The Student Room Group

9 exams for this may?

hey guys, i was thinking about my exams.. i really want A's but i messed up in my january exams as i was in a relationship and it was quite intense and i regret it so much now :'(. However am ready to forget my past move on and do some work !, i am studying chemistry biology maths and physics. i decided to retake 4 A levels so i was just thinking if anyone else has been in this situation where they had to give 9 exams in may, how was it for you? is it even possible to get mostle A's and one or two B's, any good inputs will be highly appreciated ,thank you guys :-).
Reply 1
Hi! Have you started your revision yet? If not, then please start revising as much as you can, especially if you want to get A grades- don't spare a minute and get lots of revision done. I've got a lot of work to do and and I haven't spoken to my friends properly in what seems like a long time- but they understand and you should understand too that exams are temporary and lay the foundation for the rest of your life. You NEED to distance yourself from any distractions and meet your potential. That being said, try as hard as you can for these exams, if you're motivated then it will be possible to get A grades- but that's only if you're fully focused. I would advice you to take your exams next year and make sure you get all A grades in your second units for AS- in that way you could've proved your potential and persuaded your teachers to predict you A/A* grades for uni and then resat two in January and two in June. Remember if everything doesn't go as expected, you may make the decision to resit the year completely- although that may seem daunting, it is actually very beneficial and a great credit to your personality if you excel despite not doing well initially as it shows hard work and perseverance. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll do well and good luck and work hard- remember its only for 2-3 months, then you'll be FREEEEEE^__^
Is that all? I had 21
Reply 3
Original post by PanicAttack
Hi! Have you started your revision yet? If not, then please start revising as much as you can, especially if you want to get A grades- don't spare a minute and get lots of revision done. I've got a lot of work to do and and I haven't spoken to my friends properly in what seems like a long time- but they understand and you should understand too that exams are temporary and lay the foundation for the rest of your life. You NEED to distance yourself from any distractions and meet your potential. That being said, try as hard as you can for these exams, if you're motivated then it will be possible to get A grades- but that's only if you're fully focused. I would advice you to take your exams next year and make sure you get all A grades in your second units for AS- in that way you could've proved your potential and persuaded your teachers to predict you A/A* grades for uni and then resat two in January and two in June. Remember if everything doesn't go as expected, you may make the decision to resit the year completely- although that may seem daunting, it is actually very beneficial and a great credit to your personality if you excel despite not doing well initially as it shows hard work and perseverance. Nevertheless, I'm sure you'll do well and good luck and work hard- remember its only for 2-3 months, then you'll be FREEEEEE^__^

omg late reply but thanks a lot for that mate ! , how are you doing for your exams !?
Reply 4
Original post by adnan12345
hey guys, i was thinking about my exams.. i really want A's but i messed up in my january exams as i was in a relationship and it was quite intense and i regret it so much now :'(. However am ready to forget my past move on and do some work !, i am studying chemistry biology maths and physics. i decided to retake 4 A levels so i was just thinking if anyone else has been in this situation where they had to give 9 exams in may, how was it for you? is it even possible to get mostle A's and one or two B's, any good inputs will be highly appreciated ,thank you guys :-).

Hey! I'm in the same situation as you... I have 9 units for May/June.. i'm taking Maths, Chemistry and Business.. any help in the first 2 would be really appreciated, if you have any notes or revision tips! thaanks :smile:
Reply 5
I have nine exams too. I'm retaking three maths modules, doing four further maths modules and two physics modules. I'm more worried about the retakes! So I'm doing two exam papers every week. My teachers are really helpful when I get stuck. How are you guys revising?
Reply 6
I'm retaking Core3, as well as doing my standard C4 & S1... ahhh! my teachers are hell:/ they're not one bit helpful.. Well for my math modules, I am currently practicing on extra papers since I already completed all available Edexcel papers.. I am doing elmwood + Solomon.. both which are very helpful:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest