The Student Room Group

IB results....terrible, november resits?

so i got my results today, i needed 38 and i only got 32 for KCL LLB ( i missed Bristol as well they wanted 37)

I got 7,6,5 in my HL history, english and econ and 5,3,4 in math sl, chem and japanese (how did i get a 3 in chem wtffff)

so yeah, my shot as KCL has pretty much failed right ? :frown:

im thinking of applying for resits, but i dont know much about them...do they take place in november and are released before UCAS application days ? and do you think KCL will look down on someone whos retaken 3 subjects ??? i really wanna go there and i have no idea wtf to do....
please help !

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They're admirable results, imo!
I don't think you can resit.. can you?
Reply 2
actually i thunk u can do the nov ones by applying in the same wa u did for the mays...talk to ur ib coordinator...u have to do the whole set all over again though...not just 1 or 2..im so scared about m results ****...
Reply 3
clearing?
popobabu
your final result seems to be way lower than your predicted grades (considering you have an offer from KCL), which is making me a little nervous. Maybe you can ask for remarks?? i read on one of these posts somewhere that grades often change when sent for remarks.

Be careful though, marks can go up OR down this year, so make sure you're on the higher end of the boundary.
Reply 5
We all got terrible results I got 29 + 1 Diploma point which totals to 30, my predicted was 37!!!!!
I got 3 in my physics SL
Reply 6
You can resit exams. All in all you have three sessions, i.e. you've used up one now so you still have two chances to resit. You don't have to resit all exams (they don't even offer all the subjects in November), but you can pick only certain subjects.

Talk to your IB coordinator, their information will probably be more reliable than what people here on TSR say. :biggrin:
Reply 7
OMFG, the other thread gave me some hope but what's wrongggg here...... scared about my chem and math :s-smilie:
can I just say that i know how you feel and I know it doesnt help, but this tiem last year I missed my LSE and UCL offer by one point (37). Instead of enquiring I immediately deleted my application witin one hour and took a gap year. It was the best ting I ever did and now Im going to Durham to study a course that needs 38 points to get on it. Taking a gap was the best thing and although I was lined up to do resits in November because I was so disapointed, I didnt go to them because I thought they would be a waste.

Good luck in deciding what you want to do but if I were you Id negotiate rather than resiting, because if you take a gap year youll be so busy having an amazing time that you wont think about the exams! good luck with your decsion
Reply 9
i still didnt get mine but from what im hearing id rather not get them!!! :'( did u all have a pin code and stuff or did the school just send u the results????
shinejuly
OMFG, the other thread gave me some hope but what's wrongggg here...... scared about my chem and math :s-smilie:

Me too! I get my results at 6.30pm so I'm away to head out for a day of serious shopping to take my mind off of the stress.... I want to cry :cry:
Got my results yesterday and was really surprised with them I was predicted 39 but got 41 and exceeded my Imperial offer for Chemistry!
Chemistry HL - 7
Maths HL - 6
Biology HL -6
History SL - 7
French SL - 6
English SL - 6
(EE - A, TOK - B) - 3

Still annoyed with Biology though as I was expecting a 7. The whole year seemed to under perform in Biology with only 2 people getting a 7 in contrast to last years 22% achieving a 7.

Good luck to everyone and hope you got the results you needed.
Reply 12
Phantom_X
so i got my results today, i needed 38 and i only got 32 for KCL LLB ( i missed Bristol as well they wanted 37)

Hi..

I'm in the same situation as you...Missed my Kings LLB and Bristol offer... Was wondering, were you able to contact anyone at admissions office? I've been trying and trying non-stop, and it doesntseem to go through...

Thanks.
Hope it works out for us haha
Reply 13
Hey, FIRST, you should call KCL or send an email to them and ask them if they can put you in their waiting list.
Reply 14
mojohobo
Hi..

I'm in the same situation as you...Missed my Kings LLB and Bristol offer... Was wondering, were you able to contact anyone at admissions office? I've been trying and trying non-stop, and it doesntseem to go through...

Thanks.
Hope it works out for us haha

Out of curiosity, did you get 32 as well?
Reply 15
jy9626
Out of curiosity, did you get 32 as well?

I got 35...
Still nothing from Bristol. I'm starting to wonder if I got the wrong number but everywhere I checked it's the same one..
i was predicted 34 points as thats wot i got for my mocks but got 28 in the end which is a total disaster. Retaking 3 subjects this come November. French SL Maths SL Biology HL!!!! annoying!
Reply 17
mojohobo
I got 35...
Still nothing from Bristol. I'm starting to wonder if I got the wrong number but everywhere I checked it's the same one..

I got 34. kcl rejected me. warwick told me to wait. what did kcl tell you to do?
Reply 18
they just told me they wont take me this year
and not to bother reapplying next year because they dont take resit candidates.

fml
Phantom_X
they just told me they wont take me this year
and not to bother reapplying next year because they dont take resit candidates.

fml

hi! does this mean that king's college does not accept any candidates that resat any ib papers? could you quote the exact words they stated? i'm puzzled because i've heard of applicants who got into oxbridge after resitting modules, havent heard about ib resits though. thanks so much!

Latest

Trending

Trending