The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by u4m1r
Watched Avengers even though I have an exam tommorow.

Worth it?
It is really entertaining....but a bit cheesey as well.

Not as good as X-men First class, Batman....basically the more serious comic book films. Definitely the best of the more fun ones.
Original post by Michael XYZ
Forget what the 17 year old does.

I think it's a healthy and productive discussion about what I said - if you want to cut, is it better to do it mainly/purely through diet or should you run hills etc. and that then allows you to eat more?

I think if you always ran hills then the latter is fine because you're used to it. I think the stress it would put on your body as someone who doesn't do much cardio to suddenly start when they're cutting is too much.

Thoughts?

I think that if you are so de-conditioned that doing a bit of cardio will cause such a stress that it's too much for your body then that itself is a problem that needs to be sorted.
Apprentice talk:

What a bitch, didn't even say bye to him.
Original post by Smack
I think that if you are so de-conditioned that doing a bit of cardio will cause such a stress that it's too much for your body then that itself is a problem that needs to be sorted.

Well running hills is not easy any way you look at it. None of us here, who don't play sports, are gonna be really efficient and find it easy.

It will impede recovery, that is for sure. The point is to try figure out what the best option is.

But, yes, sorry Smack I forget you're a 100m European champion...
Michael don't get arsey with me. You asked for people's thoughts and you've got them. There aren't even any hills in England anyway...
Forget what the 17 year old does.

I think it's a healthy and productive discussion about what I said - if you want to cut, is it better to do it mainly/purely through diet or should you run hills etc. and that then allows you to eat more?

I think if you always ran hills then the latter is fine because you're used to it. I think the stress it would put on your body as someone who doesn't do much cardio to suddenly start when they're cutting is too much.

Thoughts?

My thoughts are... You're right. Totally agree.

If we're talking about lazy bastards/massive pussys.
Reply 1727
Original post by Slumpy
Worth it?

Yep. Agree with what McHumpy said, not the best critically but definately enjoyable, wouldwatchagain/10
Reply 1728

Reply 1729
Well running hills is not easy any way you look at it. None of us here, who don't play sports, are gonna be really efficient and find it easy.

It will impede recovery, that is for sure. The point is to try figure out what the best option is.

But, yes, sorry Smack I forget you're a 100m European champion...

Original post by Smack
Michael don't get arsey with me. You asked for people's thoughts and you've got them. There aren't even any hills in England anyway...

I don't get why it has to be all or nothing. Any kind of physical activity could plausibly be useful for dropping weight/increasing conditioning depending on where you're at. Start small and work your way up. You'll adapt in time.

Sport is useful primarily because it should be fun. It's a way of doing cardio without feeling godawful about it.
Original post by u4m1r
Watched Avengers even though I have an exam tommorow.

Wish I could do that with BodyPower this year :angry:
you don't go from 0 cardio to running hills 3 days a week, you obvvv work up slowly!
Original post by The Blind Monk
I don't get why it has to be all or nothing. Any kind of physical activity could plausibly be useful for dropping weight/increasing conditioning depending on where you're at. Start small and work your way up. You'll adapt in time.

Sport is useful primarily because it should be fun. It's a way of doing cardio without feeling godawful about it.

It doesn't but extremes are good in finding out the black and white of it. Then you can mix it up.
What strongman is at bodypower...basically is it just domestic strongman or got internationals there?
I get pissed off when I tell people I'm off to the gym. They sort of frown at me and then say they'd rather keep fit by doing a team sport or some **** and that they'd get bored in the gym.

Another guy (who started talking to me about boxercise because I told him I lift) got really pissy at me because I told him I find cardio pointless trololol. Same guy who tells me he burns 1000 calories from an hour long run.
Original post by cowsforsale
I get pissed off when I tell people I'm off to the gym. They sort of frown at me and then say they'd rather keep fit by doing a team sport or some **** and that they'd get bored in the gym.

Another guy (who started talking to me about boxercise because I told him I lift) got really pissy at me because I told him I find cardio pointless trololol. Same guy who tells me he burns 1000 calories from an hour long run.

So you're saying what they do is pointless and they're saying what you do is boring? Sounds like the solution is to be less of a douche so you can make some less douchey friends. Just my opinion.
Well someone's a bit of a dick today...
Reply 1738
Original post by McHumpy92
What strongman is at bodypower...basically is it just domestic strongman or got internationals there?

Mariusz Pudzianowski.

Also, Shaw and Savickas suddenly decided to come last year so might be the same this year too.
Original post by The Troll Toll
So you're saying what they do is pointless and they're saying what you do is boring? Sounds like the solution is to be less of a douche so you can make some less douchey friends. Just my opinion.

My work colleagues can be quite douchey. I didn't put it forward very clear either, but those were 2 sets of different people too.
(edited 11 years ago)