The Student Room Group
mcdonalds
surely it depends on predicted grades...?
Depends on grades. Depends on whether they want to get a degree. Depends on what other experience they have and what jobs they are interested in.

Subjects really dont mean anything except to people on TSR.
Reply 4
Starr*
What career choices could you have with these A-levels?

English lit
Chemistry
Maths
History
Biology

AND

Biology
PE
Psychology
History
Economics

(For two of my friends who dont have TSR)

Thanks

Set 1: Medicine
Set 2: Law

Is that what they wanted to hear?
Reply 5
modini
Set 1: Medicine
Set 2: Law

Is that what they wanted to hear?

Lmao, You've made their day.
For the second friend, how about an educational psychologist? :smile:
Reply 7
Set 1 can do quite a lot of things
Reply 8
Starr*

English lit
Chemistry
Maths
History
Biology

AND

Biology
PE
Psychology
History
Economics

Thanks

A levels don't necessarily determine career paths. Are you friends planning on going to university?

If they are then the first set could go into Law, History, English/English Lit and possibly psychology and many more.

Set 2 can go into Law because History is essay based, not necessarily Economics because of lack of further maths, probably go into History as well as Psychology.

Does this help?
Reply 9
sleekchic
A levels don't necessarily determine career paths. Are you friends planning on going to university?

If they are then the first set could go into Law, History, English/English Lit and possibly psychology and many more.

Set 2 can go into Law because History is essay based, not necessarily Economics because of lack of further maths, probably go into History as well as Psychology.

Does this help?

Both want to go to university. These are the choices they have chosen because they like the subjects.
Starr*
Both want to go to university. These are the choices they have chosen because they like the subjects.

Well they can't just pick a degree based on what subjects they do (at least to an extent).

I imagine they are both in the first year of sixth form so they still have a while to decide and they could always go into any of the courses listed in my previous post.
Reply 11
Starr*

English lit
Chemistry
Maths
History
Biology

AND

Biology
PE
Psychology
History
Economics

Thanks

Set 1 is very similar to what I took and is suitable for a lot of things (some exceptions being engineering/physics/maths and languages). For example history, psychology, medicine, law, natural sciences, english etc.

Set 2 I suppose sport psychology or psychology (for PE, psychology and biology), history, PPE (philosophy, politics and economics), sociology, law again...
Pretty much anything they want (with the exception of medicine and engineering and the like for set 2)
Reply 13
Set one is excellent, set two not so much.

Maths/bio/chem perfect for medicine, English lit and history perfect for law with the sciences and maths to show variety and intelligence.

Without physics, engineering is out however.

I suppose that's what they want to hear? The best careers they can aspire to with those A-levels, right?