The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 35mm_
I'm sick of mods deleting my posts. There was nothing wrong with what I just posted and I seriously needed some help. I didn't explicitly talk about suicide/self harm or anything like that; it was about paranoia and delusions.

Make a thread in ask a moderator if you're bothered. I've been considering making a thread myself too regarding their overzealousness/inconsistency in deleting suicide/self-harm related posts. I didn't see what your post was, but if you don't think it was inappropriate then I'd go ahead and ask why it got deleted.

Hope you're doing better now than your other posts suggest. :hugs:
Original post by Webberino

That's a shame, hopefully she will be around tomorrow. :console:
Yay! Well done! :hugs:
These things happen, I'm sure she will understand. :hugs:

Spoiler

Slightly better I think. In my break that I usually spend the whole hour in a lounge place I managed to bargain with myself and spend half of it the library and did a bit of work, that felt quite good. Was really tired by the end of the day though and didn't really do anything in my seminar. Kind of slipping behind with my new schedule a bit and didn't factor in the new work I would be given so probably going to get worse.
Apparently there is going to be a film crew in the lecture tomorrow for university publicity, I don't know who it's going to be seen by but they better not point the camera in my direction! :afraid:

Hopefully!
She doesn't really know anything, the only thing she knows about is when my old science teacher phoned home at the end of September. I'd prefer for her not to know anything tbh, it'll keep her off my back.

Spoiler

Sounds like an improvement to me, well done :hugs:
Hopefully it won't be too long before you see your mentor so you could possibly work a new one out together?
That sounds horrifying, I suggest sitting behind tall and/or bushy haired people. :mmm:
Reply 4962
Original post by bullettheory
Have you got Bio Oil? That works well.

Yeah I have, they're just taking a long time.

I should really have got them glued or stitched after I did it, but I didn't want to draw attention to it, so I've got about 5 3-4mm wide dark pink lines.

The saving grace is that there isn't a particular order to them, so I could theoretically say a cat scratched me or something, and hope that the person doesn't ask more pressing questions.

Edit: also I'm being slightly healthier today... I'm 'boiling' broccoli by running my tap as hot as it'll go into a bowl full of the good green stuff (kitchen is bouncing again so don't fancy using the kettle or a saucepan. It's not bad, bit crunchy, but they say you're not supposed to over-boil veg :redface:.
(edited 12 years ago)
I really can't stop crying at all and now my head really hurts and I have that stupid essay and my room is a mess and everything is a little bit pooey.
can anyone help out with the thread below?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1942466

really just want a nice happy life, but i feel ill be stuck in this rut forever... i really want to get help but the question is how?
Original post by superwolf
Make a thread in ask a moderator if you're bothered. I've been considering making a thread myself too regarding their overzealousness/inconsistency in deleting suicide/self-harm related posts. I didn't see what your post was, but if you don't think it was inappropriate then I'd go ahead and ask why it got deleted.

Hope you're doing better now than your other posts suggest. :hugs:

I did make a thread which they're yet to answer.

I'm a little better now. Voices have calmed down but still feel terrified. How have you been doing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I really can't stop crying at all and now my head really hurts and I have that stupid essay and my room is a mess and everything is a little bit pooey.

:hugs: I'm really sorry that things are so crappy at the moment. Is there anything we can do for you?
Original post by 35mm_
I did make a thread which they're yet to answer. My post went along these lines: people in my head are telling me to hurt myself and others. Apparently that's against TSR rules.

I'm a little better now. Voices have calmed down but still feel terrified. How have you been doing?

Well hopefully they'll reply saying that you're awesome and right about everything, and that in the future depsoc will make all the rules. :cool:

Glad to hear it. Is there anything you can think of that you usually find comforting, like a favourite album/film, talking to someone on skype, hiding under your duvet with a torch, or melting an entire tub of ben and jerry's then drinking it all (:ninja: I have never done this :ninja:)...?

I'm ok-ish. Made it in to all my classes this week, for possibly the first time this semester, but on the other hand my mood's been pretty low a lot of the time and I'm way behind on tons of work - which makes me feel even worse - but meh, holidays and meet up soon. :h:
Original post by Anonymous
Hopefully!
She doesn't really know anything, the only thing she knows about is when my old science teacher phoned home at the end of September. I'd prefer for her not to know anything tbh, it'll keep her off my back.

Spoiler

Sounds like an improvement to me, well done :hugs:
Hopefully it won't be too long before you see your mentor so you could possibly work a new one out together?
That sounds horrifying, I suggest sitting behind tall and/or bushy haired people. :mmm:
Ah right, yeah guess it makes things easier. Sure she wouldn't too bothered by earlier anyway. :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks, not much really, should do some more work this evening but as soon as I reached my bed I was doomed.:tongue:
Yeah hopefully, hope the stuff with the letter gets sorted out ok, can't help feeling something is going to go wrong.
Good plan :tongue:
The lecturer always asks questions that no one usually answers so it could be rather embarressing.:mmm:
Original post by 35mm_
:hugs: I'm really sorry that things are so crappy at the moment. Is there anything we can do for you?

I think I'm just feeling a little bit sorry for myself is all.

Are you okay? :hugs:
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I think I'm just feeling a little bit sorry for myself is all.

Are you okay? :hugs:

Not really but trying to make it through the night :redface:
My mood has taken a completely massive downwards swing. Literally don't care about myself anymore. I don't matter, there is nothing worth really living for at the minute. Messed up relationships, uni, hobbies, everything. Just want to go for a drive and floor it round some country lanes. I know this is probably a bad idea, but does it even matter? I don't care. Just want it to all go away.
Original post by bullettheory
My mood has taken a completely massive downwards swing. Literally don't care about myself anymore. I don't matter, there is nothing worth really living for at the minute. Messed up relationships, uni, hobbies, everything. Just want to go for a drive and floor it round some country lanes. I know this is probably a bad idea, but does it even matter? I don't care. Just want it to all go away.

Please keep yourself safe. You're worth much more than you think.
Original post by 35mm_
Not really but trying to make it through the night :redface:

I'll probably be around all night if you want to talk.

I managed to clean up a little bit of my room and made food. Head still really hurts though :frown:
Ah right, yeah guess it makes things easier. Sure she wouldn't too bothered by earlier anyway. :hugs:

Spoiler

Thanks, not much really, should do some more work this evening but as soon as I reached my bed I was doomed.:tongue:
Yeah hopefully, hope the stuff with the letter gets sorted out ok, can't help feeling something is going to go wrong.
Good plan :tongue:
The lecturer always asks questions that no one usually answers so it could be rather embarressing.:mmm:

Maybe not, she was talking to me fine afterwards.

Spoiler

Beds are such a great place, aren't they? :awesome:
If both ends know about the letter then hopefully it won't.
Plenty of awkward moments are definitely going to occur :mmm:
Original post by 35mm_
Please keep yourself safe. You're worth much more than you think.

:hugs: I don't think so, thought I was getting over this, but I'm clearly not, which is a big pain.
Maybe not, she was talking to me fine afterwards.

Spoiler

Beds are such a great place, aren't they? :awesome:
If both ends know about the letter then hopefully it won't.
Plenty of awkward moments are definitely going to occur :mmm:

That's good. :hugs:

Spoiler

They are undeed :yep:.......just not great for productivity :sad:
Unless the gp doesn't think I deserve any support......ok maybe I should stop assuming bad things and torturing myself before I know anything....just not sure how to do that. :sigh:
Should be...interesting. :tongue:
Original post by Nut.
Yeah I have, they're just taking a long time.

I should really have got them glued or stitched after I did it, but I didn't want to draw attention to it, so I've got about 5 3-4mm wide dark pink lines.

The saving grace is that there isn't a particular order to them, so I could theoretically say a cat scratched me or something, and hope that the person doesn't ask more pressing questions.

Edit: also I'm being slightly healthier today... I'm 'boiling' broccoli by running my tap as hot as it'll go into a bowl full of the good green stuff (kitchen is bouncing again so don't fancy using the kettle or a saucepan. It's not bad, bit crunchy, but they say you're not supposed to over-boil veg :redface:.

I've had some a bit like that, and just keep doing the Bio Oil, and it should start to fade, it does take time though :frown: I usually just say "I had an accident", and no one asks much more, but then to avoid this, I do it places where people wouldn't normally see.

Yeah, it keeps the nutrition in if you don't over boil it.... never heard of the hot tap method though :tongue:
That's good. :hugs:

Spoiler

They are undeed :yep:.......just not great for productivity :sad:
Unless the gp doesn't think I deserve any support......ok maybe I should stop assuming bad things and torturing myself before I know anything....just not sure how to do that. :sigh:
Should be...interesting. :tongue:

Spoiler

Sadly not :hugs:
I think you should certainly try to do that, can't be doing you any favours. :console:

Spoiler

Sadly not :hugs:
I think you should certainly try to do that, can't be doing you any favours. :console:

Spoiler