The Student Room Group

Questions about adjustment

Hello everyone,

I would like to know a bit more about the adjustment process, I wonder if anyone can help me?

What are the chances of one of the top universities having places available through the adjustment process, e.g. UCL or LSE? And if it's possible, what does the actual process involve and how quick should I be about it?

The reason is I have some offers at the moment but not from the unis that I really wanted to go to.

Thanks to anyone who can help!! :smile::smile:
Reply 1
I would also like to question the possibility of getting LSE via adjustment.

Personally, I do not have high hopes. Even if we are a top A*A*A* student, I just don't think there will be any spaces come August. I hope I'm wrong...
Virtually none, if not actually none, I'm afraid. Competitive universities and competitive courses don't put places on one side on the off-chance someone better will come along because they can pick and choose from amply qualified candidates already. In its first 2 years, only about 400 people got places through Adjustment, which is a nice idea in theory, but not actually very workable. Those universities which don't enter Clearing won't do Adjustment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending