The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Jesus: no baptism no Heaven:
JN 3:3 Jesus answered him, "Most certainly, I tell you, unless one is born anew,{The word translated "anew" here and in John 3:7 (anothen) also means "again" and "from above".} he can't see the Kingdom of God."
JN 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God!
MK 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1474296/pg1 May God bless all the people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 121
Original post by amerzeb
well there are mixed views about them. many say that they are not muslims because they believe that mirza gulam ahmed was a devine refromer, the messiah, the mahdi. and that the prophet muhammad (pbuh) was not the final messenger (i think).

I know a few people didn't class the Lahori ones as kuffar. Nether the less,there's consensus amongst Salafis and Deobandis that they're all ( even the lahori ones) kuffar.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 122
Original post by leiloon
biography? no thanks. I don't know what you meant by saying "Nahjolbalaghe isn't authentic" but it makes no difference for me because I have some purposes of reading it and I don't need his biography. I still hope some one could help me because I couldn't find it myself.

What is the point of reading statements of Ali(ra) when they're not even authentic?
Reply 123
Original post by shady_123
I know a few people didn't class the Lahori ones as kuffar. Nether the less,there's consensus amongst Salafis and Deobandis that they're all ( even the lahori ones) kuffar.

What makes them so different?
Reply 124
Original post by mel0n
What makes them so different?

Lahoris don't think he was a prophet but more of a messiah or a mujaddid ( Reformer)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 125
Lahoris don't think he was a prophet but more of a messiah or a mujaddid ( Reformer)

How can a reformer of Islam claim he is a Prophet??
Reply 126
Original post by S'Class
How can a reformer of Islam claim he is a Prophet??

Yeah,exactly. They just reinterpreted his words and claimed it meant something else. What he said was pretty clear cut anyway.
Reply 127
Original post by pasadi97
Jesus: no baptism no Heaven:
JN 3:3 Jesus answered him, "Most certainly, I tell you, unless one is born anew,{The word translated "anew" here and in John 3:7 (anothen) also means "again" and "from above".} he can't see the Kingdom of God."
JN 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most certainly I tell you, unless one is born of water and spirit, he can't enter into the Kingdom of God!
MK 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who disbelieves will be condemned.

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1474296/pg1 May God bless all the people.

I appreciate the sentiment . But God is one . Our life as muslims is submission to God. We believe we will be held accountable for our deeds as will all people including Jesus .I can quote from our scriptures too and say

Then Isa (alayhi salaam) (Jesus) will be called. Allah will ask him, "Did you tell the people to worship yourself and your mother?" He will say, "Oh Allah! You know that I said to everyone, to worship Allah alone." Allah will ask Isa's (alayhi salaam) followers, "Why did you worship Jesus and his mother?" They will not answer and they will be ordered to Hell. Then the Angel will bring all the other people, one by one for reckoning.

May i ask do you have an actual question regarding islam ?
Reply 128

What do they think he did that was so reformation-al?
I have a question about keeping DOGS. - I really want a dog when I’m older, but a bit confused as to whether I’m allowed or not.

I've read in loads of places that if a dog passes you when you’re about to pray or if a dog is in the same room as where you pray, then the prayer isn’t accepted.

Surely, if that’s the case, then a person can keep a dog inside the house but confine it to the areas where prayer doesn’t take place..?
Reply 130
Original post by mel0n
What do they think he did that was so reformation-al?

You gotta ask them tbh. Burden of proof lies on the claimant :smile:
Reply 131
You gotta ask them tbh. Burden of proof lies on the claimant :smile:

Are you saying the actual person didn't claim he was a prophet etc but people interpreted his words/actions and claimed that he was?
Reply 132
What is the point of reading statements of Ali(ra) when they're not even authentic?

It seems that I should detail it for you! I don't want to study it in order to become familiar with his ideas which I believe in them thoroughly. I have it in Arabic and Persian I want to find its English translation to use it in a part of my thesis. Although I can buy it but I prefer to find it in the internet.

SOME HELP PLEASE ....!

HOW CAN I FIND ENGLISH TRANSLATION OF NAHJOLBALAGHAH ....
Reply 133
Original post by Tpos
Are you saying the actual person didn't claim he was a prophet etc but people interpreted his words/actions and claimed that he was?

No, I was saying because they claim he was such a great "scholar" it's up to them to prove how great he was and what exactly he even did for the ummah
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 134
Original post by tsr-member
I have a question about keeping DOGS. - I really want a dog when I’m older, but a bit confused as to whether I’m allowed or not.

I've read in loads of places that if a dog passes you when you’re about to pray or if a dog is in the same room as where you pray, then the prayer isn’t accepted.

Surely, if that’s the case, then a person can keep a dog inside the house but confine it to the areas where prayer doesn’t take place..?

It's Haram sister http://islamqa.info/en/ref/377/dogs
Reply 135
Original post by tsr-member

Get a cat . The prophet (SAW) liked cats :biggrin:
Or rabbits my cousins got 10 rabbits and they're adorable ( they're going to get a goat and a sheep too ,a cow apparently was too expensive :s-smilie:) You just have to broaden your horizons and think outside the box far more interesting and wonderful animals out there . Perhaps the humble sea slug would appeal :tongue: ( actually really beautiful for a slug google it )

( sorry sis no dogs unless its for protection...)
Reply 136
If your life is to submit to God would you say the following prayer?

Dear God please force to the best religion in your eyes. Amen.

Original post by GabGirl
I appreciate the sentiment . But God is one . Our life as muslims is submission to God. We believe we will be held accountable for our deeds as will all people including Jesus .I can quote from our scriptures too and say

Then Isa (alayhi salaam) (Jesus) will be called. Allah will ask him, "Did you tell the people to worship yourself and your mother?" He will say, "Oh Allah! You know that I said to everyone, to worship Allah alone." Allah will ask Isa's (alayhi salaam) followers, "Why did you worship Jesus and his mother?" They will not answer and they will be ordered to Hell. Then the Angel will bring all the other people, one by one for reckoning.

May i ask do you have an actual question regarding islam ?
Reply 137
Original post by pasadi97
If your life is to submit to God would you say the following prayer?

Dear God please force to the best religion in your eyes. Amen.

I say that prayer 20 plus times a day
(surah fatiha The opening)

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
Praise be to Allah, Lord of the Worlds,
The Beneficent, the Merciful.
Owner of the Day of Judgment,
Thee (alone) we worship; Thee (alone) we ask for help.
Guide us on the straight path,
The path of those whom Thou hast favored;
Not (the path) of those who earn Thine anger nor of those who go astray.

Ameen

We bow down our heads to God at least 40 times a day . We have submitted our life to the worship of God . Our every action if done with the intention of pleasing God is worship . We ask for guidance time and time again because we believe guidance is a mercy for God to humanity. God is the turner of hearts to God belongs the most beautiful of names and i pray that he opens your eyes to Islam so that you can understand that us muslims have submitted to God .

Now do you actually have any questions regarding this religion/way of life ?
(edited 12 years ago)
If a giant Islamic state was set up tomorrow, with a similar structure to the Caliphate, then who would be the leader?

~~~~

What's wrong with dogs? Surely they are just another part of Allah's creation that you should love and appreciate? I like dogs :colondollar:

~~~~

Original post by S'Class
x

I like the quotes in your sig, they're beautiful :smile:
Reply 139
Original post by SaintSoldier
If a giant Islamic state was set up tomorrow, with a similar structure to the Caliphate, then who would be the leader?

~~~~

What's wrong with dogs? Surely they are just another part of Allah's creation that you should love and appreciate? I like dogs :colondollar:

~~~~

I like the quotes in your sig, they're beautiful :smile: