The Student Room Group

Best season of House md?

What do you think is the best season of house and why? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Damn, that's really hard :/.

I think every season has its own merits really. Unlike most shows I think the developers of House from the start had quite complex and already developed characters so it's not like the characters have changed much. In terms of story lines I think something significant has happened in every season.

Really couldn't say really. Will be interesting to read other people's opinions.

EMZ=]
Reply 2
Original post by Emor
Damn, that's really hard :/.

I think every season has its own merits really. Unlike most shows I think the developers of House from the start had quite complex and already developed characters so it's not like the characters have changed much. In terms of story lines I think something significant has happened in every season.

Really couldn't say really. Will be interesting to read other people's opinions.

EMZ=]

Yeah your right, i think its been a one of the best shows from day one. Every season has had something to make the story line a little different, but has not lost any of the characters personality's.

Yeah will be really interesting to see what other people say.
THIS POST WILL CONTAIN SPOLIERS! You have been warned.

This is such a hard question.
I like the second season I would say.
The first season was a little bit too 'we're starting up and explaining everything to you'
The third season I didn't like the whole thing with Tritter.
Fourth season was a massive overhaul and it did seem like they were trying to sort a 'we're completely revamping this' until later on when the old guys were still there. Although the two part season finale was amazing.
Five was quite 'back to business', which they already did with two (obviously up until Simple Explanation, but then it was overly heavy on the drama; although the Amber scenes were priceless).
Six I didn't really enjoy as much, felt it was too mixed up and the season finale was a hugely dramatic way of getting to where we'd all waited 6 seasons to get!
Seven was all rosy followed by a massive blowup in Bombshells and then just back to normal again until the finale, which made no sense (but did set it up well for Lisa Edelstein to leave)

So I am saying Two because I feel its the first time it was properly 'House' in the way I really liked it. The characters were well established, we were somewhat immersed into the medical terminology and the whole thing seemed to flow well. Season 5 comes in second because it has this whole same feel until the end, and season 1 in third because you started to get that towards the end once they'd properly introduced us to the concept.

Woah, long post :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by minimarshmallow

The first season was a little bit too 'we're starting up and explaining everything to you'
Fourth season was a massive overhaul and it did seem like they were trying to sort a 'we're completely revamping this' until later on when the old guys were still there. Although the two part season finale was amazing.
Five was quite 'back to business', which they already did with two (obviously up until Simple Explanation, but then it was overly heavy on the drama; although the Amber scenes were priceless).
Six I didn't really enjoy as much, felt it was too mixed up and the season finale was a hugely dramatic way of getting to where we'd all waited 6 seasons to get!
Seven was all rosy followed by a massive blowup in Bombshells and then just back to normal again until the finale, which made no sense (but did set it up well for Lisa Edelstein to leave)

So I am saying Two because I feel its the first time it was properly 'House' in the way I really liked it. The characters were well established, we were somewhat immersed into the medical terminology and the whole thing seemed to flow well. Season 5 comes in second because it has this whole same feel until the end, and season 1 in third because you started to get that towards the end once they'd properly introduced us to the concept.

Yeah i agree with the Tritter thing, i think it went off track a lot in season 3. Yeah the Amber scenes were brilliant. One of the best parts out of any season.
Original post by minimarshmallow

I agree 100%, Season 2 all the way. The Stacy storyline was just note-perfect.
Original post by House1992
Yeah i agree with the Tritter thing, i think it went off track a lot in season 3. Yeah the Amber scenes were brilliant. One of the best parts out of any season.

Yeah, I just found it to be so unnecessary and long-winded. It would have worked if it was a few episodes shorter, but the same way the judge found it to be a cop that had been rubbed the wrong way I just kept thinking 'Why is it such a big deal to you?'
Would still love to hear anyone else's opinion on this.
New season starts in the states on Monday and the UK on Thursday, well excited :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest