The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent Offers anyone?

Applying for Politics and just wanna see if they are sending out any offers :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey, i'm applying for conflict, peace and security, and i haven't received any offer yet (my application was sent on the 26th of october). i'm really nervous! kent would be my firm, and i really want them to make me an offer...
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Applied for CS with a year in industry oct 20, offer received nov 10
Got a history offer on Tuesday evening. I think they'll be giving out offers from now on because most people only got acknowledgements last week. :smile:
Reply 4
is kent your firm guys?
Original post by LauraMial
is kent your firm guys?

Most probably going to be my insurance
Reply 6
Original post by Prisonbreak94
Most probably going to be my insurance

which one would be your firm?
Reply 7
I applied for Economics at Kent 15th Oct and yet to receive a reply.
:cool:
which one would be your firm?

I have yet to receive my offers from others but I am most probably going to chose my firm as either Bath or Birmingham. How about you?
Reply 9
:cool:

I have yet to receive my offers from others but I am most probably going to chose my firm as either Bath or Birmingham. How about you?

i also have applied to unis with higher requirements and 'reputation', but i really hope kent to make me an offer.. it's my favourite one for a number of reasons xD
i also have applied to unis with higher requirements and 'reputation', but i really hope kent to make me an offer.. it's my favourite one for a number of reasons xD

Well, what are your predicted grades and the entry requirements like? What are your reasons for wanting Kent the most? :smile:
Reply 11
AAA including Mathematics, for Actuarial Science, much higher than their typical offer......
Reply 12
Well, what are your predicted grades and the entry requirements like? What are your reasons for wanting Kent the most? :smile:

well..
1) i like the content of the course (i'm applying to conflict, peace and security, a branch of IR).. i really want to work at the UN, and one of the students' testimonials for C,P and S included a job at the headquarter in new york.. kind of a dream for me
2) being it a more 'specific course', i'm less worried about the competition to enter it, and i'd bet on it, there will be fewer girls applying :P
3) i went to the open day and the campus is amazing, and canterbury is lovely.. coming from the south of italy means being in love with the sun, so i thought "maybe in canterbury it's less rainy and cloudy, and.. it's warmer!"
4) they offer a scholarship of 2000 pounds/year to almost everyone :P
5) they offer a scholarship for musically talented students (no matter the subject) of 5000 pounds a year, and i've been studying singing for almost 4 years...
6) their entrance requirements are not SO high, and the teaching quality is really good, along with the facilities and the activities..

in italy we don't have predicted grades, it's a very weird system indeed... in fact i didn't put them in the box, although my referee has been emailed from nottingham.. they wanted to know it (we just have an overall grade). The bad thing is that we can't choose subjects, and your education is left to your teachers' mood.. i will have ten modules at the final exam, which will be both written and spoken. out of 100, if i do well this year i can get 86... but i don't really think so, and on kent's website they say they want 83!
(i'm ****ting myself, i hate my school! i should have come to the uk to do A levels)
Reply 13
I've applied for Sociology but haven't even had an ackowledgement yet. Has anyone else applied for Sociology at Kent?
Reply 14
Just got one for politics YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Reply 15
Well done! Was it the grades you expected?
Reply 16
There's a list here as well (:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1783983

Congrats on the offer ^^
Reply 17
Original post by Politicsftw
Just got one for politics YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

really? when did u send it?? i'm really anxiouuuus
Received AAB for LLB Law.
Sent on 21st October 2011.
Offered on 8th November 2011.
Reply 19