The Student Room Group

The Beatles Society

TO JOIN CLICK THIS LINK::: http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=317

This thread is now the official Beatles Society (:biggrin: Started 14/07/06) for you to come and chat about the amazing music of the legendary Liverpool band. You could talk about your favourite songs and albums.. Paul, John, George and Ringo.. playing an instrument along.. how you first got into the band.. whatever you like!

Now 236 members!
And 6 years old! =)
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes damnit YES! "When i find myself in times of trouble..."
I own Sgt. Pepper and have borrowed Abbey Road from my dad, not bad at all. Though the former is much better. I feel as if I should get the White album, which tracks are on it?
"All You Need Is Love

love,

love is all you need"

Thats what it says on my wall
Reply 4
*hand in the air*

Fan over here too! :biggrin:
Reply 5
Yayyy. I was just surprised that there were no threads or societies or anything, because, y'know.. THE BEATLES. haha. My dad has loads of the albums and I've practically grown up listening to them, so they're one of my favourtie bands. Great bass-lines too :biggrin:
Reply 6
Decent_Jam
I own Sgt. Pepper and have borrowed Abbey Road from my dad, not bad at all. Though the former is much better. I feel as if I should get the White album, which tracks are on it?

There's some info on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002UAX/102-7376718-2665746?v=glance&n=5174 =]
Reply 7
oh yeah! :thrasher:

Beatles rock.

Love the bass for hello goodbye especially, great fun to play. :cool:
Reply 8
Indeed. Though I have to admit that their music certainly gets better towards the end, their first stuff is great fun to listen to and play along.
Reply 9
<Waves hand around in the air>

I'm a fan too!

Hmmm, shall I start up a BeatlesSoc d'ya think? :biggrin:
Reply 10
ESBay
Indeed. Though I have to admit that their music certainly gets better towards the end, their first stuff is great fun to listen to and play along.

Yeah I agree with that :smile: I love the older stuff but at the same time when I want to play a song on bass I like to try the trickier ones on some of their last albums, because it's just amazing.

And YAY *chants* Beatles Soc! Beatles Soc! haha.
hehe, the beatles rock!
I own Revolver, Sgt Pepper, Rubber Soul, White Album, Let It Be and 2 compilations :biggrin: oh oh and Yellow Submarine DVD!!

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in
To stop my mind from wandering...
Hell yeh

Sergant Pepper and Rubber Soul all the way
sheep!
<Waves hand around in the air>

I'm a fan too!

Hmmm, shall I start up a BeatlesSoc d'ya think? :biggrin:

I started one ages ago (check my signature) but it kinda disappeared. Im glad there are fellow fans of the greatest band that ever graced this big round planet!

Unbelievably brilliant!!!!!!!
Reply 15
The anthology albums are really entertaining too.
It really shows the development. From 'My bonnie lies over the ocean' with Tony Sheridan singing till 'A day in the life'.
Reply 16
Doctor Mysterio
I started one ages ago (check my signature) but it kinda disappeared. Im glad there are fellow fans of the greatest band that ever graced this big round planet!

Unbelievably brilliant!!!!!!!

Of course there are going to be Beatles fans on this board. Damn, they're probably THE most loved band on the planet...
Reply 17
Well, I've submitted a soc application, so this will be where it is if it goes through =]
Reply 18
Oh YAY :biggrin:
Ive been a beatles fan for as long as i can remember, died down more recently but ill always have a soft spot for them! first concert i went to was the Bootleg Beatles!

Quick Reply

Latest