The Student Room Group

OCR Latin Grade Boundaries - A*

I have looked everywhere - does anyone know what an A* is out of 200?
Reply 1
normally- generally speacking grade boundaries are 10% but im not entirely sure
so if you use 10% it would be 180
Reply 2
Normally, the A*is 87%
I'll be lucky if i get a B lmao
Reply 3
grade boundary is 87%

if you go to the OCR website you can look at the mark scheme, A* is 173/200
However it's slightly different depending on what papers you do

for me I did Language 1, Virgil (Verse Literature) Language 2 (basically a harder language paper) and Prose Literature (Druids and Boudicca)

1952/21, 22, 23, 24

With other combinations it can vary, just check out the website
McKholin
grade boundary is 87%

if you go to the OCR website you can look at the mark scheme, A* is 173/200
However it's slightly different depending on what papers you do

for me I did Language 1, Virgil (Verse Literature) Language 2 (basically a harder language paper) and Prose Literature (Druids and Boudicca)

1952/21, 22, 23, 24

With other combinations it can vary, just check out the website

Is the A* boundary lower for the literature papers because I don't think I did very well in the prose and verse?
Reply 5
87%? Ha- I'll be lucky to get a C then. :s-smilie:
Reply 6
Yeah just check the website.

I do 21/2/4&5 not 23....were told its about 85% + or - 1/2%...so about 170/200.
Reply 7
It seems ridiculous that its that high. Is it because generally latin stduents are high-achivers (or public school kids that have been studying latin since they were zygotes)? Or is that a stupid assumption to make?
Reply 8
surfait
It seems ridiculous that its that high. Is it because generally latin stduents are high-achivers (or public school kids that have been studying latin since they were zygotes)? Or is that a stupid assumption to make?

Yup, that's exactly it sadly :eek3:
Reply 9
surfait

Yeah lol thats pretty much right.

However, even at these grade boundaries 40%+ of applicants get an A*

Plus, the mark scheme is very nice eg allowing pretty much everything for background, the very kind language score system...
Reply 10
Bakerbaker
Yeah lol thats pretty much right.

However, even at these grade boundaries 40%+ of applicants get an A*

Plus, the mark scheme is very nice eg allowing pretty much everything for background, the very kind language score system...

40%+... :eek:

No one in our school has ever got an A* since it was even introduced. But saying that there was only 6 of us taking it this year and it's a fairly ****** school. :frown:

Still sort of hoping for a B/A though...
Reply 11
surfait
40%+... :eek:

No one in our school has ever got an A* since it was even introduced. But saying that there was only 6 of us taking it this year and it's a fairly ****** school. :frown:

Still sort of hoping for a B/A though...

Yeah its a lot - its 70 odd that get As and above.

My school doesnt get anywhere near that but gets a few *s....unlike most its not private.

For an A you need 75% ish i believe so you should have a good chance :smile:

Hopefully ill get * but doubt it, some of the virgil, 1 q on background and some language was bad.
I ran out of time on the Prose and the Language could have gone a lot better. The Virgil went splendidly though. I'm hoping I'll get an A - I'd be overjoyed with that - don't think it's gonna happen sadly.
It varies from year to year anywhere between 170-180/200 depending on the difficulty of paper, how people did etc.
Reply 14
Mhm. Funnily enough I was really happy with the Prose and Literature, but they were my strongest two. Language was mediocre (fell for that 'veho' trap like a lot of people), and Roman Life was abysmal, bordering on laughable. the humilation of that exam was only made bearable by the thought that I would never have to do Latin again.

Ha, oh well. Only the 27th of August will tell. Still wish I'd done R.E. instead though. :rolleyes:
Reply 15
Why does the OCR website not show the boundaries for each paper needed to get an A*? It only shows the A grade mark

E.g. for paper 1 it shows 45/60 as an A but no A* threshold mark.

Im officially doomed if the A* is 87%.
how do you run out of time! Being part of a well established public school i myself have never found time a problem and am predicted a 9 easily, people at my school took the exam a year early and got 97%-100%
Love Vergil, its beautiful, work of art, i am public schooled of course, but always look forward to Vergil
Original post by TenthBelt1993
I have looked everywhere - does anyone know what an A* is out of 200?

usually when i do my greek OCR papers it is about 77% but this is latin so i do not really give a care
Original post by morgybroth
usually when i do my greek OCR papers it is about 77% but this is latin so i do not really give a care

Well I doubt your comment helped the person seeing as it was 9 years ago

Quick Reply

Latest