The Student Room Group

Help me with my options!

Okay this is my first post on here, and hopefully you guys will give me some good advice!

Basically like a lot of other people on here at the moment, im disappointed with my a-level results. This year i seem to have completely flunked all my exams ( i got pretty much d's straight through the modules i took this year)

And the strange thing is, its just my exams- the whole of the rest of the year the lowest i would get is a C

so I was predicted....
Art- A*
Maths- A
Chemistry- C

But actually got....
Art- A* (thank god, the only one i was happy with!)
Maths- C
Chemistry- D

Now i know, if i retook i could definitely bring my maths grade to an A ( i have no idea why i bombed them this summer...) and maybe get my chemistry to C.

But what i really want to do is architecture or graphic design....

So should i go to the art foundation at epsom this year (i've already been accepted) and do resits at the same time- whilst apply to UCAS?

Or should i resit the year- whilst maybe doing work experience all year and apply to UCAS?

because i'm worried doing a foundation and resitting 4 exams in january (C3, C4, Chem 3, Chem 4) will be too much!

any advice would helpful :smile: :smile: :smile: xxx
Original post by yougotthelove
Okay this is my first post on here, and hopefully you guys will give me some good advice!

Basically like a lot of other people on here at the moment, im disappointed with my a-level results. This year i seem to have completely flunked all my exams ( i got pretty much d's straight through the modules i took this year)

And the strange thing is, its just my exams- the whole of the rest of the year the lowest i would get is a C

so I was predicted....
Art- A*
Maths- A
Chemistry- C

But actually got....
Art- A* (thank god, the only one i was happy with!)
Maths- C
Chemistry- D

Now i know, if i retook i could definitely bring my maths grade to an A ( i have no idea why i bombed them this summer...) and maybe get my chemistry to C.

But what i really want to do is architecture or graphic design....

So should i go to the art foundation at epsom this year (i've already been accepted) and do resits at the same time- whilst apply to UCAS?

Or should i resit the year- whilst maybe doing work experience all year and apply to UCAS?

because i'm worried doing a foundation and resitting 4 exams in january (C3, C4, Chem 3, Chem 4) will be too much!

any advice would helpful :smile: :smile: :smile: xxx

if you want to become a graphic designer then i wouldn't bother resitting.
Your mostly judged on your work in your portfolio alone.
I myself really want to be a graphic designer myself.I was planning to do economics as i thought it create better opportunities but i dont enjoy it.I only reliseed what i really wanted to do yesterday and i think its to late for me to apply for a graphic foundation course and is really bothering me atm.May i ask when you allied for Epson? and il forget about architect as its very stressful and takes around 8 years min to become one thats if you pass a test and you start on average pay =[
Reply 2
Original post by JesusRevived
if you want to become a graphic designer then i wouldn't bother resitting.
Your mostly judged on your work in your portfolio alone.
I myself really want to be a graphic designer myself.I was planning to do economics as i thought it create better opportunities but i dont enjoy it.I only reliseed what i really wanted to do yesterday and i think its to late for me to apply for a graphic foundation course and is really bothering me atm.May i ask when you allied for Epson? and il forget about architect as its very stressful and takes around 8 years min to become one thats if you pass a test and you start on average pay =[

Omg a year on, and I just saw this! Thanks so much for the advice anyway! I actually ended up staying to do the foundation at Epsom- and it was worth it, as I realised I didn't really want to be an architect at all! if I hadn't done the foundation I wouldn't have been able to apply for graphics this year (which is what I'm planning to do at uni- so phew!)
How'd your situation with the economics turn out? Hope everything's going okay for you xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending