The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

UAL Accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Regan-o
you've just gotta consider whether or not you want to risk not meeting AS many people in Halls, I don't mean you'll never meet anyone 'cause thats ridiculous, but you'll meet different kinds of people (if you go in halls) within your flat, and then also within the actually building itself, theres always randomers that you'll meet and possibly get on with, which of course is important for the second year when you get somewhere else to live with friends that you make. You'll make friends on your course too obviously but a lot of people make friends to live with from within their halls too!

Yeah I agree, I'd really rather be in halls! It's just the distance that's worrying me, Didn't want to spend too much on halls, so kinda restricted, I thinkk I should go for it, just hope there's someone else at cordwainers going to Wimbledon so I have travel buddiess
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by student1804
Hi :smile: Just thought id let you know that nearest station to cordwainers is either 2mins to london fields or a ten min walk to hackney central. Which is 55mins to wimledon & just 2 changes at highbury & islington, then vauxhall :smile: plus half the journey is train which is nicer than tube! :smile: Im going to cordwainers hence the interest :biggrin: x

Are you going to Wimbledon tooo?
Original post by whydelilah
Are you going to Wimbledon tooo?

noo, im lcf in holborn so shorter journey for me.. But i chose cordwainers for price, everywhere any closer is so expencive! wimbledon is so far out, i feel for you!
dangg :/
I hope I'm not the only one! there were closer halls, just I messed up my application and thought i'd better choose somewhere i'd be more likely to get in, and the price came into it of course!
None of them are close though :/ no idea what i should dooo
Reply 324
dangg :/
I hope I'm not the only one! there were closer halls, just I messed up my application and thought i'd better choose somewhere i'd be more likely to get in, and the price came into it of course!
None of them are close though :/ no idea what i should dooo

you could call up housing services and see what they suggest?
Original post by Regan-o
you could call up housing services and see what they suggest?

Yeah I probably should! kinda wish furzedown was being used this year, even though people say it's bad, it's so close!
Reply 326
Yeah I probably should! kinda wish furzedown was being used this year, even though people say it's bad, it's so close!

Yeah why isn't that one being used this year?! I've only heard bad things about that one though....
Reply 327
Okayyy so I got a place at cordwainers court (in Bethnal Green) , but have to travel to Wimbledon everyday, is it worth it? how long willl it take to get there?
Need some Londoner knowledge

It seems like iv got a similar dilemma. Brookehall is like an hour from Wimbledon too, gunna have to wake up at crazy early o clock. Also worried there won't be other Wimbledon people there, don't want to get knifed up on my home! :redface: That furzledown place wouldve been so much easier, but someone told me its full of asbestos or something so maybe not! Think I'm gunna just accept halls, seems the easiest thing at the moment.
Original post by lapin
It seems like iv got a similar dilemma. Brookehall is like an hour from Wimbledon too, gunna have to wake up at crazy early o clock. Also worried there won't be other Wimbledon people there, don't want to get knifed up on my home! :redface: That furzledown place wouldve been so much easier, but someone told me its full of asbestos or something so maybe not! Think I'm gunna just accept halls, seems the easiest thing at the moment.

Yeah I messed up because I actually applied for it, then they emailed me like a week later saying it was unavailable so had to pick new choices dead fast!
Saame, I don't know where most wimbledon people are going, Brooke Hall's a lot closer than Cordwainers though so I bet there are others
Reply 329
Aw glad someone else is kinda in the same boat. You applied for Brooke hall? I was so shocked when I saw the price after I applied, the rooms have a kitchen, maybe it's good you don't have to pay! O well if you hate your place you can swap for my abnormally expensive room! Good luck :biggrin:
nope, I checked prices first cause I'm dead boringg, you should apply for cordwainers so I have someone to keep me safe on the tube?
Reply 331
I would if I could, don't want to risk not getting anything though. Oh and i can't imagine myself being a very good bodyguard, so you're not missing anything there! :tongue:
Yeah I suppose that's reasonable!
Still considering a house though, walking distance of uni andd price are too tempting
Reply 333
Original post by aspiringwhatever

Original post by aspiringwhatever
You don't have to anymore, it changed. I am also under 18 and I am going to be living in Julian Markham :smile:

yeah, I know. I got Brooke Hall, so I'm very happy :smile:
Reply 334
Hey,
Is there any accommodation that's not too expensive but not really cheap either? I want to avoid being in a really rough area :tongue: but I want to be near LCC, I really have no idea!
Reply 335
Original post by Laurenn
Hey,
Is there any accommodation that's not too expensive but not really cheap either? I want to avoid being in a really rough area :tongue: but I want to be near LCC, I really have no idea!

Not a rough area, but near LCC you say?

LOL

In all seriousness though, the entire area surrounding LCC is a bit grim on the surface, but it's alright, and I know quite a lot of people living round there who find it ok even if it isn't exactly glamourous. There's some nice streets, and some that look horrible. It's quite difficult to find anywhere thats fits into the perfect ideal of being affordable and really lovely in zone 1/2, and it's worth bearing in mind that travel costs are obscene too.

I get what you mean though - I'm in a similar position, but I'll be going to Chelsea. They've offered me halls which are stupidly expensive, and ages away, so I'm debating whether to not bother and find a flatshare, only Pimlico is a hideously pricey part of town, so wherever I go, there will be a commute. Frustration.
Reply 336
I'm from Nottingham, so I can deal with a bit of grim :tongue: I just really don't know what to expect and finding it really difficult deciding... how do you go about flathshare? It seems a logical step to make but then would that mean missing out on freshers?

What are the most popular options for people going to LCC?
Reply 337
Original post by Laurenn
I'm from Nottingham, so I can deal with a bit of grim :tongue: I just really don't know what to expect and finding it really difficult deciding... how do you go about flathshare? It seems a logical step to make but then would that mean missing out on freshers?

Of the people I know personally who go to LCC, they all live in the Elephant and Castle area. I would imagine that's the case for most LCC students, but obviously I can't speak for everyone. In terms of finding a flatshare...er... google? I haven't thought this through properly myself tbh. I just got an offer for halls and having realised quite how much it's costing, am reconsidering.

It wont mean missing on on freshers, because a lot of the events are in clubs/bars etc anyway, and there's nothing to stop you going, but I guess if you're not in halls you might miss out a bit on the whole meeting people thing a bit. But if you're quite social and outgoing, I guess it's not much of an issue. There's actually halls really really close to LCC, so try applying for Julian Markham house maybe?
Original post by Laurenn

i'm going to LCC, staying at Manna Ash House which is in Southwark (15 minute walk from LCC)...apparently the Southwark area is nicer than Elephant and Castle, but still really close to the Uni :smile:
Yeah I had a look at a tube map :/
You have helped! thankyou (:
are you at Wimbledon too? Just can't decide whether it'll be worth it, want the security of halls and knowing where I'm going to live, but I've seen rooms for rent in Wimbledon that are loads cheaper and walking distance .. I hate decisions :/

Noo I'm going to LCC

There must be other people going to Wimbledon staying in your halls though, so I'm sure you'd meet people to travel with? I have a friend staying in Tottenham, which i 45 minutes from her Uni and she thought that nobody else there would be going to the same University as her...but its the complete opposite - everyone is :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending