The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I thought you'd say that :frown:
Reply 21
See what your school tell you as appeals officially go through them. In recent years the appeals system has become so strict that you must have clear and reliable evidence for them to improve your grade. It is up to your school and if they deem your case invalid then you're buggered - pardon the phrase. However go onto www.sqa.org.uk/appeals and have a look at what they say as I've read throughout and it is interesting to see how you would be marked if the school sent away an appeal for you. You may at least give it a shot, at least try is what I say.
Reply 22
ive heard that if u have the same grade in your prelim aswell in the final exam then you can appeal?! so like i got a B in my chemistry prelim and Exam how ever i wanted an A, that cant be possible right?
Reply 23
Babb_zz
ive heard that if u have the same grade in your prelim aswell in the final exam then you can appeal?! so like i got a B in my chemistry prelim and Exam how ever i wanted an A, that cant be possible right?

Yes. If your NAB's are all at A standard and you have enough evidence from homework and classwork that your teacher can back up as being formally completed then yes it is possible :yep:
ribeena
Yes. If your NAB's are all at A standard and you have enough evidence from homework and classwork that your teacher can back up as being formally completed then yes it is possible :yep:

I thought NABs were only evidence of C level work?
Reply 25
In all subjects NAB's are suitable appeals evidence.

But yes they are usually covering C level work, I just meant if you do extremely well i.e full marks.
Vitamin D
I thought NABs were only evidence of C level work?

I think you can get away with them being more than that in the arts, since they might only be assessed at that level but you might still write an A-standard essay under exam conditions, say. Not like the sciences where it's sort of the ABCs.
rachiesy
There's nothing wrong with appealing when you have a genuinely good case for it.

Deal with it.

If anyone thinks there is a word out of place in that post they're crazy.
Alves
Higher RMPS
1st Prelim : 73% (A)
2nd Prelim: 80% (A)
Final exam: C :frown:

Can I get an B on appeal! Do I have a strong case?

Regards :smile:

I'm not familiar with the Scottish higher system but if the 'prelim's are modules then certainly! Shouldn't that be an A/B overall
Reply 29
Just so you know, I got an appeal last year from an B to A so that will make you happy!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :o: :p: :wink: :smile: :rolleyes: :eek: :woo: :yep: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

I do actually have a reason for under-performing as I DID mention above!
Reply 30
unknownrebalz
I'm not familiar with the Scottish higher system but if the 'prelim's are modules then certainly! Shouldn't that be an A/B overall

No Prelims don't count towards your course, they are just practice exams to see how you are getting on - usually in January/February to assess Unit 1 and 2 of a course. You don't need to pass them but there are NABs that you do have to pass to pass the overall course. :smile:
Reply 31
Hey guys

I recently sat Higher Computing and in the coursework I got 48/60, which I was told was an A, however in the exam, I got a D.

Now, my results says I have a D, surely, I'd get at least a C with an A for coursework, I answered almost every question and spoke to my friends and we had similar answers for some questions and they got at least a C.

What's the story? Would really appreciate a reponse as if I get a C I can go into my course, thanks guys.
Handbags down please people :wink:
Reply 33
I am the same with Advanced Higher bud!

I got 70/80 in the coursework - meaning I only needed 58% to get a 'A'
Both my prelims >80%
Yet my results show that I got a C in the external exam and a C overall :confused:

If i got a C in the external exam then surely my overall would have been at least a B with my coursework added. :confused:
Reply 34
Just remember that the coursework is not 50% of your grade. If you do badly in your external exam, the coursework is only a drop in the ocean in comparison to the exam.
Reply 35
Delaney
Just remember that the coursework is not 50% of your grade. If you do badly in your external exam, it doesn't really matter how you done in the coursework and vice versa.

Yea for higher, for advanced it makes up 40% of overall grade
Reply 36
What did you get for your prelim?
Reply 37
ribeena

Kool thanks, in my nabs i got, 25,27,23 in units 1,2, and 3,

thats great hoping for an A now
Reply 38
I didn't pass the prelim.

So, my coursework means nothing if I didn't do well in the exam?

Is there any chance of a C?
This is great, thanks for all your help! I was hoping because it's drama which is marked 50% acting and 50% written, I could appeal with a good acting NAB grade, and a few good essays. Fingers crossed, it's worth a try anyway!

Latest