The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
Original post by letsbehonest
Yeah true :smile:

How is the rest of your application going?

not bad thanks :smile: just endless waiting for news -.- haha, what about yours?
Original post by _sparks
I've still left to hear from UEA..

Do they still have interview places to give out?

I haven't heard either! I just wish they would contact me already! Even if it's a rejection!
Original post by TheMan17
At my interview the guy says that offers should go out late feb/ early march and looking at last years thread offers were given in the first week in march.
He said offers are based in pre interview and interview scores, just hard to calculate the pre interview score.

are you sure he did not say UKCAT only? because I heard theres an equal weighting on UKCAT and interview score only, no 'academics' aka grades are involved
Original post by tdx
not bad thanks :smile: just endless waiting for news -.- haha, what about yours?

Just waiting for UEA. I was unsuccessful pre interview at my other choices :smile:
Reply 944
Just waiting for UEA. I was unsuccessful pre interview at my other choices :smile:

well it only takes one! :-) ... good luck!
Reply 945
How did everyone who prepare for their interview and what advice would you give? Were there any particularly tricky questions? thanks! :smile:
Original post by Lotte495
How did everyone who prepare for their interview and what advice would you give? Were there any particularly tricky questions? thanks! :smile:

When is your interview?

Prepare like you would for any other interview, you will be fine :smile:
Reply 947
When is your interview?

Prepare like you would for any other interview, you will be fine :smile:

It's 13th March but for the A104 course :smile: thanks. How formal is it?
It's 13th March but for the A104 course :smile: thanks. How formal is it?

Not too formal. It is structured but they treat it like a normal convo :smile:

Oh okay. Btw, is the offer holders day for the A104 course on the same day as the A100 offer holders day? Because that means we wont hear back till after the 13th March or even later! :frown:(((
Reply 949

Oh okay. Btw, is the offer holders day for the A104 course on the same day as the A100 offer holders day? Because that means we wont hear back till after the 13th March or even later! :frown:(((

I have no idea! I originally applied for the A100 course but got rejected but considered for A104 so I don't know a lot haha sorry
I have no idea! I originally applied for the A100 course but got rejected but considered for A104 so I don't know a lot haha sorry

Wow lucky!!

How did that happen? Did you apply for both courses on UCAS?

I don't think so, A100 and A104 are different so I would assume they would have different offer days.

Wow lucky!!

Again, I don't think so as that would be totally unfair :tongue: plus there's certain documents that has to be sent to be considered for foundation medicine.
Original post by Miel Purple
I don't think so, A100 and A104 are different so I would assume they would have different offer days.

Again, I don't think so as that would be totally unfair :tongue: plus there's certain documents that has to be sent to be considered for foundation medicine.

Yeah, confusing.
Reply 953
Wow lucky!!

No, in the rejected email they said they looked at the secondary school I attended to see if I fit in the first category, which it was an underperforming school, then requested further information for the second lot of criteria. Quite lucky really :smile:
No, in the rejected email they said they looked at the secondary school I attended to see if I fit in the first category, which it was an underperforming school, then requested further information for the second lot of criteria. Quite lucky really :smile:

Well, good luck.

Pretty unfair to all the other candidates IMO
Reply 955
Do you think we'll hear back first or second week of March?
Original post by Iamleah
Do you think we'll hear back first or second week of March?

I'd say the end of the second week or beginning of the third. one of the students said whatever happens it will be before the 22nd of march!
Last year the first offers were made on the 8th of March.
This year they said beginning of March.

What is a bit confusing it's that I heard there is still an interview held on the 6th.. I don't know if that's the case or not but I would say the second week maybe the 10th :smile: - it's my hopeful thinking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beibicris
Last year the first offers were made on the 8th of March.
This year they said beginning of March.

What is a bit confusing it's that I heard there is still an interview held on the 6th.. I don't know if that's the case or not but I would say the second week maybe the 10th :smile: - it's my hopeful thinking :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they're interviewing into march this year, so they'll be giving offers out later in march, but before the 22nd :smile:
Reply 959
Hi,

I received a pre-interview rejection saying I did not meet the initial entry requirements. But as far as I can tell I have. The only thing that might be an issue is that I did not have a B as AS level but I contacted the university prior to applying and the lady on the phone advised me that they would accept my Extended project qualification instead of a fourth AS level. I've emailed them and I ring their offices every day but no one has got back to me so far. I don't really know what else to do but keep contacting them as they are my last chance at medicine this year. Not holding out much hope :/

Latest

Trending

Trending