The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sarah182
I'm applying too :biggrin:

For Medicine - and another one from england! :smile:

This, my friends, is my competition^ :s-smilie: :p:
Eeee I'm glad you're all coming out of the woodwork :woo:.
Haha oh Sanjetti :tongue:.

Sarah182, ST ANDREWS! Although not the place to discuss it, what a tip top choice you made there :wink:. They were my firm last year!
Reply 23
Hahaha, sanjetti, you have a great chance at getting in!!

And omg St. Andrews, I KNOW. Its SO lovely, I would love to go there so much! Or even just get an interview :p:
I hope you get another offer from them this year! :biggrin:
That place makes me do this :sogood:, I adore it. So gutted that I'm not there right now :frown::frown:.

I HOPE I DO TOOOOO, and you :biggrin: good luck!
Reply 25
Alexandra1234567
That place makes me do this :sogood:, I adore it. So gutted that I'm not there right now :frown::frown:.

I HOPE I DO TOOOOO, and you :biggrin: good luck!

If you got an offer from them last time, surely your PS and academia would have impressed them! Should be the case this year as well :biggrin:
Sanjetti
If you got an offer from them last time, surely your PS and academia would have impressed them! Should be the case this year as well :biggrin:

Haha, thank you :smile:. But, well, my academia was never really quite up to 'St Andrews standard', not for their 2nd most competitive course anyway, so I reckon it was a fluke on a good PS, and now they won't bother :mad:.

But I can hopeeee :eek3:.
Good-day lovely Belfast applicants :smile:!

How are we all?
Reply 28
Alexandra1234567
Good-day lovely Belfast applicants :smile:!

How are we all?

All the better for seeing you! :wink:

And yourself?
mikeybey
All the better for seeing you! :wink:

And yourself?

Haha :redface:.

I feel like I've **** my brains out of my ears, thank you :smile:! I did six essays in three days, GO ME!
Reply 30
Alexandra1234567
Haha :redface:.

I feel like I've **** my brains out of my ears, thank you :smile:! I did six essays in three days, GO ME!

Niceee, That's dedication!

Wanna do my english coursework while you're at it?
mikeybey
Niceee, That's dedication!

Wanna do my english coursework while you're at it?

Hahah noo thanks :tongue:, I'm nicely done with coursework for the rest of my life!
Reply 32
i thinking of applying to go to Queen's to do history and either english or english and creaive writing
only problem is i dont understand what the scottish equivalent to the acceptant grades would be lol

sorry for the bad spelling:s-smilie:
Do they not say on the website? They should do.

YAY ENGLISH.
I looked myself and it doesn't, but other universities that ask for ABB at A-level ask for ABBB in Scottish Highers. Queen's say English has to be a subject included :smile:.

The creative writing + Eng wants either ABB or BBBb at Alevel, so that would roughly equate to ABBB or BBBBb at Higher and SL?
Reply 35
Alexandra1234567
I looked myself and it doesn't, but other universities that ask for ABB at A-level ask for ABBB in Scottish Highers. Queen's say English has to be a subject included :smile:.

The creative writing + Eng wants either ABB or BBBb at Alevel, so that would roughly equate to ABBB or BBBBb at Higher and SL?

You're doing all this hard work for the other applicants! Aren't you nice! :smile:

So, my english coursework...

:tongue:
mikeybey
You're doing all this hard work for the other applicants! Aren't you nice! :smile:

So, my english coursework...

:tongue:

Haha, I'm on a gap year, at my aunties and very very bored :tongue:.

But not THAT bored...
Reply 37
Hmmm, it's been a week and no acknowledgement from them. Although I did speak to the overseas admissions person through e-mail, but it wasn't directly related.

Did they acknowledge you guys or just send offers?
I emailed them asking if they got my application, they said they did, then they made me an offer if that helps :smile:.
Reply 39
Alexandra1234567
I emailed them asking if they got my application, they said they did, then they made me an offer if that helps :smile:.

How long did you wait? I don't want to seem too eager.

Quick Reply