The Student Room Group

What is the AQA Science ISA raw marks to UMS conversion?

I have 32/40 in my Biology ISA, what UMS would this be?
lucky that's probably a high B or a low A

r u doing AQA biology
Well my teacher said you find out the percentage normally, and then add around 7 to it, to get the UMS. Although, I think this is not true, and he said he is not fully aware of the exact methods.
Reply 3
X..Nobodyisperfect..X
lucky that's probably a high B or a low A

r u doing AQA biology

Yes, AQA.
I think it depends on which one you do as I think it changes. I would say it's a safe A.
Reply 5
I found on the AQA site it's a B, to get an A you need 34/40 which is 85% which I think is ridiculous as everywhere else on AQA you only need 80% for an A. Does anyone know if I'd still be awarded 80 UMS and is 34/40 85 UMS?
Reply 6
Well that would make it 80/100. So I think thats just an A, but I'm not too sure
Reply 7
STARMissyB
Well that would make it 80/100. So I think thats just an A, but I'm not too sure

According to AQA it's a B and you need 34/40 (85%) an A, which is stupid because 80% on everything else is always an A on AQA. Would I still be awarded 80 UMS even though it's a B?
Duckzilla
According to AQA it's a B and you need 34/40 (85%) an A, which is stupid because 80% on everything else is always an A on AQA. Would I still be awarded 80 UMS even though it's a B?

No, I am pretty sure the UMS marks would be in accordance to the grade so you'd have a score between 70-79.
Your raw mark percentage doesn't matter. They take the raw marks out of 60 and convert them to the grade boundaries ensuring the right number of candidates get each grade. Allowing for hard or easy papers. Therefore you would get the Ums. Even if 85% on the paper is an A that would still mean 80
i just realised this is such an old post 2010 XD
It's worked out using stats and different every year

Quick Reply

Latest