? The email says monday for us so does this mean most of the halls will be full for us? And which are the best halls/rooms for foundation students out of what you know?
Sorry for all the questions, thank you to anyone that answers!! :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Angelala
cool :smile:

Nah, I'm the one living at home in Loughborough. I did apply elsewhere, but LUSAD's good.

how about you and your accommodation?

Oh lucky you, as you get to save a lot of money :smile:. Yeah we have to wait for Monday to apply!

Original post by PollyGirl
Hi :smile: I've also decided on Art Foundation and I'm a little confused about the accommodation...Did the other not art students start applying from today? The email says monday for us so does this mean most of the halls will be full for us? And which are the best halls/rooms for foundation students out of what you know?
Sorry for all the questions, thank you to anyone that answers!! :smile:

Hey I replied to you on the accommodation forum :smile:.
Reply 50
Thank you for your answer, very helpful! :smile: Very nice too meet you too :biggrin:
I was thinking something along the line of Butler/Bill Mo because they are closer (especially Butler!), and I want self catered so its perfect. Thanks again!
Reply 51
Original post by PollyGirl
Thank you for your answer, very helpful! :smile: Very nice too meet you too :biggrin:
I was thinking something along the line of Butler/Bill Mo because they are closer (especially Butler!), and I want self catered so its perfect. Thanks again!

Hello again! I'm glad that I could be useful :smile:. Which butler court room were you interested in? Is your monday time also 9am?
Reply 52
Original post by r05hni
Hello again! I'm glad that I could be useful :smile:. Which butler court room were you interested in? Is your monday time also 9am?

I have a feeling all Art Foundation are Monday 9am. I really want to get into Halls. Fingers crossed some people are in exams :P How many people do you reckon will be going in from home?
Reply 53
Original post by mollymoo
I have a feeling all Art Foundation are Monday 9am. I really want to get into Halls. Fingers crossed some people are in exams :P How many people do you reckon will be going in from home?

hahha same, I don't even want to consider having to commute from home :s-smilie:. such an evil thing to hope but I'm wishing that too! I reckon atleast about 20 people+ are gonna stay at home but that's just a pure guess.

what halls have you got your eye on? not gonna lie, I have pretty much been stalking the accommodation thread and it seems that it's taking quite a while and being quite slow, I just hope nothing messes up on our day!
Reply 54
Original post by r05hni
hahha same, I don't even want to consider having to commute from home :s-smilie:. such an evil thing to hope but I'm wishing that too! I reckon atleast about 20 people+ are gonna stay at home but that's just a pure guess.

what halls have you got your eye on? not gonna lie, I have pretty much been stalking the accommodation thread and it seems that it's taking quite a while and being quite slow, I just hope nothing messes up on our day!

I really cant. Takes 3 hours drive from where I live.
Hahaha so have I!! Royce, Faraday and Elvyn. Not many people have gone for them(well on here) so fingers crossed they wont all be taken. Your going for Butler Court? You know anyone going in September?
Reply 55
I really cant. Takes 3 hours drive from where I live.
Hahaha so have I!! Royce, Faraday and Elvyn. Not many people have gone for them(well on here) so fingers crossed they wont all be taken. Your going for Butler Court? You know anyone going in September?

Oh really? It's just over an hour from where I live but I can't drive yet (coursework took over my life haha) but if I had to commute I'd have to take like 2 trains?!

Yeah I'm gunning for Butler, cos of the cheapest ensuite option and ridiculously close to LUSAD, and the ones you've chosen shouldn't be too popular.

I know about 5-6 people who are going lufbra, but the most popular uni at my school was notts and luckily one of my best friends is going there (hopefully) so atleast she's round the corner-ish. How about you?
Reply 56
Original post by r05hni
Oh really? It's just over an hour from where I live but I can't drive yet (coursework took over my life haha) but if I had to commute I'd have to take like 2 trains?!

Yeah I'm gunning for Butler, cos of the cheapest ensuite option and ridiculously close to LUSAD, and the ones you've chosen shouldn't be too popular.

I know about 5-6 people who are going lufbra, but the most popular uni at my school was notts and luckily one of my best friends is going there (hopefully) so atleast she's round the corner-ish. How about you?

I'm really hoping that there aren't too many people applying on Monday, the thread is going crazy!!
Know a couple of people and some who are going to Notts.
Yep driving has been put on hold; Art coursework and January exams put a massive break in it.
Reply 57
I'm really hoping that there aren't too many people applying on Monday, the thread is going crazy!!
Know a couple of people and some who are going to Notts.
Yep driving has been put on hold; Art coursework and January exams put a massive break in it.

Yeah I know it's going mental - complete and utter distraction from revision lol but still so addictive to read.

It was literally one thing after another this year! First it was uni apps, then portfolio, then january exam, media cw deadline, product design cw deadline now exams. It's been ridiculous!

Do you know anyone else on the course?
Reply 58
Original post by r05hni
Yeah I know it's going mental - complete and utter distraction from revision lol but still so addictive to read.

It was literally one thing after another this year! First it was uni apps, then portfolio, then january exam, media cw deadline, product design cw deadline now exams. It's been ridiculous!

Do you know anyone else on the course?

I know!! I'm meant to be doing work :P
Nope no-one. You?
Reply 59
I know!! I'm meant to be doing work :P
Nope no-one. You?

Yeah I'm slowly revising maths - multitasking does work :wink:. No I don't physically know anyone on the course but I've added a guy on facebook who is gonna be starting it too.

I'm just glad we're not having to freak out about our grades like other people.

Quick Reply