The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 1
Think there were about £60 last year and I expect it will be just as difficult to get tickets again this year....!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
we have a safe sex ball wtf!?!?!?
Reply 3
sam8472

my exact reaction :yep:
didn't even know they exist.
Soooo jelous. Doubt Edinburgh will be up for holding one of those:frown:

They look amazing
Reply 6
sam8472

You have to be stupid or not a student to not know this information.
Reply 7
Ramble
You have to be stupid or not a student to not know this information.

I dont start till the end of the month and have done no research what so ever into exeter I figured I applied knowing virtually nothing about the uni so might as well turn up knowing **** all.
Reply 8
£60 a ticket?! thats a joke! i remember feeling ripped off by my flatmate in 1st year who offered to sell me her ticket for £40 instead of the £30 she paid for it (because she pushed past me in the queue and got the last two tickets after i'd been queing since 5 in the morning, bitch!)

Anyway, should be re-named the - not so safe sex ball - i think the day after that is the busiest day of the year for the student health centre...!

Is a very funny night out though!!!
Reply 9
ok done suome searching on you tube that could be a giggle
Reply 10
boho
£60 a ticket?! thats a joke! i remember feeling ripped off by my flatmate in 1st year who offered to sell me her ticket for £40 instead of the £30 she paid for it (because she pushed past me in the queue and got the last two tickets after i'd been queing since 5 in the morning, bitch!)

Anyway, should be re-named the - not so safe sex ball - i think the day after that is the busiest day of the year for the student health centre...!

Is a very funny night out though!!!

Maybe I'm wrong, might be getting confused with the Powderham Ball....however I know it was a bit too much for me to think it was worth it so I'm sure it was above £40.
They were £37 last year. we were the last group of people to get tickets and we'd been queuing since 2am. There were people directly behind us that had arrived about 5 minutes later and missed out.

Get there early. Offer to queue for people for money. You can get 4 tickets, so my friend and I only paid £7 for our tickets. Just get drunk and take lots of blankets.
yeah my flatmates queued from 1am. Anyone who started queuing after 2am didn't get any according to them. I didn't have to queue (yay) as I had a terrible chest infection and probably would have died out there (not so yay) so my housemates got mine for me.

Have to say though I didn't think last years was all that :/
The queue situation to get in to the ball was ridiculous - everyone was pushing forward so hard people were getting injured, it was FREEZING cold and they made us stand outside in the cold for an hourr when we'd paid so much for tickets to get in. There didn't seem to be much stuff inside either, though the jaguar skills dj set was good.
Would like to go again this year though
Smem
yeah my flatmates queued from 1am. Anyone who started queuing after 2am didn't get any according to them. I didn't have to queue (yay) as I had a terrible chest infection and probably would have died out there (not so yay) so my housemates got mine for me.

Have to say though I didn't think last years was all that :/
The queue situation to get in to the ball was ridiculous - everyone was pushing forward so hard people were getting injured, it was FREEZING cold and they made us stand outside in the cold for an hourr when we'd paid so much for tickets to get in. There didn't seem to be much stuff inside either, though the jaguar skills dj set was good.
Would like to go again this year though

I have no recollection of anything until about the last 30 minutes. Apparently I was carried all of the way there buy some guys dressed up in army gear. I don't remember the queue situation, but there was something in expose about it wasn't there? My friends say it wasn't worth all of the effort, but it's one of those things you have to do.
Last Summer's Dream
I have no recollection of anything until about the last 30 minutes. Apparently I was carried all of the way there buy some guys dressed up in army gear. I don't remember the queue situation, but there was something in expose about it wasn't there? My friends say it wasn't worth all of the effort, but it's one of those things you have to do.

Oh dearrrrr. I literally don't know anyone who remembers the night.
I lost half my friends within the first 10 minutes when we were trying to find a toilet that didn't have a queue of about 50 people all shoving. I remember the floor in one of the rooms as well was absolutely covered with alcohol and there just seemed to be no one cleaning it up. It was so sticky and wet and I saw so many people slip right over!

I think whoever planned it last year just did a particularly bad job 'cause the year before it was apparently absolutely amazingwhich is why I'd like to give it another go...

Latest