The Student Room Group

Cutting off blood supply to your brain?

Sometimes when I masturbate I accidently tense my neck and jaw muscles really hard. I am now really worried this may cause the blood supply to my brain to be cut off. Is this possible or am I just needlessly worrying? I asked one of my friends and they said it can just burst a blood vessel but its not possible to cut off the blood supply in this way, is this true? Im really worried and upset now. I cant find anything about this online. Please help me.

Scroll to see replies

I would say see a doctor but..........I feel a sensible response is not what you're really after........
Reply 2
You have got to be trolling. If by some miracle you cut off the blood supply to your brain for around 15 seconds during these furious masturbation sessions, you'll pass out - the muscles will relax and everything will be fine.

Seriously though, how hard are you ****ing to worry that you are going to burst your carotid/vertebral artery?
Reply 3
Thanks for the responses. I can assure you im not trolling im genuinly worried. I'm not so much worried about bursting an artery, its just that i fear that when I tense up my muscles so hard it will stop the blood flowing correctly. I also realise that I can't be fully cutting off the blood as I didnt faint. However I did feel a bit exhausted afterwards, though this could be normal anyway given that its a fairly strenuous activity. Is it possible this could be cutting off any of the blood to my brain?
Reply 4
I think part of the reason im worried is that I remember this game kids used to play when they tensed up there face to make there skin go red. My mum used to tell me never to do this as it can stop blood getting to the brain. Is this true and is it the same thing?
He's not trolling. I saw the doctor for a similar sort of thing.
Reply 6
Someone's been smoking funny cigarettes and seems a little paranoid...
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
He's not trolling. I saw the doctor for a similar sort of thing.

What did they say? Also the reason I tense up so much is that i watch videos on laptop and when im so focused on the videos and aroused I fail to realise i am doing it. It is only after that I notice what I have done. My facial muscles are sore after. I'm extemely concerned this has caused me brain damage.
Reply 8
Original post by Picaa
Someone's been smoking funny cigarettes and seems a little paranoid...

I dont take any drugs. I suffer from an axiety condition though, so that would probably explain my paranoa.
Reply 9
C'est IMPOSSIBLE je suis sur.
Reply 10
Original post by Picaa
C'est IMPOSSIBLE je suis sur.

Did they explain why it is possible? Sorry to go on, but I really need to know.
Ouch is all that I can say.

What on earth are you watching?!
What did they say? Also the reason I tense up so much is that i watch videos on laptop and when im so focused on the videos and aroused I fail to realise i am doing it. It is only after that I notice what I have done. My facial muscles are sore after. I'm extemely concerned this has caused me brain damage.

It definitely has.
Reply 13
It doesn't really matter either way. The second the blood stops reaching your brain you would blackout, resulting in your neck muscles loosening, and then the blood would start flowing again. So you'd be fine.
Reply 14
It probably causes transient raised blood pressure which would be dangerous in an elderly person... you do not give your age
Reply 15
Original post by Craig_D
It doesn't really matter either way. The second the blood stops reaching your brain you would blackout, resulting in your neck muscles loosening, and then the blood would start flowing again. So you'd be fine.

I'm not sure. People don't faint when they are having a stroke, couldn't a similar thing have happened? Like the blood flow was partially cut off, enough to cause damage but not enough to make me pass out?

Original post by the bear
It probably causes transient raised blood pressure which would be dangerous in an elderly person... you do not give your age

I am 13.
Reply 16
13 years old lad, would be less likely to have his blood vessels ruptured or cutting his blood supply to your brain. Even when your neck tenses/jaw twists, it's just a natural response when you're doing what you're doing, all your muscles stiffs up, including your neck during ejaculation. It's like you're sending enormous electrical impulses to your testicles to start firing of your sperms.

I don't think you're on drugs? (ie cocaine, as this might be commonest reasons for cutting of your bursting a blood vessel in your brain even if you were young).

you're still young mate, you don't need to worry about these things.
Reply 17
Original post by medic86
13 years old lad, would be less likely to have his blood vessels ruptured or cutting his blood supply to your brain. Even when your neck tenses/jaw twists, it's just a natural response when you're doing what you're doing, all your muscles stiffs up, including your neck during ejaculation. It's like you're sending enormous electrical impulses to your testicles to start firing of your sperms.

I don't think you're on drugs? (ie cocaine, as this might be commonest reasons for cutting of your bursting a blood vessel in your brain even if you were young).

you're still young mate, you don't need to worry about these things.

I would never touch drugs. Also im more worried I somehow compressed the blood vessels than any of them would or could burst.
Reply 18
I would never touch drugs. Also im more worried I somehow compressed the blood vessels than any of them would or could burst.

When you stiff your muscles around your neck you would think of compressing you blood vessels as a result of that?

Well if that's your question then no, because the big blood vessels around your neck has first of all dual circulation (from both sides L/R) but also the muscles are designed not to compress on the blood vessels.

These blood vessels around your neck are usually compressed by applying external pressure around your neck, like hanging themselves with belts etc.. not giving you any suicidal ideas, but just drawing a clearer picture.
If you did somehow manage to cut of the blood supply to your brain, you would faint, and your muscles would relax, and the blood would start flowing again.

So masturbate away!

Quick Reply

Latest