The Student Room Group

Do old people using the bus make it less pleasurable?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by ForGreatJustice
It's a bus. It's not about pleasure, it's about getting somewhere.

Also, First World Problems thread.

This all over.

Who the hell gets on a bus for pleasure in the first place?
Reply 41
Original post by Cybele
I begrudgingly offer my seat to an elderly person, even though a large part of me feels it's completely unfair. However I find women coming on with prams, taking up heaps of space, far more irritating. And because their pram takes up 3 seat spaces, they somehow think they're entitled to have a seat for themselves. Grinds my ****ing gears. :angry:

If its just a simple pushchair it's not that much of a problem. It's when people come on with the people carrier, double decker multi use all terrain pushchair/prams that are the same size as a small family car that problems are caused. Or when people think it's their God given right to come on the bus with a pushchair even when the bus is full, when really, it's tough ****, the bus is full.
Reply 42
Who cares if you have to stand on the bus? You have working legs o.O
hey, respect your elders!
Reply 44
Lol, my uncle is a bus driver, and the only ''friendly'' passangers he gets are the old folk. I remember him telling me something like there's this one old lady that boards his bus everyday, and she gives him a sweet once she gets off. This is in comparison to the constantly devolving youth that give him verbal abuse or try to board on for free.
In fairness, all people on buses annoy me.

Old people because they expect a seat so it feels like an obligation.
Young people with their music and bad attitude.
Commuters who feel they are better than you and dont care who gets in their way.
Mums with pushchairs who ignore their crying kids.
Reply 46
I'm one of those people who sits on the outside seat and puts my bag on the inside seat to prevent an old person from sitting next to me... however if the bus is literally full and theres an old person standing, i'll move my bag
I prefer the old people to the chavvy teenagers who sit on the bus with their loud **** music and smoking.
Reply 48
I actually witnessed a fight on a london bus where both parties were armed with kfc chicken bones. talk about living down to a stereotype.

After you've been through such horrors, old biddies are the least of your concerns.
Reply 49
I'll happily give up my seat for an elderly person, I have absolutely no problem with that, my problem is that my uni bus service is quite popular for elderly people due to where it stops between campuses, and I've often gotten on a bus to go to uni and have found it's been full, mainly with elderly people, and as a result of that I've had to miss or be late for my lecture until another bus came along. It's no good trying to get an earlier bus either, I've often qued for the bus hours before I was due to be there.

I know it's more of a problem with the bus service rather than the people, but I just sometimes get a bit angry over it when you think that you're paying to be at university and you can't go to your lectures because of a crappy bus service.

Other than that I don't think them using the bus makes it 'less pleasurable' - frankly I've never thought of any bus journey being pleasurable! It's more the people with loud music and the bad attitudes that tend to annoy me. And sometimes when I'm sat in a window seat and someone sits next to me - not just an old person, anybody - then when I go to get off they act like I've horribly offended them by politely saying "excuse me!"
Reply 50
Buses aren't there to give you a 'pleasurable experience'. It's there to ride people to their respective destinations.
The only bus journeys I take are between my town and the city centre, it only takes up 20 minutes of my time each way so it doesn't matter to me whether it's pleasurable or not, I don't have to put up with it for very long. If I had a car I would use that instead. I do hate when there are morbidly obese people on the bus who take up two seats so I can't sit down, but my legs work fine so again, I'm not bothered.
Reply 52
Original post by lubus
wtfs wrong with gum??

it is consumed by halfwits
You don't pay for a seat, you pay to travel on it.
Reply 54
I'd rather be on a bus with older people than on a bus with chavs, loud crappy music and screaming babies!!!!.
I don't know about you but I don't find buses particulaly pleasurable anyway....unless it's one of those old rickety ones that when they are stopped vibrate alot....
Original post by the bear
it is consumed by halfwits

Reply 57
I'd say it's more the drunkards.
They hop on, any time of day, sloshed beyond comprehension. They then proceed to yell out their life story and how their day has sucked balls.
Although I think this is most generally just around the Old Firm games.
Reply 58
Original post by rainbow.panda
I do hate when there are morbidly obese people on the bus who take up two seats so I can't sit down, but my legs work fine so again, I'm not bothered.

The worst is when you're in the window seat and they literally come crashing into you and crush you between them and the wall. One of the reasons I always sit in the aisle seat now.

There was an hilarious agruement between two tank pram pushers the other day. One of them made the fatal error of accidentally bumping the other pram ever so slightly as they tried to squeeze in.

You'd think she'd pushed the other pram over or rammed into it full pelt, but nope. Just a little bump, baby didn't even stir. Perhaps if they used prams not tanks to push their precious spawn around, a tiny little bump wouldn't happen?

The resulting slinging match woke the babies up though, which just made the two chav mothers cuss each other out more. Seriously, no brains some people.:rolleyes:
I try to avoid buses at all cost because people in general are just annoying.

Quick Reply

Latest