The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 1
It's my mum's BD and went out last year so this year have stayed in and cooked a roast! How boring am I!!
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
it's cool. i'm staying home too (still in brighton) but we're having a party at my place tomorrow morning (it's more an after club party...) but it should be fun. i'll get to sleep tonight, wake up tomorrow and party the day away :biggrin:. i would watch tv, but my housemate took the extension cord to set up the sound system so it's all ready to go after he gets back from clubbing. anyone who's still in brighton is welcome to come, just send me a pm for directions (i live off campus). it starts at around 5 or 6 in the morning, not sure what time it'll go on till...
Reply 3
happy new year!!! just got back from my new years eve, was working at my local club behind the bar but still had a great night :biggrin: (plus there was a staff party after...free drinks!)
hope y'all had a great new year :smile:
both of you has the way to celebrate the new year ,and i'd like to stay at home with my family better than go to the club.but i think i'm lucky that i have the chance to celebrate the new year with my family.(most of my student can't go home )
hope everyone have a fruitful new year!!
Reply 5
i know what you mean about spending it with family, it was a tradition back home to just stay in and spend new years together (even my older brother, who'd always go out would stay in that night). now you have me feeling all homesick! *runs off and weeps quietly in a corner*. now that i've had a good cry, i'll be okay! *runs back to the party*
Reply 6
Aww, i wish i was in brighton! I'm definitely going to spend new year there next year. Yesterday i had to work a 12 hour shift, 11.30-11.30, in wetherspoons...i thought it would be alright because there would at least be a good atmosphere, but by 9.30 there were only 9 people left in the bar, which is pretty mad considering how busy it usually is! So i ran straight off back to my friend's at half 11 because my parents have gone away and abandoned me and i didn't want to be alone! So it worked out ok.

And now it is officially less than a week til i go back to sussex, hurrah!
Reply 7
i just got up, and my house is a TIP!! i never knew that the messes that come with house parties were this bad!! my kitchen is the worst! i'm not looking forward to cleaning up later on.
Reply 8
asmodexx
i just got up, and my house is a TIP!! i never knew that the messes that come with house parties were this bad!! my kitchen is the worst! i'm not looking forward to cleaning up later on.

That's why it's best to go to house parties and not host them! :smile:
Reply 9
yeah, but i got off doing the cleaning :smile: seeing as how it wasn't my idea, and the extent of my organizing the party was supplying loo roll for all the toilets, i don't have to clean up! the two housemates of mine that organized it (the only other two that are here) are the ones that are cleaning up. i'll do the dishes, but i'm not gonna pick up the nasty stuff that's lying around. if i organized a house party, i think i'd do a better job or organizing it (supply ashtrays so ppl don't use plates and cups from the kitchen, put bins around, etc). but i totally agree, it's better to go to them than to host, but if i go to them, i wouldn't chuck all sorts of stuff on the floor.
Reply 10
I enjoyed my new year celebration nothing special (curled up on the sofa and watched the fireworks on tv with my bf :smile:)
Reply 11
asmodexx
yeah, but i got off doing the cleaning :smile: seeing as how it wasn't my idea, and the extent of my organizing the party was supplying loo roll for all the toilets, i don't have to clean up! the two housemates of mine that organized it (the only other two that are here) are the ones that are cleaning up. i'll do the dishes, but i'm not gonna pick up the nasty stuff that's lying around. if i organized a house party, i think i'd do a better job or organizing it (supply ashtrays so ppl don't use plates and cups from the kitchen, put bins around, etc). but i totally agree, it's better to go to them than to host, but if i go to them, i wouldn't chuck all sorts of stuff on the floor.

Eww that is nasty. I've had a lot of parties at home and i also find that the more effort you make beforehand the less cleaning there is - if people can see you've put some work into it they're more likely to respect it. And clear ashtrays/routes to toilets/out of bounds areas are definitely essential!

anyway nice work for getting out if it :wink:

Latest