The Student Room Group

Wages at ASDA?

Hi,

I am about to start work at ASDA (part time). Just wondering...what is the pay like? I haven't been told anything yet apart from the fact I will be on the checkouts.

Many thanks
Haroon:smile:
Reply 1
£5.83/hr to start.

£6.03/hr after 26 weeks.
Reply 2
thanks! Thats not too bad considering that I am not going to get taxed.
so:
£5.83 X 12 = 69.96
69.66 + £30 ema = 99.96

Which department would you recommend working on? Are checkouts any good?

Thanks
Bobzilla123
thanks! Thats not too bad considering that I am not going to get taxed.
so:
£5.83 X 12 = 69.96
69.66 + £30 ema = 99.96

Which department would you recommend working on? Are checkouts any good?

Thanks

The branch im at pays £6.03 and an increase is coming next month to £6.12.

As for working on checkouts - it sucks, but its ££££.
Reply 4
I got £13.20 when I was college; systems support. But only 6 hours/week.
Reply 5
DancinBallerina
The branch im at pays £6.03 and an increase is coming next month to £6.12.

As for working on checkouts - it sucks, but its ££££.

Are you implying that there is more money at checkouts? Actualy I am hoping that you are implying that!
Reply 6
Bobzilla123
Are you implying that there is more money at checkouts? Actualy I am hoping that you are implying that!

If it's purely money you're after, work nights. Start on £7.77/hr, going up to £8.03/hr.

There are good things and bad things about every job... Some have annoying hours, some are mindbogglingly dull... Depends what compromise you want to make.

I'm a mercenary, I just want money. Hence why I work nights.
Reply 7
i work at checkouts and i get 5.90 an hour. although i'm in northern ireland and maybe the pays different here cause asdas still pretty new..i dunno. Doesnt matter where you work get paid the same
Don't wana scared you, Checkouts ain't bad but alot of people say its one of the worst jobs in the place. Simply cause you're sat in the one place for hours on end. It can get a bit dragging. Saying that it's a great place to work for, and i love the pay! some of my friends are on much less money than me.
If you end up staying after 10 you get time and a third.
Bobzilla123

No im not - im just saying that is how much im currently on - day rate. Night time its something like £7-8 odd.

Checkouts isn't all that if your looking for a glorified job @ Asda :rolleyes:, im lookin to move to George where I can work with fashion/clothes which I know I'll enjoy a lot better, but also get more hours too.
Reply 9
They have told me that I will be on a 12 months contract. Anyone else on a 12 months contract? If so, is there any option to change your hours later on in the year?

Thanks
Reply 10
hey

just started working at asda... 3 weeks...

im on home and lesiure get paid 5.83 an hour.

our department is wot u call going through a tough phase...

the department manager got sacked last month for stealing..

and now the new one is off sick for 2 weeks.

and one of the newbies has just left :O
Reply 11
Hi,

I was much like yourself when I started working in a large store just like yours, you know the big 'BLUE' one....

Anyway the pay is great and yes night shift is even better pay although the pay at asda is somewhat less than the place I work it is still easy money. I have been with my store for only over a year and I am already a manager and getting excellent pay and like I said in your case its 'really easy' money. You will learn to love your job if you love working with genuinely nice people. And you will start to realise that you will be getting payed alot more than people who work in other stores in your local area. Working for these big companies is great!
Reply 12
How much do ASDA pay NOW? I'm an ASDA collegue but cant remember the hourly pay? Smeone let me know ASAP! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest