The Student Room Group

University College Falmouth 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I was going to phone Falmouth about when my interview was on monday but I got my interview invitation today! Anybody else for digital animation on the 14th feb? :biggrin:
Original post by MarcusHoare1
When is yours? I had to switch mine because they gave me a 9am slot and I live in Sussex :smile:

The course looks amazing and the facilities are stunning . :smile:

Mines 9am on the 14th Feb, I've got to come down the day before and stay somewhere as I live in London!
The course really does look amazing, I've got my heart set on getting in!
Reply 42
Original post by hedgehogsanonymous
Wow that was fast, I've gotten unconditional offers for both English and Journalism! I guess they just judged their decision on my application and the work I sent in.

unconditional? have you already finished your alevels/college? Well done by the way :smile:

Original post by Lydia1234
what course have you got an interview for?

Journalism
Original post by Hrtnicholson
Mines 9am on the 14th Feb, I've got to come down the day before and stay somewhere as I live in London!
The course really does look amazing, I've got my heart set on getting in!

I was going to do that but then another uni gave me an interview the day before :smile:
For those who have gotten interview dates ect - was it a letter or an e-mail? - Just so I know which to look out for :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by OCaptainMyCaptain!
For those who have gotten interview dates ect - was it a letter or an e-mail? - Just so I know which to look out for :smile:

Letter
Reply 46
I live in Cornwall and I'm applying to Falmouth for Interior Design.
I love Cornwall and I'm so lucky to live here, it's so laid back and it's probably nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life. For those who are scared of getting bored,,, you will never get bored in Cornwall. Guarentee there is always something to do. Anyway my interview is tomorrow so I better use my time wisely. Good luck :smile:
Original post by R,lou,D
I live in For those who are scared of getting bored,,, you will never get bored in Cornwall. Guarentee there is always something to do.

this is a lie.
unless your on about drugs.
why they invented drugs - for cornwall.
Reply 48
I have an interview for Advertising on the 6 feb,
But I can't go because I can't get there, aha.

When is the best time to phone to rearrange, does anyone know?

And from a completely hypothetical situation...What would happen if you just couldn't go to the interview in any way shape or form? Do you just definitely lose out on an offer?
I had my interview last week and it went brilliant! Applied for Film, got an unconditional! Not sure how rare this is at Falmouth to get an unconditional but all my teachers have said it doesnt happen often unless you've finished a levels etc! So happy! Good luck everybody, it was really nothing to worry about though as it was so easy!
Original post by gabrielleanna
I had my interview last week and it went brilliant! Applied for Film, got an unconditional! Not sure how rare this is at Falmouth to get an unconditional but all my teachers have said it doesnt happen often unless you've finished a levels etc! So happy! Good luck everybody, it was really nothing to worry about though as it was so easy!

Congrats on the unconditional. The film course looks quite interesting, reasonably well equipped. If you've got a decent camera, I'd bring it with you, but my flatmate is (was, cause she broke it!) getting by absolutely fine with her compact digital camera.

If anyone has any more questions about the uni (although Natalie and Sarah have answered most of them quite well), or about the course I'm on (Theatre), or even any of the other courses around the uni, I can do my best to answer them. Same with any accommodation questions etc. Best of luck to all of you, and hopefully I'll see you around campus next year :smile:
Unconditional? Do you already have te grades or do they just really like you?!
(edited 12 years ago)
Hellooo, I've applied for Contemporary Crafts at Falmouth, anyone else? I've had the letter stating the dates that they will be interviewing on, just waiting to hear if I've actually got one now, eek!
Original post by jess141
unconditional? have you already finished your alevels/college? Well done by the way :smile:

Thanks! Yeah I'm at college at the moment but I went to high school in America and took the SATs and all that, so I think they made their decision based on that. :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by MarcusHoare1
When is yours? I had to switch mine because they gave me a 9am slot and I live in Sussex :smile:

The course looks amazing and the facilities are stunning . :smile:

I applied for this course also, got my interview letter through yesterday but they scheduled the interview the day before I have another in Cumbria so had to change to 28th! Didn't help that I also live in Sussex! Small world! :biggrin:
Reply 55
Hi all,
Has anyone else got a Journalism interview on the 31st?
Reply 56
Original post by beezabee
Hi all,
Has anyone else got a Journalism interview on the 31st?

yep I have :smile:
Reply 57
I have an interview for Journalism on the 31st. Has anyone else done the news article thing?? I'm really worried about it!
Reply 58
Original post by nicoleray
I have an interview for Journalism on the 31st. Has anyone else done the news article thing?? I'm really worried about it!

nope, haven't done it yet, I've just sat down to write it now but am abit stuck on what to write about...:s-smilie:
Got an interview for english with creative writing on the 22nd Feb!! =) Yippee

Quick Reply

Latest