The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Politics Applicants 2012 Stalking Thread

Because lets face it - now that UCAS's are in/in the process of finishing, we're all dying to know what we're up against. Post your grades, work exp etc here ^_^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Applying for - Politics (nothing added)
GCSE's - BBBCCCCCDU
AS levels - AACD
Predicted - A*A*A*
Work exp - one week with MP, day with shadow secretary of state for education.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by Maddog Jones
Applying for - Politics (nothing added)
GCSE's - BBBCCCCCDU
AS levels - AACD
Predicted - A*A*A*
Work exp - one week with MP, day with shadow secretary of state for education.

I don't wish to be rude, but how are you predicted A*A*A* when you got a C? You know you'll have to get like 100% in every exam in that subject this year?

But anyway,
GCSES: Can't remember off the top, I think it was like 5As, 4Bs, 2Cs 2Ds and a Distinction.
AS levels ABBB
Predicted: AAB
Work Experience: Battle hardened political activist...

Also applying to: Bristol, Warwick, Nottingham, UEA
(Bristol and Warwick are my favorite two, but I am not putting my faith in an offer. I really really liked Sheffield though :smile: )
Reply 3
Original post by Obfuscator
I don't wish to be rude, but how are you predicted A*A*A* when you got a C? You know you'll have to get like 100% in every exam in that subject this year?

But anyway,
GCSES: Can't remember off the top, I think it was like 5As, 4Bs, 2Cs 2Ds and a Distinction.
AS levels ABBB
Predicted: AAB
Work Experience: Battle hardened political activist...

Also applying to: Bristol, Warwick, Nottingham, UEA
(Bristol and Warwick are my favorite two, but I am not putting my faith in an offer. I really really liked Sheffield though :smile: )

Because I went round my sociology teachers back, also I was on straight A's until one exam dragged it down, which I'm retaking.
Original post by Maddog Jones
Because I went round my sociology teachers back, also I was on straight A's until one exam dragged it down, which I'm retaking.

Fair play :smile: good luck getting them all :biggrin: I would've pestered my teachers to get me up to A*AA but I wasn't applying anywhere that actually needed it, and I thought I'd rather beat my predictions than hit them.
Reply 5
Applying for - Politics and IR
GCSE's - A*A*A*A*AAAAC
AS levels - AAABB
Predicted - A*AA

OFFER - AAB
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6
You'll love the politics dept at sheff, so much!
Reply 7
Appling for politics and philosophy i think.
GCSE: 7A*, 3A, 1B
AS: AAAB
Predicted A level: A*A*A*A
Reply 8
Hi there.
I got an offer from Sheffield a couple of weeks ago for History and Politics, and have also been invited to go to visit the department next year. Has anyone else got an offer/invite for history and politics??? GCSE's: 3A*'s 4A's 2B's and 1C AS Levels: AAAB and predicted: A*A*A*
Reply 9
Course: Politics
GCSE: 7 As, 4 Bs
AS: AAAU (English, History, Politics, French <- Dropped)
A2 Predicted: AAA + Welsh Bacc Advanced.
Offer: AAB or AA + Welsh Bacc

Got my offer about 30 minutes ago! So ****ing happy. I honestly thought I wouldn't get in, because on paper I suck.
Reply 10
Original post by Izzy_h

Original post by Izzy_h
Hi there.
I got an offer from Sheffield a couple of weeks ago for History and Politics, and have also been invited to go to visit the department next year. Has anyone else got an offer/invite for history and politics??? GCSE's: 3A*'s 4A's 2B's and 1C AS Levels: AAAB and predicted: A*A*A*

I do history & politics :biggrin: x
Reply 11
Applying for - Politics and French
GCSE's - A*A*AAAAABBB
AS levels - BBCD
Predicted - AAB (B for EPQ)
Work exp - Day at the local council/Labour activist/sixth form-y politics stuff

Acknowledgement the other day after sending UCAS off on the 21st. I'd genuinely be shocked if I got an offer with them AS grades. How long are they generally taking to send out offers anyway?
Applying for: Politics & Philosophy
GCSEs: A*A*A*a*AAaBBBD and a Distinction
AS Levels: AAAA
A Levels: AAB
Good luck guys! Feel free to ask me any questions about Politics at Sheffield and Sheffield uni life :biggrin:
Reply 14
I've applied to do Politics and Sociology, bit worried seen as I am yet to receive an offer and all these grades are much better than mine! My predicted grades do meet the required grades however - ABB
Is anyone else in the same boat? 'Cause I'm stressing about getting an offer as Sheffield is my top choice :frown:
Original post by Am'Jam
I've applied to do Politics and Sociology, bit worried seen as I am yet to receive an offer and all these grades are much better than mine! My predicted grades do meet the required grades however - ABB
Is anyone else in the same boat? 'Cause I'm stressing about getting an offer as Sheffield is my top choice :frown:

I've applied for the same course! :biggrin: When did you apply? I got an offer about a month after I sent it, just remember that the uni has been off for Christmas and New Year :redface:
Reply 16
Aw cool! i applied mid november, i noticed a lot of people getting offers round the 2nd tho, when did you apply? :smile:
that's true! i got an email couple of days ago saying that offers may be delayed due to high number of applicants so fingers crossed I still get in cz the deadlines gone now!
Original post by Am'Jam
Aw cool! i applied mid november, i noticed a lot of people getting offers round the 2nd tho, when did you apply? :smile:
that's true! i got an email couple of days ago saying that offers may be delayed due to high number of applicants so fingers crossed I still get in cz the deadlines gone now!

I applied 4th November and got my offer 5th December :smile: If you meet the entry requirements and have a good PS then I'm sure you'll get one, to be honest, I barely know anyone who's applied for the same course! :redface:
Reply 18
Original post by blondie :)
I applied 4th November and got my offer 5th December :smile: If you meet the entry requirements and have a good PS then I'm sure you'll get one, to be honest, I barely know anyone who's applied for the same course! :redface:

aw okay, yeahh still no luck tho :frown:, haha i dont know anyone who has! Is Sheffield going to be your first choice? :smile:
Original post by Am'Jam
aw okay, yeahh still no luck tho :frown:, haha i dont know anyone who has! Is Sheffield going to be your first choice? :smile:

It definitely is! I love the city and the uni :love: I'm just waiting on my insurance to get back to me and then I'll be firming it! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending