The Student Room Group

Brown streaks in semen

I've recently discovered that there are slight brown tinges in my ejaculate. There's no odour, no pain, no excess sensitivity, literally I feel completely normal (for now). I have done a bit of research on the web but all I found was that it could be old blood from being hit in the testes for example or excessive riding on a bike saddle. I have not to my knowledge recently taken a hit to that area (I think i'd know about it!) so it's not that.

Also I have not recently changed my diet, although last night I drank quite a lot of cider, which I normally drink but it doesn't normally cause this.

Basically I was wondering whether there's anyone who has had this before and could tell me if it just went away or what they did to get rid of it.

I'd also appreciate it if people could spare the stupid comments, about anal sex and the like (which I havent done btw), as this could be a serious problem so I would like to get people's useful experiences of this. Thankyou.
Reply 1
Have you checked yourself for any lumps?

I have found the following for advice about blood in the semen (which I suspect it is, as I can't think of any other reason for brown stains in the semen - although I am a woman so I'd obviously have no personal experience, haha): http://www.andrologyaustralia.org/docs/Factsheet_BloodInSemen.pdf
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I've recently discovered that there are slight brown tinges in my ejaculate. There's no odour, no pain, no excess sensitivity, literally I feel completely normal (for now). I have done a bit of research on the web but all I found was that it could be old blood from being hit in the testes for example or excessive riding on a bike saddle. I have not to my knowledge recently taken a hit to that area (I think i'd know about it!) so it's not that.

Also I have not recently changed my diet, although last night I drank quite a lot of cider, which I normally drink but it doesn't normally cause this.

Basically I was wondering whether there's anyone who has had this before and could tell me if it just went away or what they did to get rid of it.

I'd also appreciate it if people could spare the stupid comments, about anal sex and the like (which I havent done btw), as this could be a serious problem so I would like to get people's useful experiences of this. Thankyou.

See your GP or go to your local GUM clinic.

THe obvious advice is invariably the best.
Reply 3
Thanks for the advice, i've checked for lumps already (sorry forgot to say) - think its clear, so what i'll do is have another look in a few hours and see if it's the same, it said on the link that sometimes this problem can come and go so maybe after a few days or weeks perhaps it will disappear.
Reply 4
It might be best to get it looked at just to be on the safe side, as it sounds like it might be blood. It's nothing to be alarmed about, but it's always worth the peace of mind.
Reply 5
Get that checked out asap
Reply 6
To the doctors asap

Quick Reply

Latest