The Student Room Group
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website

University of Bedfordshire Applicants 2012!

There doesn't seem to be a sub forum or even a general thread for Bedfordshire applicants for 2012!

Let's see if we can get people posting here with what courses they've applied for and any offers!

I've applied for Television Production, no reply as of yet!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by HappygoLucky8
hey iv applied their too! havent heard anything from them yet except they recieved my application! ahh good luck im sure you'll get a place :smile:

Hey, what course have you applied for? It's not my first choice but i'd happily take it! and thanks, same to you! :smile:
University of Bedfordshire | Outside Campus Centre
University of Bedfordshire
Luton
Visit website
Reply 2
Sounds good, mines at Luton campus too! :smile: My first choice is Southampton Solent, what about you? Only got one interview date but that's it! Don't worry though, we won't hear anything back until next week anyway, and some unis wait until after the deadline to get back to us! :smile:
Reply 3
I have an interview for this uni on the 30th of January, anybody else going?

And to anyone who goes to this uni, can you please tell me the typical questions they will ask during the interview? I'm so nervous :frown:!
Oh, and how were the numeracy and literacy tests? How did you find them?
Reply 4
I've got an offer for journalism :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Zara221
I've got an offer for journalism :smile:

Well done! :smile: How long did it take for them to give you your offer? Still waiting for a decision on my application!
Reply 6
Original post by MattieB
Well done! :smile: How long did it take for them to give you your offer? Still waiting for a decision on my application!

It took around a month so wasn't too long :smile: What are you applying for?
Reply 7
Original post by Zara221
It took around a month so wasn't too long :smile: What are you applying for?

That's not bad, I applied on the 16th December for Television Production, they said they should update my track by the end of the month! :smile:
Original post by MattieB
Sounds good, mines at Luton campus too! :smile: My first choice is Southampton Solent, what about you? Only got one interview date but that's it! Don't worry though, we won't hear anything back until next week anyway, and some unis wait until after the deadline to get back to us! :smile:

I've got offers for southampton solent and bedfordshire (luton) too! Solent might end up being my first choice with bedfordshire my second but I'm not sure if that makes much sense seen as I bedfordshire are higher in the league tables... hmm.. lol And how come bedfordshire is like the biggest university in the UK yet there's hardly anything about it on here? Seems strange!
Original post by MattieB
There doesn't seem to be a sub forum or even a general thread for Bedfordshire applicants for 2012!

Let's see if we can get people posting here with what courses they've applied for and any offers!

I've applied for Television Production, no reply as of yet!

i applied forr that to and i got a conditional offer :-)
may see you there this year :-)
Reply 10
Original post by nigeeel
I have an interview for this uni on the 30th of January, anybody else going?

And to anyone who goes to this uni, can you please tell me the typical questions they will ask during the interview? I'm so nervous :frown:!
Oh, and how were the numeracy and literacy tests? How did you find them?

what's your interview for? i have one on the 30th jan for childrens nursing at the aylsebury campus, what campus and what time is your interview?
i'm really nervous as welll :s-smilie:
Reply 11
applied for a post grad course in KS2/Ks3 mathematics

waiting for an interview date as we speak. Going to be a fun trek coming from liverpool woop
Reply 12
Applied for Psychology and Criminal Behaviour after doing an Access course... kinda my first choice as i thought the course was more specialized compared to anything else.

Applied also for Keele, De Montford, Manchester Met, and Northumbria...

*fingers crossed*

Bit nervous as im a mature student, leaving the nest of Newcastle... Gonna love the adventure though (if i get an offer somewhere :smile: )

Why did you guys choose Bedfordshire?
Original post by AndyJ2k
Applied for Psychology and Criminal Behaviour after doing an Access course... kinda my first choice as i thought the course was more specialized compared to anything else.

Applied also for Keele, De Montford, Manchester Met, and Northumbria...

*fingers crossed*

Bit nervous as im a mature student, leaving the nest of Newcastle... Gonna love the adventure though (if i get an offer somewhere :smile: )

Why did you guys choose Bedfordshire?

SOMEONE WHO HAS APPLIED TO DO THE SAME COURSE AS ME!!!

Lol sorry... You're just the first person I've come across that's applied to do psychology and criminal behaviour. I chose bedfordshire because I'm limited as to universities that will accept me due to the fact that I'm doing a BTEC extended diploma and my overall result is going to be negatively affected by the fact that the first year was completely screwed up by the college.

My offer from bedfordshire was MMP and they've sent me a really nice e-mail and stuff through the post since my offer. I come from Kent so it's not that far for me but it is still a little bit nerve racking! I'm going to the applicant open day in february though so I can get a good feel of the place and speak to the lecturers.

The university has a dreadful reputation which is unfortunate but it does have good things about it like the course sounds great, the accommodation is really nice, the facilities are supposed to be amazing etc.
Reply 14
Ahh right cool :smile:

How long did it take for them to send you your offer?

Yeah, i messed up my GCSE maths ages ago and i am gonna be doing a resit this summer but they say they will accept an equivalent so it looks good. Got great grades on my Access course so we will see :smile:

Got a nice feeling about them.. when i first read about the course, i dunno.. its just seemed more attractive to me. Like i really wanted to do it. I might be heading down for the open day but im not sure yet. Probs be a good idea to see if i get a good feeling about the place instead of just jumping in blind and perhaps make a mistake. I think it'll all be good whatever happens.

Why does it have a bad reputation? Because it was orginally Luton?

I read about all that stuff and it seems to be upcoming with a bit of money pumped into it. Guess its just good to go with what you feel good with :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by toxicdreams16
i applied forr that to and i got a conditional offer :-)
may see you there this year :-)

Got my conditional this morning! :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by littleone271
I've got offers for southampton solent and bedfordshire (luton) too! Solent might end up being my first choice with bedfordshire my second but I'm not sure if that makes much sense seen as I bedfordshire are higher in the league tables... hmm.. lol And how come bedfordshire is like the biggest university in the UK yet there's hardly anything about it on here? Seems strange!

Yeah, my Solent interview is at the end of March! I might be going to the Bedford applicant day on the 11th? Are you going?
We're getting a few more replies on here now! :smile:
Original post by MattieB
Yeah, my Solent interview is at the end of March! I might be going to the Bedford applicant day on the 11th? Are you going?
We're getting a few more replies on here now! :smile:

Yeah I don't have any interviews.. I've got all my offers though :smile:

Yeah I'm going to that one :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by littleone271

Same here - solents my first choice too then bedfordshire
Solents my first choice because I like it there and my friend who goes there enjoys it whereas my friend at beds is transferring in sept
Its NOT all about league tables - its about where you feel comfortable too
Original post by deerayy
Same here - solents my first choice too then bedfordshire
Solents my first choice because I like it there and my friend who goes there enjoys it whereas my friend at beds is transferring in sept
Its NOT all about league tables - its about where you feel comfortable too

Yeah I've had a conditional offer for portsmouth now so they'll be my first choice unless it gets to the point where I can't see myself getting what they want.

I really loved the atmosphere at solent when I went to the open day. The students were so nice and full of personality and I got on really well with the ones I spoke to and it was totally different to when I went to see UEL where the students weren't as friendly.

I've also got a friend who goes to solent and he loves it too. The thing is though.. the facilities for psychology are terrible at solent so if bedfordshire are higher on the league tables and they have amazing facilities like it says online then it'll be down to where has the nicest atmosphere when choosing my insurance.

The halls are also MUCH nicer at bedfordshire. What did you think of them at solent?

I think I kinda owe it to myself to try for portsmouth.. I'd feel like I was kinda selling myself short if I ended up getting DDD and then I went to a university that only wanted MMM. Yeah bedfordshire has a really high drop out rate so I think that has to be considered..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending